Random Rants 92 - Not Enough Snerk

Status
Not open for further replies.
From site feedback.
Dear everyone,

Thunderfall earlier today got a message from our hosters. It seems they noticed some weird hiccups in the last days, which earlier today culminated in a hack of their systems. CFC was luckily not affected. In their security measures they have re-set all systems, and have rolled in database backups for all sites. Apparently this has worked sufficiently well, but it turns out we got some database corruption. Besides minor glitches, this mainly affects the post count. This database table could not be loaded, and the forum is slowly building up the display, which will, due to the corruption, display 0. This is an ongoing process, therefore this will show no post count for many members right now.
The hosts currently think though that this issue cannot be resolved, since it seems to affect all the backups.
The only backup, which is not affected, is the last one from the old vbulletin installation (October 2016).
So we need to make the decision if we will roll back only the post count to the status of 2016.
In the last few hours since this has happened we have also considered alternative options. The one with most support so far is to keep the post count at 0, but have each deleted post give a -1. In this way we hope to encourage more high quality posting.
Please let us know your opinions.

We are sorry, and we appreciate your understanding.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/temporary-database-corruption.676150/

people , people , as nobody gives feedback to the site , the latest topic by a moderator always is at the top and read it as well and am at 8500 something ... because also checked there too , before the first post .

something ı have always loathed is how my laptop reacts to issues . When it is always on plane mode and remains unconnected . A friendly reminder to two bit intelligence services ... lf ı have a friend with cruise missiles , you won't find my friend on the tablet or the laptop . Don't you people have anything worthwhile to do ?

Did some yardwork and exercise. Went to have a shower I could smell myself.

No hot water fml. Think there's something wrong with the cylinder.

Cold shower.

Last night, my shelving/racks in my walk-in closet collapsed. My clothes are all on the floor. My husband's corner was spared this catastrophe. I can't even right now. Hubby says he'll take care of it and told me not even to look (I did look)

Turns out the hot water is fine. Someone left the tap on in the laundry.

That someone's name starts with a Z
Mrs. Zardnaar?

At least you didn't leave your outdoor water spigot on for three months.

Mary! I've just telepathically communicated with your husband. He mentioned something about you giving it a rest.

Well he has a new unforgivable crime. I asked him to pick up two pounds of mozzarella cheese and he bought pre-shredded rather than blocks!

Given that mozzarella's natural place is on pineapple-less pizza, you can just melt it anyway. Be creative!

or did you have a very specific craving to eat blocks of cheese?

Given that mozzarella's natural place is on pineapple-less pizza, you can just melt it anyway. Be creative!
Pre-shredded cheese doesn't melt properly. I always freshly shred cheese for melting, and he knows this! (or at least he should)

Pre-shredded cheese doesn't melt properly. I always freshly shred cheese for melting, and he knows this! (or at least he should)
I am sure they put something in pre-shredded cheese to make it hold its form. Whatever variety it is it always seems a bit like rubber to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom