Rant: Rap

Stop with the spam.

Sorry rap-hater, I just can't stand it when people don't read posts, and then moan about something. (In this case Abaddon).

Eminem, who the OP refers to as one of the worst rappers for violence and women-hating, possibly writes the best lyrics I have ever heard, Mockingbird, Like Toy Soldiers, Lose Yourself etc etc.

Are you serious?

How the heck is that racist.

I was pointing out whats wrong with generalising... racism comes from people generalising about a certain race of people as if they can be classified specifically purely on generalisation of thier race

I don't think computer sounds with someone hissing through a microphone is rhythm.

Ah, there we have the problem.. you obviously have heard a subgenre of Tencho Rap.. because i as never aware of computer sounds used in rap.. nor a rapper hissing...

Well you have a point, if Keith Richards isn't dead yet I'm living forever.

Hold on...I'm gonna finish checking my e-mails then I will proceed to angrily and relentlessly bite your head off for a couple things you said there. Just one minute. I'll get to it.
I knew this is going to happen :eek:.

Never rant about rap or you will get it :eek:.

I was pointing out whats wrong with generalising... racism comes from people generalising about a certain race of people as if they can be classified specifically purely on generalisation of thier race

Ah, there we have the problem.. you obviously have heard a subgenre of Tencho Rap.. because i as never aware of computer sounds used in rap.. nor a rapper hissing...

I've heard other rap before as well, not pretty.

As I said waaay above, everyone has perspectives, we cannot all have to same one. That was my rant, you guys can rant why you think rap is good for you.

d.highland said:
All the dimwits at my school who listen to rap, they walk around thinking they are 'gangsta' and then saying rap quotes to everyone.

And they are the only ones that listen to rap?

If they say rap-quotes, why does it annoy you? Get to know them, after that judge them.

I'm old and therefore I'm set in my ways. I think most rap is crap. That ganster garbage can go the way of the polka. Gang signs, cop killing, raping, drugs, nothing but anger, and all women are hoe's etc. Odd about how many of them end up dead. Even with some of the fight the power attitude on some rocker, when is the last time the Rolling Stones had a shoot out with Areosmith?

Very VERY few rappers are involved in the gun culture... and Areosmith enjoyed playing alongside Run DMC.. so arnt poles appart... drug/alcohol fueled deaths is in all music

Yes I am.

I'll call you Rappy.

Fine by me, I just won't call you by your name then.

And yours is for lask of a better choice of words, BS! Full of flaws, stereotypes and generalizations.

No flaw in my rant, since it is my perspective. You can't correct someone else's perspective, it is their's.

And they are the only ones that listen to rap?

If they say rap-quotes, why does it annoy you? Get to know them, after that judge them.

Not the only ones who listen to rap, I never said that.

Acoustic Guitar, Violin, etc etc. Electronic instruments ruin the art and culture of "music"

I suppose mp3s and modern recording techniques are similarly musical abominations.

Acoustic Guitar, Violin, etc etc. Electronic instruments ruin the art and culture of "music"

Electricity is an innovation, just like the caveman that was innovating by putting rhino skin over a hollow trunk, and tapping the skin.

Eminem, who the OP refers to as one of the worst rappers for violence and women-hating, possibly writes the best lyrics I have ever heard, Mockingbird, Like Toy Soldiers, Lose Yourself etc etc.

Is this really true? He generally raps about his estranged wife.. not women in general.

Top Bottom