Quot Capita

It may have been mentioned in this thread somewhere, but I have failed to see it...NO music while in game play.
While I'm playing there is no music? I have been through a few era's in my latest game waiting to hear music in the back ground but I don't? ALL other music and sounds are present, i.e., when the Leaderheads pop up I hear their civilization theme music, or if an event happens I hear the normal sound, and all the battle sounds can be heard, etc..., but there is no music in the back ground. Just wondering if this was done on purpose, if anybody else noticed this, or if there is a way to get the music back?
Some may enjoy the silence, but I kind of miss it. :(

Is the music of the your game off Hector? Or is it just this mod? That is unusual and sounds like an issue to me. Maybe I can help.

I'm assuming it is just this Mod, "Quot Capita." When I play LoR, RoM, or Thomas' War I always hear the music in the back ground while in gameply. Of course the music changes according to the era, but there is something playing in the background at all times.

W/ Quot Capita, I only get music when the leaderheads pop up, or while I'm in the process of loading the Mod form the main menu. Nothing during the game?

It's not a deal breaker, because I do really enjoy this Mod. I was just curious if anybody else was having the same issue.

While playing this Mod do you have music playing in the background?

I think it is in the options under Audio. There are slidebars for sound also a checkbox where it is possible to disable the music without lowering the volume, or enable it.

Pressing M also can disable your music btw, or enable it.

Hmm, I looked in options/audio and I did not see a checkbox anywhere, and my sliders are good? Strange. Maybe I hit the M key by mistake, and disabled the music. When I get home I'll try that.

I did a thread search and did not find the answer to my "Mastery Victory" question...how does it work??
I know it adds up ALL the other victory conditions, I can see that on the screen, but when do you win? Does it take the total of all victory conditions at the END of the game (2050 AD) and declare a victor then? Or do you have to be a certain percentage ahead of the next closest leader before the AI declares you the winner (this could happen at anytime during the game?)
I thought I read in this Mod thread somewhere while reasearching my question that if you enable the Mastery Victory option, it negates all or some of the other victory strategies?
Just trying to get a full understanding of this Mod, it is very well put together.

I think what your talking about is the victory condition that requires all others to acceive. It doesn't eliminate the others, rather you have to acceive them all in order to gain a mastery victory.
Sword of Geddon, thankyou. I have been wondering about that myself.

Off topic. Posts: 11,167 Wow. :eek: That's an impressive number of posts.

Hello

I've been playing Quot Capita for a few months now and I love it. I've made some personal modifications, though, mainly superficial things like changes to the art and unitinfo xml files. So far, so good. No problems. However, I'm now late into a marathon game (just finished the tech tree) and the game is inexplicably crashing in between turns. I went back in time a few turns to see if it would go away but it crashes in the same spot. Now, I don't expect anyone to be able to know why, and it's impossible for anyone to reproduce the problem without reproducing my modifications, but is there something I can do to figure it out on my own? The game creates a dump file - is there any way for me (or anyone) to decipher it to figure out the problem? Thanks

I remember having problems a while ago where certain combinations of modular options would cause the game to crash. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, do you think it might be the cause of the problem? Might combining the options I use into one, non-modular mod for my own purposes help?

I've made some personal modifications, though, mainly superficial things like changes to the art and unitinfo xml files. So far, so good. No problems. However, I'm now late into a marathon game (just finished the tech tree) and the game is inexplicably crashing in between turns. I went back in time a few turns to see if it would go away but it crashes in the same spot. Now, I don't expect anyone to be able to know why, and it's impossible for anyone to reproduce the problem without reproducing my modifications, but is there something I can do to figure it out on my own? The game creates a dump file - is there any way for me (or anyone) to decipher it to figure out the problem? Thanks

Usually a crash indicates that some definition that is referenced does not actually exist. Most likely unit art (at least that is where I usually screw up), it could also be building art however.

When you crash between turns this means that one of the players just built that unit / building for the first time, so the missing art is 'discovered' and causes the crash.

What I usually do to narrow it down is create all units of the active civs in worldbuilder. If the art is not defined it will crash there too and you will know what unit caused it.

If you want to first identify which civ to look into, load a savegame, go to worldbuilder, destroy all cities of a few civs and see if the crash still happens. If you still crash the civ was not deleted, if it no longer happens, it was one of the deleted ones, after a few trials like that you should have narrowed it down to one civ.

I remember having problems a while ago where certain combinations of modular options would cause the game to crash. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, do you think it might be the cause of the problem? Might combining the options I use into one, non-modular mod for my own purposes help?

I don't think modular loading has anything to do with it, so far all my problems could be traced to actual problems in the xml, modular or non-modular had nothing to do with it.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. When this happened once earlier, much earlier on in a game, it was the first time another civ built an archer. I'll try that. Appreciate the help!

[edit: it worked! You just saved a game I've been playing for weeks. I'd buy you a drink if I could!]

Top Bottom