Quick Questions / Quick Answers

It's scaled based on your population, as far as I know.
I wasn't quite sure myself as I thought it was just a flat bonus (but things change in VP) However I'm pretty sure that having multiple copies of the luxury has no benefit to happiness. The only advantage is having a resource for trade or to achieve a monopoly

I wasn't quite sure myself as I thought it was just a flat bonus (but things change in VP) However I'm pretty sure that having multiple copies of the luxury has no benefit to happiness. The only advantage is having a resource for trade or to achieve a monopoly
Hmm, I'll see if I can figure this one out as I'm really not sure what is the case here.

\Skodkim

Is there a way to turn off the popups every 25 turns or so that are "this is the list of 10 things best XYZ" ?

Checking on a possible bug. I have an AI only game where Byzantium has copied (aka another civ has these beliefs):

Mendicancy
Divine Inheritance
Cooperation
Faith of the Masses
Veneration
(they also have two pantheons if its relevant)

I know Byz can do some religious copying but that feels like more than Byz should be able to do. Am I just misremembering how much Byz can copy or do we have a bug on our hands?

Checking on a possible bug. I have an AI only game where Byzantium has copied (aka another civ has these beliefs):

Mendicancy
Divine Inheritance
Cooperation
Faith of the Masses
Veneration
(they also have two pantheons if its relevant)

I know Byz can do some religious copying but that feels like more than Byz should be able to do. Am I just misremembering how much Byz can copy or do we have a bug on our hands?
To my understanding there's no limit to them copying religious beliefs. I tend to look at it more that they have the freedom to enact any belief they want, without limitation. (No Celtic of course)

So I've been running AI only battles use IGE....where I remove everything but a submarine unit, hide it in the ice, and then just run the AIs.

The issue seems to be....AI can't become influential over me, and so can never win a CV (as far as I know). Is there a way to do AI games where I can see things but without really including myself in the game?

So I've been running AI only battles use IGE....where I remove everything but a submarine unit, hide it in the ice, and then just run the AIs.

The issue seems to be....AI can't become influential over me, and so can never win a CV (as far as I know). Is there a way to do AI games where I can see things but without really including myself in the game?
Don't do that. You essentially leave an open space for your neighbours to settle.

Use the Firetuner's auto-play feature instead.

She could choose any belief, even it it's in other religions. That's the impression the wording gave me, there's nothing about a limit there.

firetuner is your friend.

G

So I've been using vox populi for a while and it seems like some leader that Ai play are better than other. Dido and Catherine are leaders that AI plays best while Assyria and Attilia are low-performed. Do you guys know any leader that Ai plays well?

So I've been using vox populi for a while and it seems like some leader that Ai play are better than other. Dido and Catherine are leaders that AI plays best while Assyria and Attilia are low-performed. Do you guys know any leader that Ai plays well?
Spain, Morocco, Austria and Korea tend to be heavy hitters in my games. But this can be totally situational sometimes. For instance Tundra starts are usually very hard to deal with.

I suppose Morocco in particular is always on top. I like them in the game for some reason and usually add them. Only in this current game did I see them gobbled up by Spain, making Spain even more powerful. Also, I don't know if it's a coincidence but I always seem to spawn right next to Dido. So I'm usually crushing her because none of them stand a chance against my human tactics lol So I rarely get to see her full potential

Last edited:
If I do that though, doesn't that mean the AI is not getting its bonuses? So effectively I have 7 full AIs vs 1 gimped AI?
IIRC once you step out of a civ and become an observer the civ is no longer human. Otherwise popups etc. would block game progress.

If I do that though, doesn't that mean the AI is not getting its bonuses? So effectively I have 7 full AIs vs 1 gimped AI?
The only thing you need to do at start is to give the player an extra Warrior and give all Warriors extra XP via the Firetuner.

This question may be a bit silly but I will ask anyway since it has been bothering me but how do tactical Ai in community patch work? From my playthrough, Ai did some very bad moves.
For example, I declare war against a player who has contested border with me but i merely placed my troops near my city and then Ai sent a bunch of units and i simply used ranged units and shoot them down one by one. It seems like Ai can't realize the difference between offensive and defensive warfare.
In the end, i destroyed more than half of the enemy's army despite Ai possess tech, economic and military superior while not losing a single unit. Is tactical Ai usually this bad?
By the way, I'm using Beta Version - May 24th (5-24)

This question may be a bit silly but I will ask anyway since it has been bothering me but how do tactical Ai in community patch work? From my playthrough, Ai did some very bad moves.
For example, I declare war against a player who has contested border with me but i merely placed my troops near my city and then Ai sent a bunch of units and i simply used ranged units and shoot them down one by one. It seems like Ai can't realize the difference between offensive and defensive warfare.
In the end, i destroyed more than half of the enemy's army despite Ai possess tech, economic and military superior while not losing a single unit. Is tactical Ai usually this bad?
By the way, I'm using Beta Version - May 24th (5-24)
Ok first it must be said how much more intelligent the AI is compared to the Vanilla AI. Now if you are as good as your saying, you need to be playing on deity. Are you? If not, start with that. If you are playing on Diety... Play to completion. Or at least tell me you control 2/3 of the world by Industrial age. Because even then, VP has a way of creating new problems for large Civs. If you are indeed the front runner, you better have the army to back it up because if you're not handling your diplomatic relations, everyone will hate you. Their programed to know that you're winning and start ganging up on you.

The computer will simply never be as intelligent as the human. If you can actually beat VP on deity, well then your damn good at this game. On deity they're going to receive large amounts of XP bonuses and many other bonuses as they advance to each era. So sometimes you may be surprised that the smaller Civs will start putting up a challenge by late game.

Hello everyone, been playing for a while and a huge fan of the project and everything about it.
My first time posting.

My question is: I tried searching the forum and read the basic tutorial (the one pinned was from 08/20/2020, not sure from later patches if this is an outdated guide for unhappiness), but I am having a hard time figuring out the needs of a city.

I am a very very basic Prince player using stock VP with EUI ( I play on Epic speed as well) and understand growth can lead to unhappiness. I know that certain buildings will provide -1 to poverty, boredom, etc. I often find myself with a large amount of unhappiness due to Poverty. I typically have maximum trade routes, every related building I can to reduce it, positive cash flow and a decent amount in the bank. Is there a link or a resource (or a quick answer) that I could read up on to educate myself further on the happiness system?

I am playing the current beta version 5-27.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, been playing for a while and a huge fan of the project and everything about it.
My first time posting.

My question is: I tried searching the forum and read the basic tutorial (the one pinned was from 08/20/2020, not sure from later patches if this is an outdated guide for unhappiness), but I am having a hard time figuring out the needs of a city.

I am a very very basic Prince player using stock VP with EUI ( I play on Epic speed as well) and understand growth can lead to unhappiness. I know that certain buildings will provide -1 to poverty, boredom, etc. I often find myself with a large amount of unhappiness due to Poverty. I typically have maximum trade routes, every related building I can to reduce it, positive cash flow and a decent amount in the bank. Is there a link or a resource (or a quick answer) that I could read up on to educate myself further on the happiness system?

I am playing the current beta version 5-27.
Thanks in advance.
Well the simplest answer to unhappiness is: Public Works, Public Works... And Public Works.

I have attempted that as soon as I have unlocked the technology to do so. But it barely puts a dent. Also typically will choose faith purchased buildings to reduce poverty. For some reason it is the highest detriment and I can manage all other forms with some effort. That being said, I should also mention my cities are not manually managed (as I do not know what I'm doing most of the time).

Top Bottom