Random Rants ': No, YOUR thread titles suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does state bureaucracy have to suck and be slow af in every country?

Why not get a more regular blanket?

I'm in Canada, it gets pretty cold! A blanket during the winter is not enough. I need a warm duvet with a blanket overtop.

Your local mall might have a shop specializing in duvets and comforters. Take a look, it might help, even if you don't end up buying from there.

I would like to have my duvet/comforter cover match the style and colour of the bedsheets. Ideally it would be all in one set or from the same company at least, same brand, etc. so that everything matches. If I go out to a store, they likely won't have whatever brand and style I'm looking up online as their selection will probably be limited by whichever brands they carry.

As mentioned, I have no idea what a duvet is and why it needs a cover. For me, bedding sets consist of fitted sheet, flat sheet, pillow case, and whatever blankets I choose to use.

Take a look at this photo:

Spoiler :

The comforter cover matches the pillows and the rest of the bedsheets. That's what I'm after because that's what makes sense to me. I only ever sleep under blankets if I'm staying at a friend's place and I have to sleep on a couch and all he has is blankets. If I'm in a real bed, I'm always under a comforter that's in a cover that matches the rest of the bed sheets. That's what I want for my bedroom, it's what I'm used to.

If I'm not sleeping and my bed is made, I don't want a blanket to be on top that doesn't match the rest of the bedsheets. I mean, it doesn't really matter, but I want a complete set that all matches. The blanket I use during cold nights to throw overtop everything gets put aside when I wake up. I want everything else other than that to match. It's fine if the pillows and the sheet I sleep on (that's on top of the mattress - fitting sheet?) are white or a different colour - as long as the whole complete set - including the duvet/comforter cover were all designed to be all a part of the same matching set, so that it doesn't look out of place whether you're in bed or not.

The bedsheet set I initially linked was all the same colour - beige. The flat sheet, fitted sheet, and bed sheets were all the same. So, the cover I use for my duvet/comforter, I want that to be the exact same design and colour. Wouldn't it be weird if it was different? I don't understand all of this confusion at all. (It's not your fault, I blame the north american bedding conspiracy lizard people or whoever they are)

Last edited:
IKEA, man. Their duvets can be REALLY warm, so warm you don't even need the second blanket. I use their 2nd warmest duvet and sleep with the window open. Still often too warm!

I have a decent duvet/comforter but it is getting a bit old. I wouldn't actually mind picking up a new one.

Do you think I could buy a complete set at IKEA - including the duvet, duvet cover, top sheet, fitting sheet, and pillow cases? Do they sell something like this? Or maybe a duvet separately and then a complete bedsheet set including everything else I listed excluding the duvet?

I have a decent duvet/comforter but it is getting a bit old. I wouldn't actually mind picking up a new one.

Do you think I could buy a complete set at IKEA - including the duvet, duvet cover, top sheet, fitting sheet, and pillow cases? Do they sell something like this? Or maybe a duvet separately and then a complete bedsheet set including everything else I listed excluding the duvet?

Yep. I did for mine. All purple, baby.

Nice! I guess I might just have to stop at IKEA.

Is that a North American vs European thing? Nowhere online in North America I can find a complete set that includes all those things I listed above. Another poster said that duvet covers are usually sold separately.. but since IKEA sells them all in one set, does that mean that.. that's a European thing?

Purple best ple. And I do have a couple full sets. People do usually use duvets here in the winter.

Nice! I guess I might just have to stop at IKEA.

Is that a North American vs European thing? Nowhere online in North America I can find a complete set that includes all those things I listed above. Another poster said that duvet covers are usually sold separately.. but since IKEA sells them all in one set, does that mean that.. that's a European thing?

I think it might be more of a convenience thing. IKEA is big on standardization and they don't have a lot of choices when it comes to customization. Colour palettes tend to be the same across similar products. It makes sense to package them all together. But you can get them all individually as well. I love IKEA.

I think it might be more of a convenience thing. IKEA is big on standardization and they don't have a lot of choices when it comes to customization. Colour palettes tend to be the same across similar products. It makes sense to package them all together. But you can get them all individually as well. I love IKEA.

See, I don't get why everybody else wouldn't do this either. Aren't most people interested in having everything on their bed match? Judging by the responses in this thread I guess not, but I don't really get it

Tbh my sheets get changed every week but my duvet cover stays in place much much longer than that.

If I had white sheets I would expect the duvet cover to stay in place in its purple/brown/red/whatever glory while the white sheets and pillow cases get replaced every once in a while. In this scenario the colours don't match, but that's ok, because white goes with most colors really.

But the set I linked earlier had coloured sheets. So you'd think that your duvet cover would want to match that - since it's not white. Right? Wouldn't it look odd if you're sleeping on blue sheets, your pillows are blue, but your duvet cover is burgundy? If the sheets are white a burgundy duvet cover works, but if they're not white..

When I say "Duvet" I mean a thing that you sleep under that keeps you warm.
It must be a Franco-Canadian word for one of:
a) a woman
b) hot water bottle
c) a picture of lovely fried bacon glued to the ceiling that glows in the dark.

If I had white sheets I would expect the duvet cover to stay in place in its purple/brown/red/whatever glory while the white sheets and pillow cases get replaced every once in a while. In this scenario the colours don't match, but that's ok, because white goes with most colors really.

But the set I linked earlier had coloured sheets. So you'd think that your duvet cover would want to match that - since it's not white. Right? Wouldn't it look odd if you're sleeping on blue sheets, your pillows are blue, but your duvet cover is burgundy? If the sheets are white a burgundy duvet cover works, but if they're not white..

This is why I think you should go to a specialty store if possible, to get answers. The people at Ikea are unlikely to have much knowledge on the subject.

I have a feeling that if i show up to a bedsheet/duvet speciality place, and I tell them all this, they are going to look at me like I came from another planet, like most of you guys. Plus from my experience prices at places like that are going to be a lot more than on amazon.ca

But it's not a bad idea, just to get some advice, I am going to look some up

speak polish at them and say your flag is red and white

What? The duvet is the warm bulky thing, often measured in togs, usually with its own colourful cover, that lies on top of your bed. I use it with a top sheet and a fitted under sheet, but you can be lazy and do without the top sheet.

The top sheet and pillows should match, but the under sheet and duvet case only need to be in complimentary colours.

Y'all care too much about this, that's all I'll say.

job hunt rant: You want my resume... in plaintext. Not an uploaded .docx? Ok fine, copy-paste done. Next page. Oh, you want me to upload my resume? Ok, fine. Here you go. Next page. Oh, you want my previous employers? Like the ones I just listed on my resume? What kind of monster are you?

Rainy season is back in Seattle and naturally no one knows how to drive in the rain! They'll regularly go 10-20 miles below the speed limit when it's perfectly fine to go as fast as normal!

Then it occurred to me! I'm a Seattle person who's capable of driving the speed limit in the rain. Then it occurred to me that the Seattle area has been experience a population boom from other states who bring their driving habits here. But it rains on the East Coast and Midwest which left only one region left.

THAT'S RIGHT, THE CALIFORNIANS

It's bad enough they move up here and drive rents and property taxes high, but because Californian's don't have rain, they can't drive for jack! Rain falls from the sky and they go into a panic! It's not that Seattleites don't know how to drive in the rain, it's all the damn Californian's who've never seen rain before budging up traffic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom