Random Rants LXXII - What is wrong with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
makes sense.
I know, it's just....timing. Stupid Steam acting up now, i should have tried playing New Vegas earlier this week. Then i could have phoned him....
BTW anyone want a Logitech Accordion?

I got attacked by a Canada Goose as a child.

I think it was a scrub of a goose, though. People talk about how they're fairly formidable when attacking but I was a lil pipsqueak and warded it off fairly easily. Granted, I was likely lucky as I had grabbed its neck and then smacked its head against a car since I was at a dealership at the time.

They're rather rude animals.

Does this mean you got pooped on? It doesn't sound like you lost at chess.
Well my endgame was to eat one of them so I can't blame them for not complying. They're crafty fellas, I'll need to up my game. Next attempt won't be until August.
I got attacked by a Canada Goose as a child.

I think it was a scrub of a goose, though. People talk about how they're fairly formidable when attacking but I was a lil pipsqueak and warded it off fairly easily. Granted, I was likely lucky as I had grabbed its neck and then smacked its head against a car since I was at a dealership at the time.

They're rather rude animals.
So kiddo Synsensa goes to a car dealership and get's attacked by a Canada goose. My instinct is telling me that this story is worthy of it's own thread.

I would hazard a guess that every single Canadian and American on the C.G. migration path on this forum has a similar story, or knows of a similar story. It's a coming-of-age ritual for us, really. :p

I would hazard a guess that every single Canadian and American on the C.G. migration path on this forum has a similar story, or knows of a similar story. It's a coming-of-age ritual for us, really. :p
The only geese I had an argument with were the ones we had when I was about 5 or so. We were living on the acreage then, and my dad had an automotive repair business. This was back in the '60s, so it wasn't that outlandish when one of his customers paid him in geese, rather than in cash.

The customer expected that we would eat them, but instead they became pets. There were three adults and a gosling, and it turns out that they were very good substitute watch dogs. Unfortunately they were so territorial when it came to the front driveway, I had to climb onto the gate, swing into the flower bed, and walk in the flower bed to get around the corner to my grandparents' part of the house, to avoid the geese.

Oh, and one of them ate the air nozzle off my wading pool.

By contrast, I have never had any arguments with a Canada Goose. Pigeons and robins, on the other hand, are different stories.

Nope.

The only reason I'm not advocating for the extinction of mosquitoes is because the bats need something to eat.

Bats can eat flies. Mosquitoes are due for extinction any day now.

None of the mosquitoes that bite humans are keystone species. They don't provide a significant proportion of the food eaten by any other species and don't pollinate anything that does not have plenty of other pollinators. Some kinds of mosquitoes should be preserved, but not the sort that are vectors for human diseases.

The name comes from Italian, was also known as Roman fever and was mentioned several times by Shakespeare. It was even known to the Ancient Greeks and Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom