Random Rants LXXII - What is wrong with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note to self; Never use Telus. Continue mocking Bell.

Better Telus than Shaw.

I must have insensitive skin, or you sensitive. I've never had a problem with acetone, or aromatics for that matter. And my skin resistance to strong acids and bases is probably something like 10 seconds.

One time I added sodium borohydride to a solution of silver nitrate. It went off like a geyser, and little black nanoparticles of elemental silver were everywhere, including my hands. I couldn't wash them off, and no solvent save nitric acid can do anything to silver. So I just applied a few drops of nitric acid directly to my skin, then washed it off really fast. Rinse and repeat, and ta-da! No more silver. And since I did it quickly, no burns either!

My skin isn't very tough. Which has been a problem from time to time, considering how bad I treat it.

Even the thin medical-style gloves? Nitrile is my favorite.

As a bonus, I found I could use them to test my hydrogen cyanide detector. Just light a nitrile glove on fire, put it in a big jar with the detector, and close it up. It was easy to get several ppm of HCN.

Although most people might not want to light them on fire and release cyanide. So maybe you wouldn't see that as a bonus. ;)

I wear those for some things. But for other things, I just lose too much ability to handle things without the gloves slipping or ripping. And for glue, they'd just get completely stuck to the piece I'm working on.

I can't wait until this stupid trade war between Alberta and BC starts impacting Ontario and it goads the federal government into actual intervention.

I can't wait until this stupid trade war between Alberta and BC starts impacting Ontario and it goads the federal government into actual intervention.
Don't hold your breath, if it does they wont notice with the way Wynn has been running the provinces finances. Apparently "Fiscal responsibility" and Mathematics" are a foreign concept to her government....

Yeah, I doubt that Jason Kenney's shooting off his mouth about Justin Trudeau will influence anything.

Kenney apparently thinks he's still in Ottawa, not Edmonton. He's entitled to his opinions, but party leaders should understand that they're expected to have some manners.

My skin isn't very tough. Which has been a problem from time to time, considering how bad I treat it.
I've just watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang earlier this week so I have to answer: ‘Badly’.

;)

I've just watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang earlier this week so I have to answer: ‘Badly’.

;)

Blaming this film is obviously false. You've been playing self appointed grammar police for far more than a week.

Oh, I'm not blaming them for anything. But just picture Robert Downey Jr. saying it rather than my usual couch potato-y self.

ı play one single scenario in the last couple of years . ı know it good enough for the purposes of killing time and even doze off for a second or two between turns , so that the tiredness of walking home (me being close to 50 these days or something) will go away and ı will have the night for pointless TV debates . When two AIs go to war , ı let one to pass my territory and by closing the way in alternative ways in alternative turns , ı herd the AI army into one stack , that will receive proper artillery softening when ı go to war with the said . Turns out ı had a solid sleep as the turns seemed like never ended , missed a couple and even won the game . As if some person elsewhere was pressing ENTER non-stop . As if it wasn't 2009 that ı ranted [elsewhere] that ı wasn't real and in the unlikely case ı was my computer would never be linked to "places" .

oh , why , two for the price of one : ı check the folders , discover autosave files are 7 megabytes each . Start a normal game for comparision , see it starts at 1.3 MB . Re-start the scenario and its autosaves measure 3+ MB . One for the game , one for the scenario kind of . ı know it has happened to Civ III players before and run a search whether ı can find that or something . Windows 8 really and really searches in odd ways so ı find Wikipedia stuff that ı read , you know , killing time . One on the Cyprus issue even . Oh-kay , yours idiotly goes to sleep and has a dream . In which the Dreamcaster takes yours idiotly , the wannabe historian , to an interview with an oldhand . Who is typically non-responsive and full with generalizations . But , it's a good time and we don't care when some ship fires cruise missiles and stuff , probably on us . You should really know dreams are where the brain re-arranges itself in a relaxed way and the day's newspaper had a piece of Putin's bunch placing Kalibr or whatever missiles in the Med . See , no point and stuff . Then ı ask him whether he knows a certain guy , whose only record in history involves a restaurant and it's seriously misrepresented , but ı don't know how and would like to know . The old hand is impressed , the dream ends with him asking my opinion on things ... Why doesn't Dreamcaster go elsewhere and ı don't know , concoct nightmares and stuff for the deserving ? Mind you , the latest game has 5 cows at the start up location or something and with moving a couple of tiles ı can gather only 4 for the capital ...

Another keyboard utterly destroyed.........it now resembles an accordion. A Logitech accordion. And it's space bar is still jammed.

And now the Steam account i'm using apparently no longer exists. Meaning i have to call my brother to see what he did, but he's out for the long weekend and left his cell phone at home......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom