1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

R.E.D. modpack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Gedemon, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

It means that the mod's maker THINK you could be able to enable/disable it in the middle of a game and continue without issue. But the mod's maker can be wrong (rarely, but it happens :D)

Here I think there won't be any problems, but I always suggest to be safe and try it on a duplicated save first.

The problem with loading save is that previous version of R.E.D. (v14, 13, etc..) were not flagged like that and thus can't be loaded with v.15 (and following versions)

Yes, it should not cause issues, but as said, better to do a double save of your current game, so that you can go back from it if needed.

2. Gedemon

It's already done for all animal resource in the beta version posted a few post back :D

do you there are other landmarks that will need to be rescaled ?

3. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

seems like Nutty's also rescales fallout, the barbarian camps and ALL resources. not sure what else would need tweaking :)

4. Gedemon

Well, I would tweak those that would look giant next to a human figure. Are the mine so big for example ? or the barbarian camp ?

5. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I think it's more for consistency than a real need for it :)

6. Nutty

Nutty Deity

The barbarian camp is actually reset back to 1.0 (i.e., that's the only "resource" that's not resized--it looks really weird otherwise). Yes, the other changes to the non-animal resources are for consistency, but also to diminish Gedemon's "feature" mentioned wherein your units are mostly hidden, e.g., in the wheatfields. I also kind of like the fact that, as a bonus, the resources are a bit more discrete, i.e., not running to the edges of the hexes and overlapping with the foliage of the next hex.

It used to have a lot of manual tweaking in it, but the post-G+K version of Smaller Landmarks is only 3 lines, but should only be 1:
    Spoiler code :
    Code:
    UPDATE 'ArtDefine_Landmarks' SET Scale = Scale * 0.75 WHERE (ResourceType LIKE 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_%' OR ResourceType = 'ART_DEF_FEATURE_FALLOUT') AND NOT (ImprovementType = 'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_BARBARIAN_CAMP');

7. PAVLOS_GR300

PAVLOS_GR300 Greek

i how much time the new version will be out

8. Gedemon

When I'll have repaired all the damage done by patch .674 to R.E.D. WWII Edition I'll update this one. A shame Firaxis had never answered to Thalassicus, Spatzimaus or me on the subject, it could have saved 2 months of mod's developments for me :/

9. JTitan

JTitan Warlord

Ouch! :backstab:

10. PAVLOS_GR300

PAVLOS_GR300 Greek

firaxis used to be modder friendly, it sounds very strange they did such a thing

11. Gedemon

I suppose/hope that all their human resources are working on their next title and that we'll get news after it's released.

12. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

Will be looking to download this as the game is on ordered. Good thing Steam hasn`t completely ruined modding.

13. pawel0482

pawel0482 Chieftain

When will be new version of the mod?

14. cleaner

cleaner Warlord

Hello Gedemon,
    I noticed in my current game that the Russian Chariot Archers don't seem to have any combat animations. Could this be caused by your mod? I remember before G&K, resp. the latest patch those units didn't have any animations, but Firaxis fixed it.

15. Gedemon

*soon*

Meaning counts in days, not weeks.

Are you using Thal's VEM/GEM/CivUP mods ?

16. cleaner

cleaner Warlord

Yeah, I do. the GEM and CivUP, both in their latest version.

17. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

that's caused by civup I think, it adds mounted archers unitclass which can't have combat animations due to modding tools being limited.

18. PAVLOS_GR300

PAVLOS_GR300 Greek

i dont know if its something u can but pls fix the greek composite bowman(when guarded the arrow flies out of the body)

19. Gedemon

yes, it's something I can do :D

20. cleaner

cleaner Warlord

I see. That kinda sucks. I was thrilled when I saw they finally had animations... :c5unhappy: