1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. besset

besset Warlord

Is tradition Arabia OP? It's just such a nice synergy, just had my easiest immortal victory to date as Arabia

2. besset

besset Warlord

Does internal trade routes provide city connections? If that's the case, I'd assume the city connection ends when the TR is complete?

3. Grabbl

Grabbl Prince

They don't provide city connections, they only eliminate unhappiness from disconnection (without actually creating one).

4. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Just note that the higher of the CS and RCS adds to the extra city defense. It was changed this way about a year ago (before it was always CS, so the choice you mention was more significant).

Grabbl and tu_79 like this.
  5. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I remember now the talk, but wasn't sure if that was implemented. Knight is still the best garrison, guess cannons might be good too.

6. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Yep, it was - to my dismay.

7. EriktheRead

EriktheRead Chieftain

Im struggling to find a better social policy lineup for wide tourism/culture play. I usually go Progress-Fealty-Aesthetics. Aesthetics is basically required because of the hidden sites, progress is still best for wide play. Fealty just offers so much infrastucture, and gives the faith discount and religion tourism boost.

Im trying to convince myself to go Progress-Aesthetics and then a renaissance tree. Or do I already have the best idea?

8. Nomad4

Nomad4 Chieftain

Noob here, love VP. As opposed to a more challenging game, I prefer settings that allow me to relax and expand my empire after a long day at work. I'm a huge fan of 8 Eras of Pace mod in Civ6, and I was curious if there were any mods recommended/compatable for VP that accomplishes the same thing (slower eras, while keeping production at standard but balanced).

9. vyyt

vyyt Deity

@Nomad4, I think all the mods slowing down the science generation are compatible - see the stickied compatibility thread. Not sure if there is any more sofisticated mod which would adjust other aspects, but if you just want to have more time to build infrastructure you will be fine with slowing science constantly a bit.

10. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

11. Nomad4

Nomad4 Chieftain

I went through the stickied Mod compatability thread and the only mod that boasts to make the changes I want (Alt Gamespeed v5) has a broken link. Would simply increasing scinece costs achieve what I want or is there more to it, like making production to research/wealth available faster, or making barbs give unlimited exp? I'm trying to find if anyone has gone down this path with balance for VP in mind.

I'm not looking to add a new era exactly, I simply want to slow the eras that exist incrementally so expansion and building has more time.

12. pintocat

pintocat Warlord

How does mountain passability work? I chose Inca for my first play, and found they can walk over mountains like vanilla Carthage (but without taking damage when staying there). I also so a barbarian spawn on top of the Barringer crater. Do barbarians walk on mountains? Can anybody walk on a mountain if I made a road on it?

13. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/technology-cost-of-history.607548/

However this is quite obsolete by the default VP standards as I believe the science cost numbers are jumbled now.

14. Infixo

Infixo Deity

There’s a file TechCostChanges.sql in (2) CBP. If you change numbers like x2 or x3 you will have x2/x3 longer research. This won’t affect buildings’ nor units’ costs.

vyyt likes this.
  15. Grabbl

Grabbl Prince

As Inca, your units can always pass over mountains. When you build a road there, anybody can walk on the mountain, that's right. There are two units (Zeppelin and Helicopter) that can walk on mountains for every civ, besides that only Incas can. Units on mountains don't take damage automatically, but if I recall right, they can't heal there.

The Barringer crater is different from this, however: In VP, not all natural wonders are impassable anymore, only the "true" mountains. So, anybody can walk on it. Barbarians can't walk on mountains.

16. arthurF

arthurF Warlord

Religion questions:
    One : I have a religion and every city has a temple, and one of the tenets of the religion is a one of the buildings that increases religious pressure/increases resistance to conversion. However, my religious pressure is only something like 38, whereas the pressure of the enemy religion is something like 120! What gives? How do i possibly succeed? I have built also the temple national wonder. I am constantly struggling to produce missionaries/inquisitors just to hold on, instead of building cool stuff like writers or whatever. Anyone able to help? How do you best maintain strength of pressure of religion?

17. pza

pza Prince

each follower of your religion exerts pressure in its range. that means, if you increase the number of followers with missionaries or decrease the number followers of other religions in the region, you can achieve a higher pressure. having an early lead on follower count is very helpful for maintaining the religious authority in the region. you should consider delaying the upgrading of your religion with the second prophet in order to buy missionaries (or using a prophet, in case of india). also, missionaries are better for increasing followers (which then also increase pressure) than the percentual pressure from builds is. so first, stabilize your religion, then upgrade it.

mind you, your enemies, if they already have a majority religion, will send in inquisitors and missionaries to return their cities to their majority religion. so if you're trying to spread into foreign lands, make sure you convert most or all cities at once. and have some conversion left over in case he has had inquisitors leftover. this way he'll adopt yours and will not buy other religion's missionairies/inquisitors. this obviously doesn't work with enemies that have a holy city and therefore an own religion.

traderoutes are also a good way to transport your influence to foreign or distant cities. in addition, fealty also provides increased pressure.

18. arthurF

arthurF Warlord

what is up with boudicca? she is swarming my lands with missionaries, like 4 or 5 at a time. Even managed to convert my holy city!

19. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Check here.
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/guide-religion-for-dummies.569310/

vyyt and pza like this.
  20. pza

pza Prince