Random Raves ΜΔ: Crate Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why would you ever want to ruin your chicken by frying it?? :(

It's a nice treat. I couldn't have it very often. But once or twice a year it's nice to have. Especially since an 8-piece bucket lasts me for three days.

It's a nice treat. I couldn't have it very often. But once or twice a year it's nice to have. Especially since an 8-piece bucket lasts me for three days.
That's why I always order a large pizza for myself. I need breakfast and lunch for tomorrow in addition to dinner tonight

Phase 1 complete.

Unfortunately they're sending the bank card via mail, so I'll just have to intercept that for a few days.

RBC. It's the closest and had the lowest fees.

RBC is the major bank I have the least experience with... I'm sorry. I guess it's probably too late to change the mailing location now anyways. Does your mom open your mail?

Yes, unfortunately.

I tried going "hey, I'm going to start walking around outside every day while it's still not too yucky, can I borrow the mailbox key to pick up the mail on the way back in?" but she was "no, we don't get any mail anyways." So I'll have to sneak it out.

I'm being released from the hospital this afternoon. It's been an adventure, most recently camping out in the 2nd-floor patient lounge that was converted into a double room. My roommate is a 60-year-old man who swore up a storm the first night since there's no TV here (it was broken and nobody replaced it). But later he apologized for his behavior and we get along well enough now. It helps that we have a couple of common interests, and the first night I just let him ramble on about whatever. We were planning to watch some videos (thanks to my finding some Bonanza episodes on Youtube), but there isn't time now. Hopefully they move him to a room with a TV soon or he's going to start yelling at the nurses again.

RBC is the major bank I have the least experience with... I'm sorry. I guess it's probably too late to change the mailing location now anyways. Does your mom open your mail?
Yes, unfortunately.

I tried going "hey, I'm going to start walking around outside every day while it's still not too yucky, can I borrow the mailbox key to pick up the mail on the way back in?" but she was "no, we don't get any mail anyways." So I'll have to sneak it out.
I'm familiar with RBC, and I know some people hate it, but I always found them easy to deal with. If you explain your situation in person, they will be able to figure out which plan is best for you, given your circumstances (how many withdrawals/cheques you might normally make in a month, how flexible you need things, etc.). Don't let them upsell you on services you don't need or can't afford (some banks do that). If you do online banking, make sure you pick security questions that your mom couldn't possibly guess the answers to (not to mention the initial password being something she couldn't guess).

You can get your statements online so there won't be any telltale paper ones coming in the mail.

Is there a way for you to catch the mailman there before he puts the mail in your box? My Canada Post mailman will do that for me if I happen to be there when he comes - it saves him a couple of minutes to just hand it to me instead of putting it in the box.

That's what I'm going to try to do. I know what time the truck comes around so I can just go out for a walk then.

You also might have an option where you can ask your post office to hold your mail for you for a couple weeks and you can collect it there. Also, if you call RBC's customer service number (1-800-769-2511) and you may be able to ask them to reroute your debit card to your branch instead of your home, I used to do that when I was a customer service agent myself.

I'm very glad you're out of the hospital @Valka D'Ur, I hope you're continuing to recover well.

You also might have an option where you can ask your post office to hold your mail for you for a couple weeks and you can collect it there.

Looked into that just now, they want at least 5 days notice (chances are it'll come before that) and it costs money anyways.

I suppose that since it's Canada you can ask the post office to hold your mail for you in a box of their own and you can trust them. How much money would it cost?
But why would you ever want to ruin your chicken by frying it?? :(
I don't think I've ever tried the industrialised variety of fried chicken but the homemade stuff is good.

P.O. boxes you have to pay at least three months in advance, and I think they're out of walking distance anyways.

How far is ‘walking distance’ for you these days?

About half a mile because I have to factor in getting back. Not very far. I get tired fast.

And there's no bus lines, I presume? That can be a problem.

Nope. Town was considering it a few years ago but I guess it never happened.

Re-reading my recently written story. Seems to be a little better than i thought, so i will keep it. On the surface it is about two acid- attacks at a university, but later on it becomes evident that something else is happening. It all is some kind of elaborate farse by some enemies of a recently retired professor at an entirely unrelated uni. But that too later on seems to not be what is actually going on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom