Random Thoughts IV: the Abyss Gazes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Like you've newer stood at a buss station waiting and just thought about how easy it would be to take that one step forward and find some rest?
I regularly contemplate suicide, and sometimes for me it feels like it comes out of nowhere. I don't have a bad life right now, in many ways I'm very happy, sometimes I just feel like I don't want to continue thinking, or I'm really afraid of seeing the future. I've often though about drowning myself, because I feel it'd be easy and certain to work. I imagine I'd attach something heavy to my wrist, and I'd go out to a lake or something at night and let myself be pulled under, and I wouldn't have to worry or fear any more. I can totally understand about how you have your thoughts at work, even when you enjoy your job, I feel like many people don't really understand, but I totally hear you.

No, just that they found an anonymous note threatening to bomb the place. I don't know why anyone would want to bomb a Tim Horton's.

As for Timbits, I found better ones in one of the grocery stores. Cheaper, too.

No, just that they found an anonymous note threatening to bomb the place. I don't know why anyone would want to bomb a Tim Horton's.

I'm actually concerned that people are talking about eating Timbits.

The store-brand ones are called "donut holes."

Store-brand ones are only as good as the in-store bakery. My Co-op bakery is really good. I've tried Safeway's baked goods and they're disgusting.

It's not like I get these every day, just a few times a year. I'm partial to the chocolate and honey-glazed ones.

Some people are angry at Tim Hortons because of how some of the franchise owners have treated their employees (pretty crummy, in terms of wages and cutting back on the break time they should get).

I regularly contemplate suicide, and sometimes for me it feels like it comes out of nowhere. I don't have a bad life right now, in many ways I'm very happy, sometimes I just feel like I don't want to continue thinking, or I'm really afraid of seeing the future. I've often though about drowning myself, because I feel it'd be easy and certain to work. I imagine I'd attach something heavy to my wrist, and I'd go out to a lake or something at night and let myself be pulled under, and I wouldn't have to worry or fear any more. I can totally understand about how you have your thoughts at work, even when you enjoy your job, I feel like many people don't really understand, but I totally hear you.

Um, are you okay? This is not a normal thing to think about (as for the other guy, well, all I can say is that CFC is hardly a shining example of mental health).

Is it an anxiety thing, or do you actually like the idea of being dead?

I'm actually concerned that people are talking about eating Timbits.
Concerned? Man, if people still think you're yummy at your age…

<adds ‘still tastes yummy at his age’ to list of things to discuss in Timography>

I think I just accidentally invented time travel. I was running a video encode with Handbrake and the "time remaining" momentarily showed a time of negative one hour.

I regularly contemplate suicide, and sometimes for me it feels like it comes out of nowhere.
If you're actually serious about this, you need to talk to someone about it. Suicidal ideation is not something to trifle with.

I've spoken to people before, no one's really been able to make me feel different, I sort of just hear the same things over and over. Most counselors I've spoken to don't seem to understand I'm not going through a hard time, rather it's the opposite for me, everything's really good and I'm sort of afraid it'll all go away, and I feel like I'd rather end things on a high note than go through the pain of seeing my life dissolve, if I'm making sense? I guess my easiest way to explain it might be a fear of the future, I don't like where the world's going and I'm terrified of what things will be like in even just a few years. I thought it'd be easy for people to understand, or like how everyone might sort of feel the same way, don't you ever just feel like you'd like to close your eyes and not wake up? Disappear so you never have to think or worry any more? @PPQ_Purple's posts made a lot of sense to me, I thought it was interesting seeing someone's thoughts I could relate to.

I thought it was generally understood that clinical depression (or whatever this is) isn't particularly linked to "going through a hard time", and is more just the default state for certain people. I'm surprised that you haven't met any counsellors who seem to understand that.

Mostly I'm extremely upbeat and bubbly, almost to a fault, my weirdness seems confusing to people I've spoken to, but it's been a while so maybe someone new will see things differently. I don't have many signs of depression, like I don't struggle getting out or doing things.

Could it be anxiety or something? The worrying about the future makes me think of that, although I don't know much about anxiety.

I guess my easiest way to explain it might be a fear of the future, I don't like where the world's going and I'm terrified of what things will be like in even just a few years.

In that case, I suggest cutting yourself off from news media. That improved my state of mind drastically.

Oh yes, that's why I deleted my facebook account years ago, I can't handle that sort of thing, but I feel the rise of Trumpism is making things worse for me and harder to ignore, it's just everywhere.

I spoke to a counselor yesterday, she thinks I probably need medication, but I didn't get a local doctor referral, so I'm not entirely sure where to go, if this is something my regular doctor I see can prescribe for me or if I need to see a full psychiatrist.

Oh yes, that's why I deleted my facebook account years ago, I can't handle that sort of thing, but I feel the rise of Trumpism is making things worse for me and harder to ignore, it's just everywhere.

I spoke to a counselor yesterday, she thinks I probably need medication, but I didn't get a local doctor referral, so I'm not entirely sure where to go, if this is something my regular doctor I see can prescribe for me or if I need to see a full psychiatrist.
Did you speak to the counselor at a mental health clinic? Or maybe your doctor can give you a referral.

I got a new computer mouse and the safety information card warns me that the batteries might leak, even though it's a wired mouse.

It's also not intended for use by children under 14. I guess they're stuck with touchpads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom