Random Rantii VIII: When will Latin DIE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bad thread title.

Also, my allergies are killing me. Ugh, this cough is annoying as hell. And my throat hurts.

Hey if people are that offended by it then someone can make a new one. It's a rants thread, the title is an obscure rant, I think its fine but then it is my rant and so might not mean anything to other people.

With any luck, we'll go through this thread as fast as we did the last one, so I say don't bother.

Haha and if everyone double posts ^^ we'll go through it twice as quick :p.

Latin will die when its descendant dialects will go extinct.

in my fantasy league, TWO of my reserves are ATM exactly the SAME points as EIGHT of my starters.

Kol.7, you fail at thread titles. :p [/subscribtion post]

For College Comp, I'm supposed to write about an event that moved me from a more childish to a more adult perspective, and I can't think of even one. That makes me feel sad inside.

I don't really have a strong opinion on gun control but why is it that gun rights advocates always argue that we need guns to protect our freedom? Don't they realize the immense stupidity in their statement? Do they honestly believe that an untrained band of gun-wielding civilians can stand up to an organized and better equipped military? I would like to see how a bunch of guys with shotguns will fare when they're face to face with an Apache helicopter.

I friggin' hate it when people just extend a letter or two while typing normally.

I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about:

"*name edited* is watching the game on a tv....and not in really person, so pissseddddd, but still in BOSTON:) texxxxttt."

It makes you sound incredibly stupid or constipated.

Oh yeah, no remarks on my screenname. My mom made it without telling me.

I have an expos essay and I can't think of what to write. So I'll put the question out here:

What are the advantages and disadvantages of mainstream learning? (Using Harry Potter Why Heather can Write and Reading Lolita in Tehran as examples)

Yeh WTF. I can streach it and write some BS as usual but I thought uni would be different. I was hoping for less BS than IB. But I guess I better get used to it since it seems that uni is just as much about BSing than IB if not more. Joy. I wish I could drop out and just get a job, but it won't be a good job which sux. So I have to put up with 4 years of this, and then a few more years for masters. What bollocks. Bloody bollocks I say.

Writing assignment subjects are dumb, deal with it.

I sympathize with university shooters now. Its this type of stuff that makes people kill. Not videogames.

Well there's one disadvantage of mainstream learning right there.

Well there's one disadvantage of mainstream learning right there.

Oh damn right. Now I just need work Harry Potter and Lolita into the example....hmmm....Voldemort is pedophile school shooter?

Harry Potter: mainstream (in hogwarts, I guess) failed to adequately prepare students for success in life and is subject to government control, allowing politics to enter teaching.

I have an expos essay and I can't think of what to write. So I'll put the question out here:

What are the advantages and disadvantages of mainstream learning? (Using Harry Potter Why Heather can Write and Reading Lolita in Tehran as examples)

Yeh WTF. I can streach it and write some BS as usual but I thought uni would be different. I was hoping for less BS than IB. But I guess I better get used to it since it seems that uni is just as much about BSing than IB if not more. Joy. I wish I could drop out and just get a job, but it won't be a good job which sux. So I have to put up with 4 years of this, and then a few more years for masters. What bollocks. Bloody bollocks I say.

Get a science degree.

I haven't done a single humanities course at university, and the only non-science courses I've done are political science and economics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom