Quick Questions and Answers

I'm going for culture victory so I really don't want to sell any buildings off. I have a ton of open borders and have been trading resources for gold with a couple of the AI but it isn't enough to get me even. Frustrating! I feel like America...

Also, I saw that Steam came out with a patch but I bought the game in a store (not a digital copy). Where do I get the patches? Steam doesn't have anywhere to download one.

First question is can I sell a city? Not just a building.. but an entire city?

I'm going broke. I need to maintain my warfront and have the units to do so, but even without creating new units or buildings (all cities are on Wealth) I am still losing 7 gold a turn and quickly entering "AI randomly sells my unit" territory.

Help. I don't know what else to try.

Is the city giving you a net profit? If it is, selling it could be a bad idea, unless you're looking to get some quick cash and solve your economic problems later. I'd say try selling resources to the AI, Open Borders to the AI, and maybe ending your war and selling some units for now. Or maybe capturing a city quickly for some extra profit? Are there any Social Policies you can buy right now to help you? Maybe you can Pillage enemy territory?

You should be able to sell your city via Diplomacy to an AI.

Aha! Thank you for the tip. The city was a bad move and bad placement. Not enough food, can't grow and has been completely unproductive both before it was captured and after I liberated it. It's worthless to me. I have been getting all of the economic enhancing policies the last few opportunities. Was definitely thinking along those same lines.

I am still having problems with my in game hub disappearing when I browse the available mod downloads. It stays up longer than before the patch but it still goes away??? Is there something I missed or is this still a problem? Anybody else?
So...I am the only one who is still having problems with the in game mod hub disappearing still?

Also, I saw that Steam came out with a patch but I bought the game in a store (not a digital copy). Where do I get the patches? Steam doesn't have anywhere to download one.

I have also bought the game in a store (actually from Amazon, but in this case it is the same thing), however I activated the game in Steam and downloaded and installed it through Steam, never touching the discs. :cool: (I did the same thing with Empire Total War and Napoleon Total War.)

Since you also need Steam installed anyway to activate your copy (assign your serial key to your Steam account) when you install from disc. I suspect you get updates the same way. I suggest you open Steam and select Library. I expect Civilization V would be in the list with available games. If it is highlighted, it is installed accordingly to Steam; you will get updates automatically and should be up to date by now. You can check the version number in main screen (I don't remember where exactly to find it.)

Otherwise, you can also try to uninstall Civilization V and reinstall through Steam. Activate it through Steam if required. But I doubt this would be necessary.

I got mine at Gamestop and installed from the CD to avoid the d/l time. I get patches automatically from launching Steam.

Ok...Am I just not asking this question in the right section? Please somebody throw me a bone because this is really frustrating.

Ok...Am I just not asking this question in the right section? Please somebody throw me a bone because this is really frustrating.

As has been said, you're probably better off asking the question in Technical Support, because it's not really the focus of this thread. You might even find a thread about the same problem.

Does the 15% combat boost for an adjacent unit (social policy) not count when attacking cities? It never shows up in the list of bonuses for me.

Does gifting units to CSes always yield two IPs or is it somewhat dependent on the units combat rating?

Appears so, unless the CS has specifically asked for units when it's being attacked by another civ. Then the gain is higher, but I don't remember exactly how much, the one time I did that.

Does the 15% combat boost for an adjacent unit (social policy) not count when attacking cities? It never shows up in the list of bonuses for me.

Most combat bonuses (on both sides) do not show up in the mouse-over list when attacking cities, that one included. They are still being applied, just not displayed. I'm pretty sure they're even included properly in the combat odds portion of the display, just not listed. You could confirm by moving the supporting unit away (or deleting it), and see if the combat odds go down.

Hey all,

I don`t know whether this is the right forum as my question is about a possible mod.

I own Civ 5 since today and already implemented a lot of mods but I am still looking for a mod that disables the transport function of all units. I already downloaded a transport ship mod but it does not deactive this function.

Is such a mod available? Could anyone please provide the link?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

I don`t know whether this is the right forum as my question is about a possible mod.

I own Civ 5 since today and already implemented a lot of mods but I am still looking for a mod that disables the transport function of all units. I already downloaded a transport ship mod but it does not deactive this function.

Is such a mod available? Could anyone please provide the link?

Thanks in advance!

Should be easy enough to make, you should just have to remove the embark promotion from the game. Post on the mod forums asking someone to make it, if you can't figure out how to mod the change yourself. It's simple enough that Kael's modder's guide should give you all the info you need.

Top Bottom