1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

R.E.D. modpack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Gedemon, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

Just tried your Mod on the GOTY version works great in my Save game. It looks a lot better and feels more like whole armies on the map now. Also makes more sense since they can`t stack.

Cheers.

p.s. just discovered a command in the Documents\Civ5 section where I can adjust the zoom so I can still look close at the smaller units. great!

You guys probably already knew about this, but whatever.

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

I've changed completely the way I initialize new units graphics in the database, and have changed all the mod file structure, so are there volunteers to test a beta version ? :D

Preferably people that can use the firetuner or IGE to test quickly all units of a civilizations...

3. 4sterisk

4sterisk Chieftain

Nutty's Single Unit graphics thread refers to this mod if you have the latest (...705) update installed for Single Unit graphics.
    I went through the whole thread and couldn't find anything useful.
    Does this (RED) mod allow for single unit graphics?
    If yes, little instruction on how to turn it on would be very appreciated.
    If no, why Nutty refers to this mod then?...

4. Nutty

Nutty Deity

No, R.E.D. doesn't support SUG. I'm holding off on releasing S.U.G. until the new version of R.E.D. is released (very soon now).

Why do I refer to this mod? Because it's great! ;)

Single Unit Graphics became a standalone addon to Ethnic Diversity, which sort of took over for this mod for a while until the pre-G+K patches came out, which broke all 3 of the mods. At this point Gedemon took back the reins of R.E.D., and E.D.'s mission became defunct... which is why you were circuitously directed here. Capisce?

5. 4sterisk

4sterisk Chieftain

^ To me it doesn't make sense to divert people who are looking at SUG thread to some other thread that doesn't have anything to do with SUG.

I'd love me some ED with SUG on GnK though...

6. Gedemon

v.16 uploaded, grab it from CFC file database !

Here's the changelog:

v.16 (Sep 15, 2012):
    - update bernie14's Egyptian rifleman
    - add too many ethnic units to be listed (200+)... Thanks to Danrell, Bernie14, Patum333, JTitan.

edit: should be compatible with savegame from v.15 but not earlier (v.13, v.14) version.

And yeah, sorry, no detailed list this time, but really, the number of ethnic units as almost doubled between v.15 and v.16. Thanks again all unit makers for civ5 and civ4 (as most of them are conversion)

And the core code and file organization has been completely rewritten, so if you found any invisible units, please report them.

The problem with some archers is probably not fixed, report them too, I may write an add-on to restore original graphics of those for people having this issue.

7. Nutty

Nutty Deity

8. Gedemon

Another note, if you're using the Xtrem version posted a few post ago, you'll have to re-install it after updating R.E.D. Modpack, it must always be installed after it so that the formation are correctly updated.

The "references" settings of modbuddy works fine for database updating (correct order is used), but for file overriding, it seems that it's always the latest installed file that is used, whatever "reference" setting you use. And the formations are not in the database but in a separate file that require overriding.

That's the only thing keeping me from releasing it "officially"...

9. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

:woohoo: thanxo mucho for the update! :)

10. Megalamon121

Megalamon121 The Eternally Unknowing

Yeah, I'm having the issue with the disappearing archers too. All I've seen so far is the Japanese. Also having an issue with flanking: it isn't functioning. I'm sure it's connected to VEM (which I use alot). Any ideas?

11. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

Thankyou very much indeed for posting it here, not just on Steam as it gives me a lot of hassle. :) You`re a great modder.:)

12. 4sterisk

4sterisk Chieftain

13. Gedemon

Nutty was waiting my update to work on Single Unit Graphics AFAIK.

14. RPG

RPG King

I'm having trouble installing the mod. I unzipped it but there's a collection of folders. Shouldn't they all be in a folder called RED? And shouldn't the art files be in there as well? Or do I have to download those separately?

Any help would be appreciated.

15. Gedemon

you'll have to create the folder named R.E.D. Modpack if I remember correctly the archive structure (can't check, I'm at work...) and copy all the files/folders you have extracted in it.

16. Kgorr

Kgorr Chieftain

Just wanted to say i'm enjoying the mod! Thank you.

17. RPG

RPG King

Thank you. I'll give it a try when I get home from work.

18. skodkim

skodkim Deity

I created a directory called "R.E.D. Modpack (v 16)" and unpacked all the files in there. It works.

\Skodkim

19. Nutty

Nutty Deity

Gedemon doesn't make the units. Talk to danrell. They come from here.

However, looking at them, the horseman unit models don't appear to have crested helmets. The knight does has a plume...

...And it doesn't look like Gedemon screwed up the SQL, but I can't check in-game at the moment.

EDIT:
    The directory structure doesn't matter. You can name it whatever you want, you can even put it in a subfolder. The game will find the .modinfo file.

20. skodkim

skodkim Deity

I know but since the topic came up...

\Skodkim