Random Rants ΠΓ': Parental guidance required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm clearly getting old and jaded. Looking over the games on steam sale right now on my wishlist and I'm like "Eh, not feeling anything. I'll see how I feel at Christmas".

The spring and autumn sales are always terrible.

But I've felt similarly. I even unsubbed from Humble Monthly.

I have a subscription to the humble bundle newsletter so I get informs of free games but Outlook keeps sending them to the spam folder. I think it's trying to tell me something.

‘Switch to Thunderbird’?

The spring and autumn sales are always terrible.

But I've felt similarly. I even unsubbed from Humble Monthly.
It's not even cost, except for Greedfall everything is sub $20, most are sub $10. It is more a matter of feeling.
Then again, I spoke too soon. Picket up Rebel Galaxy, Sword of the Stars2, and Divinity: Dragon Commander.

:scan:

Oh, you have an @outlook.com address. Well, that's a different problem.

I have two GMail accounts, two Outlook accounts, and a Yahoo account. I use them all for different things.

My first email was Hotmail. I've long lost it. :(

It's not even cost, except for Greedfall everything is sub $20, most are sub $10. It is more a matter of feeling.
Then again, I spoke too soon. Picket up Rebel Galaxy, Sword of the Stars2, and Divinity: Dragon Commander.

Rebel Galaxy's decent fun. Like a slicker, more narrow Freelancer.

Rant: My mother repeatedly ignores me, [female dog]s at me, and then tells me to shut up. Then she asks me why I'm so quiet. :crazyeye:

Oh, look, Disney+ is developing a sequel to Willow. Another reason not to contract their service.

You mean they're finished with their live-action remakes?

I'd seriously doubt that.

Dude no....

I bought it after doing research, knew what to expect and was still let down. It does not play like the original at all and went full micro-manager.
Ah well, there went $4.
I can consider it a donation to the devs who finally seem to be getting back on their feet with a new release of their roguelike.

Even if you only play it for an hour or two it probably last longer than a $4 coffee or something.

Yeah it's hard to do wrong at $4

Their publisher really screwed them over on SoTS II and pushed them to release a completely (ie not borderline) broken game. They stayed at it for months putting out patches and free content and eventually it became stable. But all of that can't overcome that it was conceived as a very different game from the original and lost a lot of the fun along the way.

To be fair, my computer could barely handle it so that added to the frustration and I've put about an hour into it. It was just so dumb and unfun that I instantly gave up on it.

Their publisher really screwed them over on SoTS II and pushed them to release a completely (ie not borderline) broken game. They stayed at it for months putting out patches and free content and eventually it became stable. But all of that can't overcome that it was conceived as a very different game from the original and lost a lot of the fun along the way.
I spent some time on the dev forums for SotS and the devs definitely let the success of SotS go to their heads. They got AAA ambitions with an indie budget/ dev experience and, predictably, things didn't end well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom