1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ori, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Purest Warrior

Purest Warrior Chieftain

I still have the option to remove road, after I've built RR. Conversely, I don't have the option to remove RR. Is that just me?
    Thx for replying, KCD.

2. Roboto

Roboto Chieftain

Yes I think that I don't have alluminium on my map. But is that even possible? How do you make it that you have every resource on your map? And yes, I am going for the cool units :goodjob:

3. Purest Warrior

Purest Warrior Chieftain

I think Pieceofmind is asking because it may be a bug, if there is no aluminum at all.

4. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

This is just me guessing, but that probably just removes the railroad. Once the railroad is built over the top of the road, I'm pretty sure the road no longer exists.
    I suppose it's possible. It might depend on what mapscript you are using. Are you certain you have the tech that reveals aluminium? Also, I assume you've turned on resource flags (Ctrl+R I think) so they'd be easy to spot?

5. Xger

Xger Chieftain

Just by building the city you gain access to that resource. If a city is built on top of a resource, your economy gains it assuming you have the tech to improve (and since it's iron, you have to have the tech)

6. SewerStarFish

SewerStarFish Chieftain

Resource do not appear unless you have the appropriate tech to see the resource. I believe that every non-mod map has all the resources.

7. clearbeard

clearbeard Chieftain

Lowest ratio I've seen is only 2 coal on a standard size map.

One other possibility is that the AI has settled cities on all the aluminum. When there's a city on a resource, the flag doesn't show up (at least in standard view, I never use the strategic one). You have to mouse over the city itself, to see what resources may be there.

8. sylvanllewelyn

sylvanllewelyn Perma-newb

Question: I had open borders with a nation, move my unit through a group of units into the unexplored area in front. I ended up on top of a unit so I had to move, but I did not have enough movement points left to move to an empty tile as I was surrounded by units of the other player. I cannot end the turn because no turns can end with 2 military units in the same tile. What do I do so I can keep playing?

9. dfn

dfn Chieftain

Can you put your unit on alert, or fortify it? Give it directions to go to some other spot in the next few turns? Have you tried shift+enter to skip the turn?

10. PieceOfMind

If the above doesn't work (I don't think it does), you could also try saving and then re-opening the game.

Unfortunately though, I think this is a serious bug. It's in bug reports already.

Also, if worst comes to worst, you have the option to delete the unit. Yeah - that sucks, but at least you can continue the game you have going.

11. Roboto

Roboto Chieftain

I haven't turned on those flags and I have researched that tech to show it. But forget about it, I have found some on another island :lol:, now I only have to take it.

12. marekb

marekb Chieftain

In the worst case you should be able to disband a unit.

13. Roboto

Roboto Chieftain

Sorry, just 1 more question. This one really bugs me. I've come to the point where I can build the atomic bomb. I have 5 resources of uranium in my land (with mines on them). But when I want to build a atomic bomb, it says that I don't have uranium. And there is a 0 next to the uranium icon. It says somewhere that 5 of 5 urinuim is used. I have build a couple of nuclear plants. Could that be it? And if so, how do I remove 1 or 2 of them so that I have enough uranium?

You've all been really helpful so far, so thank you for that!

14. PieceOfMind

To sell a building, go into the city screen, and just left click on the building on the right side of the screen. It should come up with the prompt asking you to confirm whether to sell or not, with some info on how much gold you'll earn and how much maintenance you'll save.

15. matthewh546

matthewh546 Chieftain

I just got the game and i was wondering, do you still have to build a road to all of your improvements?

16. matthewh546

matthewh546 Chieftain

Do you have to connect your resources to a city with a road?

17. PieceOfMind

No, and no.

The only reasons really to build roads now is to
    1) connect your cities to your capital in order to establish a trade route (which earns you gold depending on the size of the city). Note you can also use harbors to establish a link between cities separated by water.
    2) to speed up unit movement.

Connection to resources is now automatic so long as it's in your borders and has the right improvement.

18. Roboto

Roboto Chieftain

I can't do that :S

19. GamerDad

GamerDad Chieftain

First question is can I sell a city? Not just a building.. but an entire city?

I'm going broke. I need to maintain my warfront and have the units to do so, but even without creating new units or buildings (all cities are on Wealth) I am still losing 7 gold a turn and quickly entering "AI randomly sells my unit" territory.

Help. I don't know what else to try.

20. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

Last I knew you could, but I have not tried it with the lastest patches. If you sell you will have lower unit support and still have money issues.

Do you have open borders or lux or resources to sell instead. Better to drop another town down and get more unit support. Maybe sell of monuments.