Quot Capita

Avain, I've been using the Better AI mod v1.01 for a while, with Mastery Victory, and not heard any complaints about AI problems (actually, I'm getting complaints that my AI is too tough... ;) ), so I suspect that it works fine. For instance, when the space ship launches, and the AI can't build parts anymore with Mastery Victory, I think it will abandon the Space Victory plan and try other alternatives. With the Diplomatic Victory, we may need to do something minor there, since the AI will keep trying to get elected Secretary General, but can't; which may cause the AI to occasionally waste time doing that. Fortunately, the AI rarely tries for Diplomacy Victories.

Thanks!
Been eyeing for your adv. diplomacy mod for some time now, I guess I'll have to include it at some point because I like it very much :goodjob:

Regarding the art crashes, when I installed QC I was aiming for as crash-free play as I could get. So I installed neither of the Leaderhead packs, nor VD civs. Then, when starting my game, I chosed only Vanilla/BTS leaders, lest random chosed a leader I didn't have art for.

And I had no crashes or MAFs at all. Now, was I too paranoid? Could I have just randomized leaders without having installed the LHs ? I'm a bit curious as to this.

Is the stone age content optional? I notice that the installer doesn't have an option but I thought I could start in Ancient Age (custom game) and skip it all. Didn't work, still starts in Prehistoric Age.

EDIT: Never mind, I found my answer. Thanks.

Guys, now it's confirmed by me, that unfortunately the default installation option is corrupt. You should either install both LH packs or none. Sorry for the inconveniences caused, I'll correct the installer for the next version...

I thought I'd drop my two cents about the new version of QC including the Stone Age :)

I regularly play other mods with Stone Age content, so I was pleased with the addition. I like the idea of the mythical monsters and the hunting.

I play on Noble, Normal Speed, on a large map, using Perfect World 2 for QC. I built Lascaux, and then I built every other Stone Age improvement there was -- which I had plenty of time for, even teching every tech, just to see if I could. Between getting culture for slaying monsters and the pretty massive culture boost from Lascaux, I was already at Influential culture rating by the time I got to Sedentary Lifestyle. I was playing OCC, so maybe I'll have a different experience in a normal game, but I felt like the Stone Age portion at least was much easier than the Ancient Age start-up I usually play in QC on Noble. For this reason I think Lascaux is strong enough as it is already. 'Obsolete' wonders and buildings continue to produce culture, right? And culture from buildings doubles every so many years, right? I thought that was one of the reasons that early wonders were a great boost. I apologize if I'm completely wrong.

I got to Influential culture in my first city because I got a Great Artist as my first GP, then culture bombed him in my first city, in attempt to get resources (as I was playing OCC).

I really like the idea of the Stone Age part of QC, but I really did find the Stone Age start much easier than what I'm used to. I'm going to start a regular game now to see if its a similar experience. Maybe I was just really lucky in hunting and monster slaying. I know the extra population helped me build improvements, which helped me research, which helped me build more improvements. Which also helped me have more culture and expand my borders more quickly.

I see that Triremes were moved to a new technology called "Naval Warfare".

However, when you mouse over Metal Casting to read it's description it still says "Can build Triremes." That part needs to be removed.

What the heck is going on? Is that a bug with BUG?:lol: Or did I do something wrong?
By the way, I finally got QC to work. I had to wipe all traces of CIV 4 from my computer and do a complete reinstall.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• whattheheck.jpg
    whattheheck.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 333
What the heck is going on? Is that a bug with BUG?:lol: Or did I do something wrong?
By the way, I finally got QC to work. I had to wipe all traces of CIV 4 from my computer and do a complete reinstall.
Spoiler :
I had this problem with Rise of Mankind. I'd recommend redownloading QC and reinstalling it. :)

When on win6.x, you need to run Civ4 as Admin, otherwise the application can't write to any subfolders of the program files directory.

He meant Vista, 7, etc :).

Ugh, this is annoying me, I've never had this problem before. For some strange reason, Quot Capita loves to randomly CTD on me. I've played two games and in both of them, I get a CTD. The strangest thing is that they happen at different times. In one game, around turn 905, the game decides to go kaput, and I can't go on from there. In another game (mind you, this was after a reinstall with both VD packs), the game decides to crash around 1000 B.C. I know these aren't MAF's, since 1) I didn't get the pop-up and 2) I just upgraded my RAM, so memory shouldn't be a problem.

What could be possibly wrong? Should I just try a game with no VD packs or what?

I've suddenly started having the same problem. My first game with QC was fine, but I just reinstalled to remove the Sci Fi option, started a new game, and it crashes as soon as I meet the Americans. It's not even done the animation of the unit moving towards my warrior. I only have the first VD pack installed and now I'm thinking of reinstalling without it. There were no Americans in my last game, although I did encounter Hitler, so I thought the VD pack was ok, but maybe it's specific to the Americans, or just a coincidence?

I'm running under Windows 7, but have installed outside of Program Files because I know all to well the issues with the UAC ;)

I wonder if I need to reinstall Civ 4 and BTS completely... Thoughts anyone?

Guys, now it's confirmed by me, that unfortunately the default installation option is corrupt. You should either install both LH packs or none. Sorry for the inconveniences caused, I'll correct the installer for the next version...

If you only installed one LH pack, that must the problem, see quote above (above on this page, actually).

So, I guess I was just lucky on my first play-through? Joecoolyo said he installed both packs though...

Anyway, I've uninstalled QC for the moment to make sure I can run BTS ok. Once I'm sure everything is ok, I'll reinstall with no LH (VD pack) or both.

Thanks for the help.

has sense for me, i crashed with ihtar gate, and, probably, whenever i met an "unusual" civ.
To be honest i play great with Thomas war mod, and i had a crash with Overlord mod.

The mods i prefere make me crash :|

Hi guys!
I also tried out the new QC, and have no CTD problems at all. Installed both leader packs, I recommend this to all of you.
Altough I did have a few python exceptions on game start, but nothing really gamebreaking

Avain, some minor issues I found in the first few turns of my first game:

• The gorillas' blood effects spalshes all over the screen - All other animals and mythological creatures seems to work correctly
  • Lascaux paints - every wonder doubles it's culture after 1000 years, this means 1 turn in stone age. I would change it's base culture to 4, thus it would give the original 8 from the second turn
  • In the city screen, no shrimp, tea or bison icon shows up for me - this may be because of the python errors
  • Lubmermill doesn't add the prime timber resource, just the lumberyard. Basic ships have production bonus with prime timber, and lumberyard is only for stone age, so this doesn't really make sense...
  • All the stone age techs seems to miss the txt_key_strategy from the xml files
  • I played with the Hungary add-on pack (of course ;) ), and the starting techs are from the ancient age, not from the stone age. This can be a huge advantage. Thinking of this, it will be really hard to have a single installer for extra civs for VD and QC anymore :S

I had this problem with Rise of Mankind. I'd recommend redownloading QC and reinstalling it. :)
I uninstalled QC, redownloaded and reinstalled QC. Still Getting the "BUG options-failed writing ini file" error messages at game startup. Any suggestions?

I uninstalled QC, redownloaded and reinstalled QC. Still Getting the "BUG options-failed writing ini file" error messages at game startup. Any suggestions?

Actually, what you were supposed to do (since you are using either Vista or 7, I forgot) was to either do these things: Turn off your UAC or Run as Administrator your game.

The promotion "Urban Tactics III" doesn't have a pre-requisite. I literally just got gunpowder and my brand new musketmen can take that promotion (but not Urban Tactics I or II).

Actually, what you were supposed to do (since you are using either Vista or 7, I forgot) was to either do these things: Turn off your UAC or Run as Administrator your game.
I use Vista. I have turned off UAC. The game is all good now. How do I Run as Administrator? Is it something I can do for all programs?

Top Bottom