1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ori, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Rafalaf

Rafalaf Chieftain

PA, USA(Originally from Szczecin, Poland)
    Does anyone know of any mods that basically make each turn equal to a shorter amount of time? Eg) 1 turn = 6 months rather than 1 turn = 1 year. I just need this for a scenario that I'm trying to construct.

2. beetle

beetle Deity

Sorry, you would have to change the setting at the beginning and end of your turn, each and every turn.

3. Diavke

Diavke Chieftain

Is there a command or something of that nature to prevent my AI teammate from making peace treaties?

4. Rafalaf

Rafalaf Chieftain

PA, USA(Originally from Szczecin, Poland)
    From what I know, there is not. But I'm not really sure since if scarcely play with an AI teammate or any teammate as a matter of fact.

5. beetle

beetle Deity

I think I remember an old thread with people complaining that this was fun-killing behavior that pretty much proved that the feature is only useful for multi-player.

6. lindsay40k

lindsay40k Emperor

If a city is built on Deer, and it gets a Granary, will the city tile benefit from +2 food for being a city with a granary and +1 food for being a Deer tile in a city with a granary?

7. Equilin

Equilin Prince

Yes, however the original yield of the tile will be replaced by the city's yield instead.

8. VikCiv

VikCiv Chieftain

Can I choose "scarce resources" in Civ5 BNW? I checked out the whole advanced option section but could not find anywhere.

9. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

On the right-hand side of Advanced Setup, the last Game Option (before Victory Types) is "Resources". From that drop-down menu, select "Sparse".

10. VikCiv

VikCiv Chieftain

I don't have one. I am trying to set up an offline BNW game, with AI, i've chosen random map. And the last entry in advanced options is a starting era. I also don't have stuff like "World age" or "Temperature" but that does not bother me. Maybe i need to load a map? Come to think of it, i don't see any of the stuff that has to do with a terrain/map. Though i did try to choose continents, the earth one and some other and additional option selections were not "unlocked".

PS
    I've tried without mods and it's still like that. Although i use only light mods like smart AI, global relationship, detailed civilopedia, workable mountains.

11. Browd

Random map means random map. If you don’t actually want random, dselect that and you should be able to specify all options.

12. VikCiv

VikCiv Chieftain

Thanks! I got it. It's just when I tried to select a map I selected those for which these options were not available (fractal, earth). I tried continents now and all of these options were there.

13. ZapBeeblebrox

ZapBeeblebrox Chieftain

Which city state should I attack? I'm thinking about either Prague (Iron + Elephants), Zanzibar, or Florence.
    Spoiler Ingame pic :

14. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Simperator Knoedel

Why would you attack any of them in the first place? It's much more efficient to befriend them.

15. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Is it known how the game decides where to put antiquity/hidden antiquity sites? I heard it puts them at places where there were battles, so you can do lots of early wars to cause a lot of antiquity sites to pop up later. Is that true?

16. Browd

It is far from transparent, but, yes, the more early battles you have the more likely antiquity sites will be exposed on those battle sites. But the game also appears to "invent" battle sites on its own.

17. beetle

beetle Deity

My experience is that they mostly spawn in old barb camp locations.
    Well it is not like lots of early wars cause lots of antiquity sites. The game decides how many to spawn over a very narrow range. If you do lots of early wars, a disproportionate number of them will be near your territory. But I have never heard of people claiming to have caused more than the usual number of sites to spawn.

18. ZapBeeblebrox

ZapBeeblebrox Chieftain

Does it count as a trade route if I connect my city with a city state via a street?
    Because I got the quest to complete a trade route to a city state.

19. beetle

beetle Deity

No, you need to build a trade unit (i.e., a Caravan or a Cargo Ship) and route it to the CS. The road building quests are different, and usually come up, so that probably won’t be wasted effort on your part.

20. Browd

Hold off building any roads to CSs until you get that specific request. if a road to a particular CS already exists, the quest won't fire for that CS.