Quick Questions and Answers

The WW that provides WC votes is Forbidden Palace. The Civ doesn't have to build it, just has to own it (meaning, if another Civ builds it, then you capture that city, you now have those two votes).

Does THAT work with what you're seeing?

Yes. Thanks for the quick response.

I recently had to upgrade to windows10. Does Civ5 have problems with windows 10?? The arrows to advance to the next unit don't work. The actions (A unit needs Orders, Next Turn, ect) only work sporadically.

I recently had to upgrade to windows10. Does Civ5 have problems with windows 10?? The arrows to advance to the next unit don't work. The actions (A unit needs Orders, Next Turn, ect) only work sporadically.
I'm using Win10 and have no problems besides tab-switching CTD (which is likely not related to Win10). Consider backing up your saves and re-installing Civ5

Do cities connected by harbours produce a gold cost or bonus like cities connected by roads? If so, what are the mechanics?

Thanks.

Last edited:
they produce gold like road connections with the same mechanics, gold based on pop of the destination city.
it does not cost road maintenance however (instead the harbor is 3 gpt to maintain)

Apologies if this was asked before...

I have a tank with March promotion from the times it was knight. Now it can get Repair promotion, will they stack, giving it double healing?

Hello Guys! I would like to ask for help. I am thinking of buying Civilization V from the App Store. I have Macbook Air 2017 with the Mojave OS. I read that there are problems with compatibility. Can I download it without worrying that something will not work? Which version is better - App Store or steam?
Thanks a lot for help!

Been a long time since I’ve played Civ IV, so I bought Civ V. Been playing for a few days and I’m in a game, early on, I build a mine on an iron producing tile. I quickly get 2 iron, shortly after I upgrade two warriors to swordsmen.

All good so far.

Except that I am now many many turns past that, and my mine is still giving me no iron. I got 2 and used it, and now that’s it. I made sure a citizen is working that tile but I’m still getting no iron. Is that all I get?

That’s all you get. The mine produces a static amount of iron (here, 2 units) that is sufficient to support that number of iron-using units (here, your two swordsmen).

That’s all you get. The mine produces a static amount of iron (here, 2 units) that is sufficient to support that number of iron-using units (here, your two swordsmen).
Ok, I see. So if I was to have one of the swordsmen killed, or both, would I be able to get more iron again from that mine and produce more swordsmen? Or is that mine completely done producing iron permanently?

If a resource-using unit is deleted or killed (or promoted to a new unit that doesn’t use that same resource), the resource associated with that unit is freed up. But with 2 iron, you can only have 2 iron-using units at a given time. Note also that if the iron mine is pillaged (or conquered by another Civ), you will still have the 2 swordsmen, but they will operate as resource-deprived (combat strength malus and won’t heal) until you repair the pillaged mine (and start getting 2 iron again) or otherwise find some replacement iron.

The longer-term solution is to go out and find more iron — trade for some iron, found a new city near some on-map iron that isn’t already owned, cultivate alliances with city-states that have iron, and conquer other civs’ iron-bearing cities.

Not a question, but can someone please upload one of their saves from the mid-late game? Industrial or modern era on a Small/Standard map. I've lost all my old saves, and I need to check if I can load mid/late game saves.

Grab any game in the HOF, you should be able to try loading any of the 4 games submitted for it.

I have Macbook Air 2017 with the Mojave OS. I read that there are problems with compatibility. Can I download it without worrying that something will not work?
As a general rule, the App Store checks for compatibility before letting you download. I am playing now on Catalina 10.15 without issues, and had no trouble with 10.14 before that. But your are correct to ask, since there have been compatibility issues on/off the last couple/three years, but I think it is all good now. Several of my Steam games no longer run.

Also, please try posting this question on the Macintosh Forum, as there are too few OS X users here, and @AlanH is a peach! Steam vs App Store comes up a bit, but I did not find a recent thread on the topic.

Gajah Mada's main buff is called "Spice Islanders". When Indo settles the first time in a continent away from the one housing the capitol, they automatically receive 2 units of a unique Luxury Item - one of three spices unique to Indonesia.

I'm looking for input from anybody who's played Gajah Mada - since these spices are only produced by Indonesia, can you hold out for a premium in luxury/strategic items or GP when trading them to other Civ's?

Are these situations bugs or features

1. You cant capture aircraft carrier when there are planes stationed. Is show probability as usual but in my experience it always fails

2. You cant capture ship if there is embargoed unit on same tile. It shows percentage as usual but in my experience this also always fails

Playing a game on Civ V and I won the diplomatic victory a while ago. Been playing “just one more turn” for about a hundred turns or so. Been building spaceship parts but when I transport them to my capital, nothing happens. Civilopedia says as soon as a piece gets into my capital, it’ll ask if I want to add it to my spaceship. It’s not happening though. I seem to have no option to add any of the pieces to the spaceship. What’s going on?

Top Bottom