Random Raves XLII: How Amazingly Unlikely is Your Birth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can tell that.

Doesn't matter, I'm still a quasi-graduate.

Other than my strawberry jam issue (see the Rants thread), Canada Day has been quiet. I've got some TV watching planned for tonight (The Handmaid's Tale and Big Brother) and I'm about to look for my notes so I can continue with the story I started back in April for NaNoWriMo.

If that notebook has decided not to be found, I have an alternative story in mind. But either way, the plan is to write at least 500 words by midnight.

Would you think that this is a good song?

Not quite what I was implying when I mentioned doing "research".
I meant something more like using slime-moulds to make connections in electronic
circuitry to trigger musical notes. Or a "Mutant Drosophila Ensemble" that takes
your musical input, learns and adapts to it, and feeds back its responses to you.

And, no, the last "good song" was Holiday in Cambodia.
(Either the Dead Kennedys or Richard Cheese versions. )

GLADURATION! Once I've completed the necessary paperwork (est. +6 months) I'll officially be awarded a university degree.

6 months to print out images you collected on the web, then paste them into a book using the
"Sad Dee Dee is Dead" Commemorative Gluestick you got with your Ramones T-shirt?

Putting the cap on the gluetube before going to sleep might help speed things up a bit. :p

Oh no, this isn't rock'n'roll high school. This is rock'n'roll uni.

Rave: I found my story notes!

Rant: They're not as legible as I'd hoped.

Both statements I made are perfectly true. :huh:

"Not as legible" doesn't mean "Completely illegible." I'll just have to re-read a few pages back and remind myself of what was going on. And it's not like I haven't been thinking about the story over the past few months. I've made a few more notes about some of the directions where I want it to go.

GLADURATION! Once I've completed the necessary paperwork (est. +6 months) I'll officially be awarded a university degree.

And also I've just narrowed the problems with the CD/DVD unit to strictly software i.e. a wrongly installed driver. Huzzah!
AWESOME! I'm so stoked for you dude. You earned it! What a day dude, I'm so happy for you. :D
(Beaming a smile at my computer a thousand miles away)
If only university degrees weren't handed out like candy to babies nowadays, this might actually have been a reason worth celebrating. Otherwise apprenticeships / internships are 100 times more superior in the current employment climate, at least in the UK.

Real degrees, like mathematics, engineering, physics and genetics are worth more.
All others are just stamp collecting using social media.

Jeez, is this how you respond to every bit of good news? "We're getting married!" "Pfft, 42% of marriages end in divorce."
Right? What a pissy way to rain on someone's parade.

I had an epic weekend. We rode bikes out to a open-space park and had a picnic and tramped around a bit. Went to the pool the next day. Ate pork steaks and homemade pizza. Somehow found the time to crush some important work yesterday - and bonus, it was work that I actually find fun to do as odd as that seems. Oh and got like $20m from my farm in No Man's Sky. It was a packed weekend.

Seems I have a date again next week :D.
I suggested to go for ice cream and drinks. She said cannot make it this week (has friends over), so she suggested next week. I joked that the good weather would be gone then, to which she replied that she already looked it up, and that it'll still be good (yes, that'll be freakin' inaccurate, but that's not the point ^^).
So...that looks good right now :D:bounce:.

AWESOME! I'm so stoked for you dude. You earned it! What a day dude, I'm so happy for you. :D
(Beaming a smile at my computer a thousand miles away)
Thanks! Now I have to get one of those job things, but this is really just the beginning of a brand new adventure module, set in the Real Life plane/setting.
hobbsyoyo said:
I had an epic weekend. We rode bikes out to a open-space park and had a picnic and tramped around a bit. Went to the pool the next day. Ate pork steaks and homemade pizza. Somehow found the time to crush some important work yesterday - and bonus, it was work that I actually find fun to do as odd as that seems. Oh and got like $20m from my farm in No Man's Sky. It was a packed weekend.
As eclectic as my menus can get, this is a combination I haven't tried yet. I'll bear it in mind.
I like you CFC: OT. From your serious discussions on the ills of society to the silly map threads, you're all insightful funny and entertaining. Hugs all around.

:grouphug:
:thumbsup:

I like you CFC: OT. From your serious discussions on the ills of society to the silly map threads, you're all insightful funny and entertaining. Hugs all around.

:grouphug:

Lies. I've put a lot of work into making sure everyone here strongly dislikes me so there's no way I'm going to believe anyone here sees me as insightful, funny, or entertaining.

"Fake news" is Merican for "News I don't want to hear or even think about." :hide:
Oh. In Canada it means "You're/he's/she's/they are lying," so it was an honest error on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom