Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I have attempted that as soon as I have unlocked the technology to do so. But it barely puts a dent. Also typically will choose faith purchased buildings to reduce poverty. For some reason it is the highest detriment and I can manage all other forms with some effort. That being said, I should also mention my cities are not manually managed (as I do not know what I'm doing most of the time).
Others can help answer your questions as well and don't hesitate to make a thread of your own. I'll briefly mention if your new with this and "not sure what you're doing" You may want to choose the stable release. Granted the betas have a few new features like the new spy system, but the fact is they are still betas and there are potential bugs they are working out.

But I can't stress public works enough. It is a repeatable project so it can eventually do more than just put a dent, it will completely eliminate unhappiness down to zero. Only urbanization can't be eliminated.

Last edited:
I have followed the beta releases and enjoy them immensely. The new spy system is great :) Even though I may not be the best, I still have played thousands of hours and enjoy it even when I'm bumbling along. Thank you, I will copy and paste a new thread.

https://imgur.com/a/B4A0iWA

I'm not sure if this is a bug. In the last few turns, Buddhism (Carthage's religion) has started exerted a lot of pressure in my cities - even cities that are far away from Buddhism-majority cities. Graz, for example, has 40 Buddhism pressure despite being >25 tiles away from a Buddhist city. My first thought was that Dido might have taken the belief that makes spies exert pressure, but I'm seeing this in multiple cities - she can't possible have so many spies. Buddhism is not enhanced. Her reformation belief is Orthodoxy , but just +15/30% does not explain this much pressure. Graz has no trade routes either.

Overseas cities on the other hand have no such pressure. Linz, much closer to Carthage, is facing just 2 pressure.

Bump, does anyone have any thoughts on this? If not, I'll report it as a bug.

Can someone remind me what the first turn that you can generate a GP as Mayan if you push hard enough for mathematics?

Half rant, half genuine question:
Is there any code that causes the AI to pick the same policy trees as the human?
In my current game I'm going Progress and all 3 other AIs I've met so far (Sejong, Ashurbanipal, Oda) also did. In my previous game all players went Authority. It's kinda pissing me off since I know that means I'll have competition for the first policy-specific Wonder.
And while I can't say much about the last game, I definitely were first to grab a Policy in this one (on Emperor!)

Edit: And now I just met... Progress Attila.

Last edited:
is it normal for danish berserks to not be able to heal by fortify after a certain era/event?

Can a vassal win a victory condition still? The culture victory building specifically.

Can a vassal win a victory condition still? The culture victory building specifically.
They can, but unless you get the latest hotfix nobody can win.

Is there any code that causes the AI to pick the same policy trees as the human?
In my current game I'm going Progress and all 3 other AIs I've met so far (Sejong, Ashurbanipal, Oda) also did. In my previous game all players went Authority. It's kinda pissing me off since I know that means I'll have competition for the first policy-specific Wonder.
And while I can't say much about the last game, I definitely were first to grab a Policy in this one (on Emperor!)

It depends on difficulty. On Deity the AI always makes what it evaluates as the best choice. On lower difficulties it chooses between it's best two options randomnly.

It depends on difficulty. On Deity the AI always makes what it evaluates as the best choice. On lower difficulties it chooses between it's best two options randomnly.
3, actually, for very low difficulties. I think it's still weighted on the choices' scores, or it would be purely random or resulting in mixed trees.

The rule is that you can't select a prophet as your free GP until you've founded a religion. So the goal becomes to found prior to one of the calendar cycle years so that you can enhance ASAP. The early free great person turns on standard speed are turns 62, 72, 86, and 101. So ideally you hit mathematics by turn 60 if at all possible (can be difficult to do, and note that learning mathematics on t61 won't give you the free GP on t62 for some reason, you have to learn it on t60) and then you found your religion before t86 if possible (also difficult sometimes).

Usually you want to use the t62 and t72 great people for an engineer for a free wonder and a scientist because an academy is probably the most impactful early improvement.

I happen to be playing the Maya right now so it's all fresh in my mind.

Scoured my history for this one lol. But I remember this conversation. Sorry I didn't exactly know how to work that reply right. But that was a conversation from two years ago.

I was trying to remember exactly WHY this is, and this user didn't elaborate. But I remember a similar situation when I played even though it was an Epic game. I eventually just gave up on trying to hit one that early. You'll get them all eventually though haha

Last edited:
So I got mathematics on Turn 61, and no GP on turn 62. Is that a bug or do I need mathematics even earlier for some reason?

I did get the one on Turn 72
I think you need to reach on turn 60 due to how to stacking works. Not sure if that should be a bug or not.

3, actually, for very low difficulties. I think it's still weighted on the choices' scores, or it would be purely random or resulting in mixed trees.

The AI gives a score to each policy option. There is some consideration of what other players have already chosen in coming up with this score, IIRC. Then it picks between the top 1-3 scores randomly, depending on difficulty level.

The AI gives a score to each policy option. There is some consideration of what other players have already chosen in coming up with this score, IIRC. Then it picks between the top 1-3 scores randomly, depending on difficulty level.

Right, but is the "considering of other players" a negative factor? After all, each is competing for the Wonder related to the policy branch.
That game was on Emperor so I assume all AIs picked their what they deemed best rather than randomly, and it's kinda baffling to me... The map generated a fair amount of land but AIs weren't exactly going wide anyway, and going Progress on Sejong/Attila/Ashurbanipal is honestly borderline heresy!

I am playing version from December because new vers do not allow me to build cities -_- (no "found a city" button) and everything is fine except for one thing - AI settles THOUSANDS of miles away from their capital. It makes me mad because game on deity are non-challenge like. I can just pick lonely city one by one and destroy AI. Is there something I can do, change in the core files to make AI build consistent empire?

Top Bottom