Quick Questions and Answers

All right, thanks! :D

I know many use their capital as science city and put NC in their capital as well. But I want to make use of the jungle and bananas. Still thinking where to put NC.

Should I relocate my capital next to the Wonder and use that to build an observatory? There's Genghis Khan opposite but it's just Settler mode.

settler1.jpg

Last edited:
All right, thanks! :D

I know many use their capital as science city and put NC in their capital as well. But I want to make use of the jungle and bananas. Still thinking where to put NC.

Should I relocate my capital next to the Wonder and use that to build an observatory? There's Genghis Khan opposite but it's just Settler mode.

View attachment 519269
It is almost always better to have NC in capital as science scales with population.

Lol.. settler mode. To be fair even at prince the AI is quite passive and will ignore u unless u have very little army.

Okay, thanks for the tips! :) Well, I've rarely touched strategy games so, starting from Settler was the best way. Man, this game is really complex.

Hello, i'm new here, but know this forum for years, and many times came back here in search for answers for the Civ 5 game, that i love so much.
Only now, i registered and ask my first question:

I'm using Vox Populi with EUI, and Enlightment Era (vox populi version), and covert operations.

Does anyone knows if theres a way to stop enemy spies from stealing my tech? It does not matter how many times i load the game before the turn in wich i've been stolen, i cant get the enemy spy, and kill him, even with my own spy in the city.
it always is the capital, and i have great wall and palace, barracks, and even armory. I'm in the Medieval Era, and the enemies are in the Classic Era. My spy is level 1, and i dont know what to do to level it up. Does anyone knows what are EXATCLY THE ODDS for killing a enemy spy? For the Love of God! I installed this mod to have fun and not to infuriate me!!!

The loading times are killing me, and the CTDs, are constant after 5, or 6 reloads, even with a High End Powerfull PC gamer.

Hi! I recently played civ5 on level 5 and won with over 3000 points. The two following games on the same level the AI attacked me with 10 or more units between 50-100 turns into the game. Its like HA HA Im going to obliterate you. How do you compete with that? Im having a hard time understanding the mechanics of this game. Is it just bad luck sometimes?

Hello, i'm new here, but know this forum for years, and many times came back here in search for answers for the Civ 5 game, that i love so much.

I'm using Vox Populi with EUI, and Enlightment Era (vox populi version), and covert operations.

Does anyone knows if theres a way to stop enemy spies from stealing my tech? It does not matter how many times i load the game before the turn in wich i've been stolen, i cant get the enemy spy, and kill him, even with my own spy in the city.
it always is the capital, and i have great wall and palace, barracks, and even armory. I'm in the Medieval Era, and the enemies are in the Classic Era. My spy is level 1, and i dont know what to do to level it up. Does anyone knows what are EXATCLY THE ODDS for killing a enemy spy? For the Love of God! I installed this mod to have fun and not to infuriate me!!!

The loading times are killing me, and the CTDs, are constant after 5, or 6 reloads, even with a High End Powerfull PC gamer.

Well you should ask mod questions to the mod author. Either on steam or here if that person has a thread for the mod.

If you have not random seed selected for your game reloading wont help since it will keep drawing the same number always resulting on the same result. This can only be changed by doing actions that involve random numbers first and trying a different amount of such actions in order to be at a different place of the "random" sequence.

The bigger question is why does it annoy you so much that an AI steals a tech...

Hi! I recently played civ5 on level 5 and won with over 3000 points. The two following games on the same level the AI attacked me with 10 or more units between 50-100 turns into the game. Its like HA HA Im going to obliterate you. How do you compete with that? Im having a hard time understanding the mechanics of this game. Is it just bad luck sometimes?

There is a lot of difference between turn 50 and turn 100... I doubt King AI attacks at 10 units at turn 50. Range units with a few entrenched melee blockers are king in this game in the hands of a human. A city with 2-3 Range units and 1-2 Melee units can hold 10 AI units without issue.

The key is to have enough units as deterance (that's why u can't rush too many wonders at higher levels) and bribe AIs to attack another civ if u sense dangers (they start moving units towards you).

If you have warmonger neighbors (Shaka, Monty, Atilla, Genghis) then understand that war is perhaps inevitable (esp at higher level). So you should take the opportunity to strike first.

You must first see to that you level up your spy. The most effective way of doing this according to some is to use him as an diplomat. (I do this; if not when I instead have him leveling up by stealing from other players.) When your spy has become lvl 3 he will kill all but a rare few one's.

You should really ask questions related to Vox populi, in the proper forum where we discuss this mod. I saw this message by mere coincidence.

Hey there, new user, and only recently really getting into Civ 5. I Anyway, so I had been playing for a lil while and got the EUI, which has been working fine in single player and MOD games; then I download the Vox Populi mod a few days ago, attempt to play, and instead of the drop-down info typical of the EUI, it only says "words." In single player games, the EUI still works just fine, so for some reason it's only when I try to play a MOD game, it does this

Any suggestions? I tried deleting the EUI folder, and interestingly, I start getting all these "Cannot load..." messages, but haven't found a way to make the EUI work with the mod

in the basic game, can a city rebel and form a new civilization? with whom to establish diplomatic relations as with the major civilizations? there is the flipping of the city by culture ?

in the basic game, can a city rebel and form a new civilization? with whom to establish diplomatic relations as with the major civilizations? there is the flipping of the city by culture ?
Nope to the first point, you need mods for that.

You can however voluntarily release cities on other landmasses than your capital to form a new civ which starts as your vassal.

Cities can be flipped by culture, yes.

Edit: Whoops, I thought this was for Civ4.

In Civ5 you can liberate cities of dead civs to resurrect them, but they won't rebel on their own.

In the late game cities might rebel when you are below -20 happiness and join a civ following another ideology.

Okay, two little things. Playing with SmartAI v3, but it's probably not important for this.

So, AI bombed me a bit with Great General, plopping a citadel at 4 hex distance from my city, next to his city, grabbing a few good tiles from me this way. So, I naturally burned the problematic city down and turned his lands into a shooting range. Now the question is, can I utilize that citadel to expand my borders somehow?

Second...through some weird stuff with alliances and wars, I am allied to two CS that are neighbors...and at war with each other. Will they eventually make a peace, or is there any way to get them to stop, without losing alliance with either one or conquering one?

A little question here: Sovereignty policy (in Rationalism) gives +1 gold on science buildings. But how does that work with maintenance? Does all maintenance just got reduced by 1, or it is eliminated entirely and the buildings give +1 instead?

When I adopt the Volunteer Army tenet of the Freedom Ideology and get the Foreign Legions, they sometimes initially have XP and can be promoted. What's the difference between they have XP or not? It seems XP building is irrelevant in my research.

Hello, I have a problem with a Victoria mod and I will attach it in a prinstcreen. It worked fine untill 2 days ago and it pisses me off cause it s probably my favorite version of england. As you will see the mod whether on the loading screen or in game doesn t show names anymore , be it of units or english cityes. It just shows stuff like loc_txt_bla bla.

Attachments

• england victoria.png
    england victoria.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 205
Last edited:
What qualifies a civ to get the 2 delegates in the World Congress from World Wonders? In my current game I've just reached the first voting session and was surprised to see that a civ which has built NO world wonders got these 2 votes. I myself have built 8 of them.

What qualifies a civ to get the 2 delegates in the World Congress from World Wonders? In my current game I've just reached the first voting session and was surprised to see that a civ which has built NO world wonders got these 2 votes. I myself have built 8 of them.

The WW that provides WC votes is Forbidden Palace. The Civ doesn't have to build it, just has to own it (meaning, if another Civ builds it, then you capture that city, you now have those two votes).

Does THAT work with what you're seeing?

Top Bottom