Random Raves XLII: How Amazingly Unlikely is Your Birth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, congrats. [old man mode] I remember when graduating with a B average was a good thing. Now, it seems to make you a loser [/old man mode]

Thanks! Now I have to get one of those job things, but this is really just the beginning of a brand new adventure module, set in the Real Life plane/setting.

As eclectic as my menus can get, this is a combination I haven't tried yet. I'll bear it in mind.
:thumbsup:
Oh sorry, I ate pork steaks and pizza on consecutive days, not together.

I didn't see any threads for this, so

Happy 4th of July! This is what I imagine is happening in America right now

Yep, happy Treason Day! Ye Rebellious Colonials!
2deqdo.jpg

Last edited:
I'd have to imagine that Rocket engineers would make the best fireworks shows.
They're only fun to watch when it's someone else's rocket exploding. Even then it's more sad than cool. There isn't even any schadenfreude to it; it's just miserable because of how much work went up in flames accidentally.

It was King George & Lord North who were violating Magna Carta. They are the real traitors.
Pfft, Magna Carta. That's normie stuff. All the cool Patriots* know that they violated the Laws in Wales Acts of 1535. :cool:

(i.e.John Adams and literally nobody else.)

It was King George & Lord North who were violating Magna Carta. They are the real traitors.

I assume that this isn't serious, mainly because almost none of Magna Carta actually remains in force these days (and not much more 240 years ago).

Lies. I've put a lot of work into making sure everyone here strongly dislikes me so there's no way I'm going to believe anyone here sees me as insightful, funny, or entertaining.
It actually takes effort, then?
@Takhisis im happy for you and imma let you finish but
i am sure you still aren't able to read greek well enough to be used as a translator of my work to spanish or english.

Still, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:
You're tryin' to take ma jerb!

And thanks.
Oh sorry, I ate pork steaks and pizza on consecutive days, not together.
NOT GONNA DISSUADE ME

Pfft, Magna Carta. That's normie stuff. All the cool Patriots* know that they violated the Laws in Wales Acts of 1535. :cool:

Well wait... Magna Carta Chapter 12 deals with taxes, Chapter 14 deals with representation, and the two chapters worked in tandem. Admittedly they don't specifically say "no taxation without representation," but the implication is there. At minimum, the foundation is laid.

I must be missing something in the Laws in Wales Acts of 1535. I see it setting out political reforms in Wales, but I see nothing about taxation.

I understand that John Adams took his "no taxation without representation" from arguments made by the Irish. This argument failed for them because they were not Englishmen and so Magna Carta didn't apply. In contrast, American colonists were Englishmen.

The thing about the Magna Carta is that English people don't really care about it, and indeed we've never really cared about it. For a document that was almost completely ignored within a few of years of it being signed, the significance other peoples, particularly Americans, give it seems rather baffling.

I did not see the fireworks last night but instead went biking, swimming and made carnitas street tacos.

They're only fun to watch when it's someone else's rocket exploding. Even then it's more sad than cool. There isn't even any schadenfreude to it; it's just miserable because of how much work went up in flames accidentally.
Unless you designed the rocket specifically for a fireworks display...:groucho:(i.e. nothing too fancy, just powerful enough to reach about 1,000 feet and carrying a payload of various fireworks and various sparklers installed all along it's length):smoke:

Lies. I've put a lot of work into making sure everyone here strongly dislikes me so there's no way I'm going to believe anyone here sees me as insightful, funny, or entertaining.

Don't sell yourself short. "The Donald Trump Friendship and Positivity Thread" that title is pure gold. And I know you have some unpopular opinions, at least in this corner of the internet, but you have certainly enlightened me on some things particularly related to your knowledge of the military such as this:

Soldiers don't have a right to free speech. Not when it comes to political statements. While in uniform, members of the armed forces are strictly prohibited from making public political statements or showing support/disapproval for any political party, candidate, or elected official.

UCMJ and DoD regulations are very clear about this

Moderator Action: Valka has approximately 13.5 hours to start the next raves thread before that privilege passes to Commodore and then to Takhisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom