[R&F] R&F Cultural Styles Preview in Asset Editor?

I dunno, I could see them doing something like speaking English or Anglo-Norman the majority of the time and switching to Gaelic when declaring war, a bit like what Catherine does with Italian.

ETA: or they could just speak Scots, I guess?

The odds of a post 12th century Scottish king addressing an embassy in Gaelic are nil.

I feel it's enough so long as the leader actually spoke the language in question (which is never guaranteed in this series...). Civ VI's leader screens are hardly accurate depictions of diplomatic meetings, so I don't think they need to be too pedantic language-wise.

Personally I'm just happy for the possibility that we're getting Atomic Era bagpipes into the soundtrack.

Remind you all, Indonesia is also a BLOB civ. They should've gone with Javanese empire but instead create a non-existent "Indonesian Empire" with Balinese-looking Javanese queen and Malay improvement. Even more blob than Civ V, where at least all uniques are Javanese.

India also blob, so does Arabia haha.

Anyway, if wikipedia.com are to be believed, in its entry for Braveheart film, the "braveheart" is referred to Robert, not to William Wallace

I dunno, I could see them doing something like speaking English or Anglo-Norman the majority of the time and switching to Gaelic when declaring war, a bit like what Catherine does with Italian.

ETA: or they could just speak Scots, I guess?
My bet is primarily modern Gaelic, with maybe a line or two in Scottish English or Scots. Gaelic with Anglo-Norman seems unfeasible in terms of finding somebody who can speak both and fits the character within a tight time schedule. Gaelic with modern French is more possible but unlikely. Middle Irish/medieval Gaelic is feasible but probably won't happen.

Looks like the Scottish palace is also shared with Brussels
livestream coréia.png

I welcome this. Even I did absolutely horribly in my prediction outside of Korea, Mongols and Georgia, I can definitely get with Mapuche, Zulu, and Scots (Celts?).

I'm guessing Zulu would definitely get a unique Encampment, but the UD and UI can go either way for the others. I'm leaning towards a unique Commercial district for Mapuche and some faith/culture UI for the Scots.

As I recall, we know that there is only one UD left and two UIs, so Scotland and Mapuche will definitely be getting UIs if the Zulu are indeed to get a UD.

I feel it's enough so long as the leader actually spoke the language in question (which is never guaranteed in this series...). Civ VI's leader screens are hardly accurate depictions of diplomatic meetings, so I don't think they need to be too pedantic language-wise.

Gilgamesh speaks Akkadian. Cleopatra speaks Middle Egyptian. Gandhi and Cathérine have lines in English and Italian. There's no reason to assume William Wallace/Robert the Bruce wouldn't speak Gaelic or English.

As I recall, we know that there is only one UD left and two UIs, so Scotland and Mapuche will definitely be getting UIs if the Zulu are indeed to get a UD.

Even better. Zulu get the Ikanda district, Mapuche get the Chemamull UI, and the Scots get a Broch/Dun UI. Nice and clean.

I think thats still the dutch one. It also makes more sense. And it was already seen in another stream/video with the dutch one, I think.

Just want to state again that even though the Zulu's are hinted at by some of the wording and the related leak on the Chinese forum, that none of the structures look even remotely Zulu. If they do include them I hope they create new and unique palace and monument art.

Remind you all, Indonesia is also a BLOB civ. They should've gone with Javanese empire but instead create a non-existent "Indonesian Empire" with Balinese-looking Javanese queen and Malay improvement. Even more blob than Civ V, where at least all uniques are Javanese.

India also blob, so does Arabia haha.

India and Indonesia generally represent a single continuous culture in that region. In-game Indonesia represents the Majapahit Empire. The city list is completely anachronistic and in Civ VI the capital isn't even a real city (the actual Majapahit capital Trowulan isn't even on the city list in Civ VI), as well as including cities named for islands like Ternate. Gitarja is portrayed in costume similar to the Balinese because she was Hindu - she was a Javanese leader. Kampungs may be anachronistic but I don't know whether anyone knows - they were in evidence by the time Europeans documented them but I don't know whether they're mentioned in older Javanese records. The jong is actually a real thing unlike Civ V's "Kris Swordsman".

India in Civ VI portrays mostly native regional characters and uniques - the Mughal architecture is thoroughly anachronistic for the specific leaders chosen but even though the Mughals started as outsiders their architecture is still Indian so even that isn't really a stretch.

Arabia represents a coherent and mostly contemporary culture, even though it represents a number of individual political territories - it's a similar case to the Greeks.

I honestly don't see why people want unique art for so many different civs. I admit I never notice. Even though I do run the game at full graphics, I never have the game zoomed in, except on rare occasions. I like to have a large overview of the world. I admit I miss a lot of the small art details of the game.

Woo, I actually will stop a ship at a foreign city for a few turns, if I happen to be passing by, just so I can appreciate the art. Lil' port of call visit. Plus its 'showing the colors.'

It’s great for immersion. Sometimes, you have to stop and smell the roses. :)

*Aarrgh* Stupid Santa Claus hats are still here!

Santa Claus? I thought those were Mongolian caps.

@pokiehl Actually I'd really love it if cities retained their cultural appearance when captured. Or maybe appearance could spread like religion does.

Top Bottom