Random Thoughts IV: the Abyss Gazes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, my CMOS has drained out before and reset. I replaced it a bunch of years ago. It wasn't 2023 the last time it happened.

Actually, I think I just figured out what happened. I probably screwed up the default date back when I replaced it.

EDIT: I went back to my notes. I'd replaced my CMOS battery on January 6, 2013, and the date that it reset to was January 6, 2023. I'm not sure if this sort of thing actually is possible (wouldn't it reset to the manufacturing date?), but it'd make sense if it was.

ANOTHER EDIT: did I just get the next thread?

Last edited:
I was looking at Cutlass's picture in the other thread of the diving eagle, thinking about Birdjaguar's response "I wouldn't want to be the target of that" or whatever. Commence day dream of Eagle attacking my non-existent baby and my response.

When I am mentally strong if I have a "crush my enemies" daydream it's about efficacy.
But when I am mentally weak my daydream is about validation of some moment of superiority.

Eagle example: a satisfying strong daydream would be the maneuver to prevent the act or a total and final interruption of the act. Expedient.
A satisfying weak point day dream would be like, stopping the eagle in a way that gives the eagle enough time to demonstrate "oh no I made a huge mistake I am so inferior" before the daydream fades.

What provides a period of strength or weakness is in this case that I ran out of dollars until tomorrow and am barely eating and am hungry.

Similar: my optimism for humanity is highly influenced by how fed I feel at any given moment.

Actually, I think I just figured out what happened. I probably screwed up the default date back when I replaced it.

EDIT: I went back to my notes. I'd replaced my CMOS battery on January 6, 2013, and the date that it reset to was January 6, 2023. I'm not sure if this sort of thing actually is possible (wouldn't it reset to the manufacturing date?), but it'd make sense if it was.

ANOTHER EDIT: did I just get the next thread?

I think I did.

It might have set automatically based on expected battery life.

You didn't start the thread, Tim, and you got post #1000, so...

Even if I did get it, I accidentally stole the second Random Thoughts thread. So I'll step aside this time.

Moderator Action: Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom