1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Little Questions

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Corlis, Sep 11, 2008.

1. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

:lol: I think that's a little much. :lol:

I still prefer to think that time travel is possible, but only for The One, who unlike his creations is omnipotent. I considered adding a Luonnatar-only world spell that involved time travel, (like, returning one section of the world to how it was in an earlier autosave while leaving other parts current), but then decided it was way beyond my coding skill and probably not worth it.

2. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

:eek:
    Ye gods... well, remind me never to underestimate your ambition... although I'd be even more scared if you'd actually done it.

3. Atnanor

Atnanor +2 Beer Affinity

The one can do anything, duh! He can change the matrix! Break the rules!

4. Corlis

Corlis Chieftain

It's not thread necromancy if it's still on the first page, right? ;)

Anyhow, a question about the Aifons: There are a couple of descriptions about their annihilation that I've seen. In the description of the Leviathan it says that Trenton Majosi decided not to cast the spell that would bring Danalin into creation because it would restart the Godswar, and so he just waited around on the Aifon Isle until the the end came. Somewhere else though, maybe on these boards, it was said that he got halfway into casting the spell when he realized that the spell itself was the thing that was destroying his people, since it was fuelled by the lives of those who worshipped Danalin. Is there a canon answer for which version is true, or is the first answer just the guess of people who came after and found the island deserted and the ritual remaining?

5. MagisterCultuum

No one knows what was destroying his people, not even the gods (well, at least not Danalin).

I believe the idea that the spell itself was to blame was speculation by Xienwolf.

6. Ksi

Ksi Chieftain

Wait... which God is chained under the Sheim capital?!

7. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

Nemed is trapped under Os-Gabellas palace.

8. MagisterCultuum

Nemed isn't a god anymore though. He is just a normal man. Well, as normal as you'd expect a man completely incapable of dieing or even being permanently injured despite being tortured for ages by a fellow immortal in a vain attempt to find a means of suicide to be.

9. orangelex44

orangelex44 Partisan

It'd be cool if Nemed was released when the Sheiam were destroyed as a powerful Crazed Hero, or something.

10. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I second this idea ;)

11. Kael

Kael Chieftain

:lol: :lol:

12. mahazel

mahazel Chieftain

Is Godslayer power working only in Creation? If not, could some hero with Godslayer just go to Hell (there is a portal in Barduk the Burning) and kill Agares?

13. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Chieftain

Yeah- well the Godslayer doesn't work though does it? It didn't kill Mucarn so why would it work now? :);)

14. Corlis

Corlis Chieftain

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. The Godslayer is an expression of the gods' agreement that none of them should enter creation, and the fact that it can kill a god is because every god agreed to forfeit his life if he did so. As such it wouldn't be able to kill Agares because he hasn't broken the compact.

15. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Oh, it killed him just fine. But apparently killing a god is like deleting a file. Lots of left overs. In this case, those leftovers are named Auric.
    Seriously, somebody needs to install a wipe function on that sword before they go for Mulcarn again.

16. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Chieftain

Hahahaha-- then why bother? Isn't it just like not dealing with climate change? you're simply making problems for your grandchildren!

Perhaps Klyorin (*cough*Decius*cough*) will do a better job this time round? :)

17. orangelex44

orangelex44 Partisan

I really don't think that Decius and Kylorin are one and the same; I haven't really seen anything that indicates Decius has a strong magical ability, and whatever else has happened to Kylorin since his Age of Ice escapade I doubt he's completely forsaken magic.

18. Tyrs

Tyrs Chieftain

Plus Kylorin re-falling would just be the most depressing thing ever. I mean every story has to have SOME good things