Random Rants : Someone is wrong on the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had another recurring nightmare of being back at university with loads of coursework piling up and not enough time to finish it off in due to leaving it till the last minute.

I hate this nightmare and I get it all the time :(

My time here in Germany is running out. I feel like I haven't taken half as many opportunities as I should have, and I really don't want to go. I should have signed up for two semesters.

Well...use your time now.
Next weekend is a long weekend, do something.
Go to the places which you wanted to go, and don't postpone it.

Still waiting for a reply from the work thing from my council. They told me it would take up to 5 days yesterday.

I found another email to contact:

http://www.bradford.gov.uk/bmdc/edu.../skills_for_work/do_you_have_a_disability.htm

And previously sent an enquiry to their skills for work section.

Gibe. Me. A. Jerb!!!!

... Maybe I shouldn't mention to them that my long term prospective is to rule / nuke the world though.

God dammit I hope the jobcentre dies.

I decided to call the workable service to try speed things up, and they told me I was supposed to have been referred to them by the jobcentre. When I had my appointment last week, I actually told them that I thought they could pass my info along to any such services or employers and they said no, we can only give you their details.

Now I have to go to another jobcentre appointment tomorrow to get referred. Slowed down by a whole week because they didn't refer me in the first place.

I. NEED. A. JERB. AND. A. HOUSE. GIBE!

Pro: don't have to wait on others anymore

Con: the solution is of course "well this is their responsibility but just do it for them"

This isn't a big deal though nor a surprise. But hey, maybe one day I can shove stuff onto other people.

Triple rant time!
>People in the university library during finals week who see a large number of people studying quietly and think "Sounds like a good time to hold a loud discussion about sports!".
>Girls who wear flip-flops inside the library, ensuring you can hear them coming long before they come near.
>Realizing several things you could have done to make the dataset and regression method better, but shortly realizing it is too late now to fix it and have to proceed with an inferior dataset.

Pro tip for studying at university -

Ear plugs.

'Tis CFC in a nutshell?
Oh, traditions get changed once in awhile...

Rant: They're repainting the walls and doors in my apartment building. What was nice warm shades of beige and tan is becoming light and charcoal grey. They're also ripping up the carpets. I don't mind that since we've needed new ones since the windows were replaced last year, but the new ones will also be some depressing color.

My record player is slowing down. There are songs you just dont really feel the slow motion, but I just cant keep on using this as it is. It is unbearable for me to notice something is not quite right.

confirmed: the j has a foot fetish

Not exactly what I meant, but I'd take that over no nice skin at all ^^.

I'm feeling horribly isolated at the moment.

Do you feel like it, or is it like it?
And what makes right now different from the usual situation?

Rant: Was too late today for my kickboxing class, and some of the talks at the conference were rather pointless.
(still a good day, but too lazy to go to the raves thread)

So my female friends consider me blunt, unfriendly and very un-PC, while my male friends consider me overly diplomatic, friendly and too PC. I am trying to figure out if there is a perception difference between them or if I change my behavior depending on the overwhelming gender of the group. They all agree I'm weird though so at least I'm consistent there.

Spoiler possible squick :
Having your haemorrhoids banded is more painful than you might think. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom