1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Rowger

Rowger Warlord

Is there a building that boosts GA rate? I see Amphitheaters boosting GW and Opera Houses GM but thats it.

2. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Museums. IDK why its so late compared to the others

Rowger likes this.
  3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Because it is the 'artist' building.

G

4. Rowger

Rowger Warlord

Maybe they could come in a earlier tech like guilds/printing press/architecture? The other two buildings come around the time you are starting to generate their respective great people.

5. Gazebo

They being...?

6. Rowger

Rowger Warlord

Museums.

7. Gazebo

Wouldn't make sense any earlier, and Archaeology needs the building. I think it is fine as-is.

G

8. Rowger

Rowger Warlord

upload_2017-8-22_1-3-51.png

Raging barbarians gets pretty ridiculous when it comes to naval units...

Maddiekins and vyyt like this.
  9. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

If I take the new Goddess of Beauty that gives the capital Great Artist and Engineer Points, get a religion and then spread that religion to other civs, will enemy capitals gain the bonus GPP too?

10. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Bonus for capital works for foreign followers. Bonus for holy city just for the founder.

11. intelli

intelli Warlord

Does Global Peace Accords work retrospectively? Because after I voted it through half the world decared war on me for taking three cities 3000 years ago.

12. ArchangelOfDoom

ArchangelOfDoom Chieftain

Is there a way to extract Monopolies and Corporations into a standalone mod?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm fine with the Community Patch, but don't want the Balance Patch/Overhaul other than Monopolies and Corps

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  13. cammcken

cammcken Warlord

Hey guys, just to make sure everyone's on the same page, remember there are two types of blockade in this game. One type involves trade routes, which triggers the little icon, prevents the city connection bonus, and causes Isolation unhappiness; this happens when all trade connections are broken. The other type is relevant to combat; that is caused by blocking every tile surrounding the city. For sea tiles, the mechanics of "blocking" work the same for both types: true naval units (not embarked) can block several tiles at once, cutting off lighthouse connections and preventing citizens from working (fishing/trading). Embarked units I think block only the tile they occupy.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Rowger likes this.
  14. Rowger

Rowger Warlord

How is the barbarian tech level calculated exactly? Is it based on the science or the military of the civs?

Also, I finished the Imperialism branch but cant build the Pentagon for some reason. Those 1000+ upgrade costs are really crippling me...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  15. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Barbarians use median technology (when half the civs know something, they do too).

Wonders have requirements, check them in the building description, but usually you need a number of policies.

vyyt and Rowger like this.
  16. a1nosweat

a1nosweat Warlord

So, after a win (king) with Carthage - I decide to go on a spree, and I load up ynaemp.

Works a treat, so I send my great admiral over to explore the new world. Of course, as my rampage continues, everybody starts to hate me.

Did my admiral do a bad thing in exploring? would civs I've never met hate me for taking every coastal city across Europe and africa?

17. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

Haven't played the mod since about a year ago.

Started a game last night on Prince (as usual) with Poland, continents, standard speed. Normal barbarians (not raging)

Got WRECKED by barbs, is that ok now? i must have had like 4 or 5 camps around me, it was ridiculous.

Cheers

18. cammcken

cammcken Warlord

While analyzing trade route gold, why do some resources add 1.5 gold and others add 3 gold? (Playing Carthage, so for a normal civ it would be 0.5 and 1.0). It seems as though the resources my city controls are worth more, but the pattern doesn't hold for strategic resources. Possibly...

Question: are monopoly resource worth double while calculating resource diversity for trade routes?

(I need all the details you have! Trying to decide whether to put the Great Cothon in this city, with iron, ivory, amber, brazil-wood, and eventually pearls (5), or another with brazilwood, sugar, ivory, (3) and the Colossus)

Edited for clarity.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  19. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Yes, that's how it works now. Barbarians camps are allowed to spam closer, so there's more of them, and they usually spam another unit when attacked, so it's difficult to take on them just with your first warrior. Only that now your first unit is a pathfinder (scout type).

This slows down the early game and forces human players to produce some military units and gain experience so the first AI attack doesn't take us unprepared.

There are a lot of new changes, I suggest you to lower difficulty one more level for the first run.

20. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

The whole point of this building it is to increase your GPT. It gives you bonus gold from trade routes and additional resources. But "additional resources"=GPT because you sell them. Time to do some maths, the answer is quite obvious;D