Random Raves ΜΔ: Crate Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
+++argument: without fish, chips are empty of meaning+++

+++analysis: answer invalid

disclosure: chips without fish/hamburger/eggs is inexistent concept+++

Getting your learner's license in BC is significantly cheaper than in Ontario, much to my surprise. I paid $160 in Ontario for the G1 (written exam). Here in BC it's, wait for it... $15 for the L (equivalent). Another $10 for the ID.

So I can move up my plans a great deal and skip renewing my health insurance card (BC does not allow you to have a separate insurance card and driver's license, instead forcing you to combine them). Getting sick derailed this plan, but I at least know I'll be getting my learner's license within the next couple months.

Not that big of a deal as I can't afford lessons yet but it'll allow me to cross another item off of my year's "need to do for me to not feel like a failure" list. Since BC runs on a graduated licensing system, it'll also start the 12-month countdown to going for my N (basic driver's license).

Speaking of that "not feel like a failure" list... I've moved up a credit score ranking. I only need to gain 4 more points over the course of the next 10 months in order to reach my year's goal.

+++analysis: answer invalid

disclosure: chips without fish/hamburger/eggs is inexistent concept+++
What do eggs have to do with it? Seriously, it's annoying if I want to get a takeout omelette and toast, that they include potato medallions with it (aka round french fries). Why not include something sensible, like sausages or ham?

So I can move up my plans a great deal and skip renewing my health insurance card (BC does not allow you to have a separate insurance card and driver's license, instead forcing you to combine them). Getting sick derailed this plan, but I at least know I'll be getting my learner's license within the next couple months.
Let me see if I understand this: You can have a health card without a driver's license but not a driver's license without a health card? :confused:

Let me see if I understand this: You can have a health card without a driver's license but not a driver's license without a health card? :confused:

You get one card. If you have no license, then the card is just your health insurance number. If you have a license, it's your health insurance number plus your driver's license number.

So when I get my L, I'll get a card that replaces my current one. And since my current one is expiring in May, I might as well get the license before then instead of renewing the expiring card and then getting it replaced later anyways.

So TL;DR Canada imitates its southern neighbour and doesn't have a countrywide personal ID system?
What do eggs have to do with it? Seriously, it's annoying if I want to get a takeout omelette and toast, that they include potato medallions with it (aka round french fries). Why not include something sensible, like sausages or ham?
Egg and fried chips makes for something that is more than the sum of its parts.

And anyway egg'n'chips is an awesome dish.

Both countries have passports, yes.
Which I don't have because the last time I crossed the border was in 1987 and I wasn't even asked to show any ID. They just wanted to know where we were from, where we were going, and how long we intended to stay.

Some people are calling for a national ID card for voting purposes.

Happy birthday!

Rave: Going through a bunch of old unsorted bookmarks and came across this imgur post. I burst into laughter.

Egg and fried chips makes for something that is more than the sum of its parts.

And anyway egg'n'chips is an awesome dish.
Yes they are. By not adding meat they are looking out after your health.

Yes they are. By not adding meat they are looking out after your health.
So french fries are healthier? It might be mentioned that the meals I'm talking about are large enough to do me for two breakfasts. Who needs that many round french fries?

People with enormous appetites.

So french fries are healthier? It might be mentioned that the meals I'm talking about are large enough to do me for two breakfasts. Who needs that many round french fries?
Portion control is personal issue and how big your meal is is not relevant. Adding meat (bacon, sausage, ham etc.) makes the meal less healthy. And when that meat is bacon, sausage or ham, it is probably less healthy than a pork chop because of the curing process. If you want a bigger, more varied meal that is healthier, then add mushrooms, onions, peas, garlic, spinach, peppers, etc.

Well, it depends on how much physical activity you're getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom