Random Raves XLVII: Who wants cookies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because ‘kosher’ here actually means… kosher in the strict sense of Jewish religion.

It is called kosher salt because it was commonly used to brine meat and draw out the blood ("kashering"), which is a part of the process of making meat kosher.

I like kosher salt because the surface area means you get more bang for your buck in the flavor department.

I'm not sure how to answer the question...the grains of kosher salt are like flat flakes instead of little granules so there's more surface area, and thus more flavor delivered to your tongue per mass of salt

But that only applies if you're actually directly eating grains of salt rather than, um, adding it to other food, unless I'm missing something.

But that only applies if you're actually directly eating grains of salt rather than, um, adding it to other food, unless I'm missing something.

It applies if the salt is added by sprinkling it on at the end like on french fries

Mine french fries salt usually evaporates (if fries are hot) or sometimes "melts" - mixes with whatever is on the surface (sauce, oil, ketchup, etc.)

edit . btw. Have You noticed that salt is so addictive that when You start eating it You can't stop. Everything we add it to instantly becomes "must have another one". I am talking pop-corn, nuts, chips, fries here ! ;)

Last edited:
Rave: made a Lebanese family recipe today. Good stuff! It should be a hit with my friends and my coworkers, since I've made enough for two meetups

Rave: I also mentioned this in the writing thread, but I was actually able to plan ahead a little bit in my fanfic (in a kind of barebones way, but now I have an idea of how A leads to B). I guess this is a good thing. :lol:

Rave: I also mentioned this in the writing thread, but I was actually able to plan ahead a little bit in my fanfic (in a kind of barebones way, but now I have an idea of how A leads to B). I guess this is a good thing. :lol:
This is definitely a good thing. :yup:

Rave: My new mouse shines in all the colors of a rainbow ! When the light is out it also gives this cool "Northern Lights" effect on my ceiling ! ^^

Rave: My new mouse shines in all the colors of a rainbow ! When the light is out it also gives this cool "Northern Lights" effect on my ceiling ! ^^

I was going to suggest getting it checked for radiation poisoning before I realized you meant a computer mouse...

OMG this new foot massager is absolutely heavenly. Well, I'll be spending a lot more time at my desk now, lol!

I was going to suggest getting it checked for radiation poisoning before I realized you meant a computer mouse...
If it was a real mouse, I don't care what color it is. Real mice are vermin.

As for computer mice, I still use the basic black plug-it-into-the-computer kind.

OMG this new foot massager is absolutely heavenly. Well, I'll be spending a lot more time at my desk now, lol!
Snerk's now unemployed then?

Rave: made a Lebanese family recipe today. Good stuff! It should be a hit with my friends and my coworkers, since I've made enough for two meetups
I lived above a Lebanese family in college and I ate many meals with them. We had a rule, they couldn't tell me what it was until we were done eating. Lots of great food but sometimes a bit worried about the ingredients.

They spread hantavirus. They're vermin.

Yeah, and cats spread toxoplasmosis. The difference between "innocent animal" and "vermin" is to some extent in the eye of the beholder. I know a few people who keep mice as pets and they are cuties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom