Random Rants LVI: Raving Mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the rants own the thread, so the possessive is appropriate.

If the Rants own the thread then it's Rants' thread. Otherwise, it's only the thread of one particular right! HEIL GRAMMERN!

btw I in particular prefer the current format with 'Rants' being a noun used in adjectival position, as a pre-modifier. Don't make me take out the grammar books, young man.

Shouldn't it be raving madly at the end? If you go to a rave, which means you're raving, shouldn't you be doing it madly?

Raving functions as a complement to mad, not the other way around, in which case you would be right.

Well I did some due diligence and I think I've found an appropriate logo for Takhisis if he wants to become the official Grammar Nazi of OT. Yes, this belongs in the rants thread because I can confidently anticipate the reaction.

Spoiler :

Urge to shove pony into glue factory......RISING!!!

Hey, I actually like this song (unlike the original). By the way, Weird Al's is my favourite MLP episode.

Well I did some due diligence and I think I've found an appropriate logo for Takhisis if he wants to become the official Grammar Nazi of OT. <snipped for impropriety>
:run: AAARRGGGHGHGGHHH!!!
Urge to shove pony into glue factory......RISING!!!
No, I don't want to sniff a pony by accident. Better make them into mortadella.

Says the man who leaves an apostrophe out of his username.

Two of them actually. And some spaces. But I use the same name all over, and some places reject those characters.

It's a rejection issue.

Two of them actually. And some spaces. But I use the same name all over, and some places reject those characters.

It's a rejection issue.

Civfanatics accepts apostrophes.
Source: over there *points at name*

Civfanatics accepts apostrophes.
Source: over there *points at name*

Like I said, I use the same name all over and a lot of places don't. I think when I first started using it there might not have been any place that did.

I'm not sure as to whether this I a rant or a rave, but the Grauniad now has its own 'Ask Molly Ringwald'. :shrug:

This is an interesting discussion because I thought the first rants thread was a reference to Rant's Thread, originally authored by Thaddeus Z. Rant in 1889.

The horrifying deaths of at least 14 women who had undergone surgery at sterilisation camps in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh, highlight the violence of the population control policies that the British government is at the forefront of promoting globally.

Far from giving poor women in the global south much-needed access to safe contraception that they can control, these policies dehumanise them as &#8220;excessively reproductive&#8221; and set targets that make atrocities like those in Chhattisgarh possible. While these policies are rooted in deeply racist and patriarchal ideas, they are implemented in the name of reproductive rights and choice.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/14/britain-end-support-forced-sterilisation-india-chhattisgarh

I just learned there are people who look down on doggie bags (READ: CONDONES FOOD WASTE). Screw you France, you just made me angry. :mad:

Well, I've never used one. And never felt the need to use one.

I wouldn't look down on people who do, though. I'd just wonder why they didn't know the extent of their own appetite before ordering the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom