• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Random SG 01 - The Randomness Begins

The line up:

Bugs <= Gets to do some war mongering :groucho:
Polus <= Traveling. Skipped until return.
Teproc <= on deck
Gurra
Eric
Menelann <= Nicely set us up for war

I'll wait until this evening for team input. Most likely Darius is going to call us out for being so close to his frontier. I typically am honest when the AI asks and allow them to get the first punch. I figure it is better than the diplomatic hit for being a liar.

I typically am honest when the AI asks and allow them to get the first punch. I figure it is better than the diplomatic hit for being a liar.

Me too. I also heard that denouncing civ in few turns prior to attacking helps your diplomatic relations. But I don't do it since I don't understand AI's diplomatics myself...

Suggest to keep building the fleet in our third city, all these empires don't look too friendly:(
Tech-wise Astronomy?
Also we can research Chavalry since Darius has Acoustic (he was building opera house) to steal if we want. But I don't know, I like Astronomy:)

Also just looked at the save, it's not Attila who's taking Harar (they're not at war), it's Ottomans :confused:

I like the idea of denouncing Attila before we declare war.

The Ottomans are bullies too. I'm not the least surprised to hear there is a dog pile on Ethiopia.

I like the idea of denouncing Attila before we declare war.

The Ottomans are bullies too. I'm not the least surprised to hear there is a dog pile on Ethiopia.

We've denounced them already:)

If Ottomans would take Harar it would be a nice bumper between Attila and ourself...

Do we want to wardec Attila soon. From one side I like the idea of wardecing him before he will do it. On the other side, the Great Wall sure is very annoying for non-coastal cities...
I kinda see a variant of taking some of his coastal cities with naval force and defending them afterwards though.

But I guess next couple of sets are all about the war with Persia?)

Yes. Darius comes first, but we must keep vigilant regarding Attila.

A war with the Huns will be a long and drawn out war of attrition. I think our economy and our productivity can win it.

Let's focus on Darius first. If he asks about troops on his frontier, definitely do DoW, the diplomacy hit you take from breaking your word is huge and never goes away. Better yet, declare war before you move right next to his border. Time is on our side anyway, both production and tech wise.

Agree with you guys.

What do we plan to produce?
I remember thinking that a cargo ship would be good if we'll be peaceful toward Attila for some time or an internal caravan otherwise would be good.

Also have a look at the religions, looks like they start pushing our cities (our 2 city does not follow our pantheon already, third will be next). We could choose one and try to have it through trade routs. Or we may just let it be:)

I might be very wrong on this so please fix my thinking. Typically when I lose out on the religion race, I just roll with it. If I get a religion in a city that allows me to buy a happy building with faith, then I buy it. When I get rationalism completed I use faith to buy great scientists. We're going to lose our pantheon benefits whether we like it or not.

As for production, I think we should keep 3 of the four cities pumping out military units of some sort. The fourth city should be working on infrastructure. Most likely the fourth city will rotate around. We keep this up until we have a solid army and navy that can compete on the battlefield.

As for production, I think we should keep 3 of the four cities pumping out military units of some sort. The fourth city should be working on infrastructure. Most likely the fourth city will rotate around. We keep this up until we have a solid army and navy that can compete on the battlefield.

Ye, I agree in general. Though I think we don't need much land units in our position, few more melee/mounted units or few catapults to back up destroyed should be enough...
But I totally agree with navy:)

About the religion, sometimes there is one that I really prefer so I send more trade routes towards this religion and keep borders closed for other competitors. But in most cases I just let it go too...

About denouncing Persia- why not. Also he hasn't met some of siv's ( I believe none from the other continents) so it Wouldn't be so bad to kill him)

So, when are you planning to start a war?

I haven't opened the save yet, but I'm thinking within the next 2-3 turns.

My computer is not letting me download the save. It is telling me it has a virus. I'm going to try some other things.

My computer is not letting me download the save. It is telling me it has a virus. I'm going to try some other things.

:blush:
Well, since I use only standard windows 8 antivirus, so I guess you never can tell:(
I can try to re-write it.

P. S. My saves work in GMR just fine..

The IT guys at work were able to download a clean copy. Hopefully this will be playable tonight.

Pre-flight &#8211; Turn 160 &#8211; 1000 AD &#8211; Looks like we have a few unmoved units. Typically you should move all units and leave the turn with just adjustments to be made. We have a Q-Boat with water up to the gunwales with water pouring in. The crew is bailing water non-stop to keep it afloat. I send it north so that it may be able to get somewhere and make repairs.

Move our units on the Persian frontier one tile to perhaps keep Darius from asking the &#8220;What are you up to?&#8221; question.

Gades: shrine => university (We have three cities building units at the moment).

We have a Great Scientist. What do we want to do with him? I would build an academy at this point in the game. What does the team want to do?

I would build an academy at this point in the game.

+1

About a war, agree to wait few turns too. Like when galleas would be there. What do you think about buying a pikeman? I remember I was feeling a lack of blocking melee units.

About a Quinkreme, I think it's totally blocked by Attila's land:( Well, after we take Persepolis it would be fine, but maybe it makes sense to delete it?

P. S. Good that it works^^

Definitely an Academy at this point, preferably on a plains tile with no access to fresh water (which, I guess that's every plains tile around Carthage ^^)

We have the GS on a hill at the moment. We would get an extra shield for production.

Top Bottom