RB Reload Request

When I was logged into the game and started to chat with another team, I missed that focus was not on the chat window but on our main stack of units. When typing, the stack promptly moved in a way that is significantly damaging to not only us but also a third party.

Realms Beyond would like to request a reload to the latest "RealmsBeyond" autosave, logged 17:45 CEST.

More details are available to the game admin in our forum and on request.

Please pause the game. Are there anyone against the request? Please comment as soon as possible either privately or here.

Anybody on the team have any issues / comments about this? It sounds like silence will mean consent pretty quickly here. Personally, I'm ok with the reload, though it is kinda pushing it since it boils down to asking for a reload for a misclick.

It is annoying because we were 15 minutes away from being able to log-in before the game was paused :(

we just must said that if Germans are ok with this we are ok... so letting the Germans be the bad guys.

we just must said that if Germans are ok with this we are ok... so letting the Germans be the bad guys.
Agree. The Germans are the ones at War with them, so they are the ones who would be damaged. It really should be up to them.

RB is going to win the War anyway, so asking for a reload because they didnt play absolutely perfect seems a little petty... but then again I don't know exactly what happened.

Personally I'm in favour of saying yes to these sorts of reload requests. The game takes a year; having your game messed up by a momentary misclick would be awful. I'd rather we beat them because we had a better strategy rather than because they had clumsy hands.

So Plako, if you're reading this, I think it's safe to say that our position is that we're ok with the reload if the Germans are ok with it, though some of us are skeptical of a "misclick reload".

On a personal note, I would love to get this taken care of quickly so we can resume with the game.

totaly against.

So Plako, if you're reading this, I think it's safe to say that our position is that we're ok with the reload if the Germans are ok with it, though some of us are skeptical of a "misclick reload".

On a personal note, I would love to get this taken care of quickly so we can resume with the game.

I wouldn't be so quick to call it a consensus...

I'm with bistrita here anyways. :)

Of course I agree that if someone is to win the game, it must be because of strong play and not because someone misclicked things.

Personally for me was surprising how our request for reload some 1-2 months earlier was given as example, when there was technical problem - game crashing to desktop and some hidden bug showing, turning us in to AI. It was not a misclick or human mistake of some kind.

to be honest... I am really surprised with the way this was handled...

the decision was made even before germans have said anything.

Have no good feelings about this. And I see there more worrying things said by plako then that about us...

if anything I would like next time:

1) more time before more teams can offer their input
2) more insight in the stand of teams regard this, especially the ones that are influenced the most

I see it as if there was no real harm done, why RB would like reload? So saying there was no real harm done by plako is shady at least...

I took a short look at here. Majority were favoring the reload at the time I looked. Only 1 was against.

If you think I should give full 24h or more to these desicions, I can also do that in the future.

You do know Alt-q automatically resigns you to AI - No questions asked. Of course technical glitch is possible, but this is still by far the most logical explation for what happened to 2Metra way back.

I took a short look at here. Majority were favoring the reload at the time I looked. Only 1 was against.

not sure how you mean this... but we as a democratic team need time to form decision and is not up to you to read the thread and make your assumption about our team decision when we're clearly not ready to give one out...

rushing decisions is not good way to handle this...

actually I have no input given before the decision was even made... clearly I am not the turnplayer or anything, but I hope my "vote" has the same wage as everyone else bothering to post and actually I would be against the reload if germans are against it too. and I would maybe even be against even without the germans viewing in.

Sommers was on the side of let germans speak first too.
Bistrita clearly against, Bowsling at Bistrita side

that means at least 3 people were against (me counted in) and 1 wanted input from germans, I see it as 3 people for granting the reload without questions?

What kind of "clear majority" you see here to make such assumption?

edit:

actually your actions don't make me feel like you search for "objectivity"... you clearly had to give all teams more time to weigh in with their input.

It was bistrita which game crashed and we were turned in to AI.

Also, we were sure back then it was not a misclick, because we were turned to AI like 2 minutes after bistrita was shown as logged out.

We should choose our fights carefully and this is one we shouldn't be fighting just to make it "fairer".

you're right and wrong at the same time :)

you're right that the situation doesn't heavily influence us

and wrong that it shouldn't bother us the way this was handled, since it seems to me like it was not handled the way it should work.

I feel like there was not much time given (like voting over weekend is really really bad, since tons of people were having free time with kids - me included etc), making assumption about team vote even if there was no clear decision made

I didn't see germans posting on the matter (do they care or not?) etc etc...

You were not directly affected by reload. You weren't even able to log in to the game at the time of the incident. I don't even understand why you would be against the realod.

The level of distrust in your team is too high for me to be able to continue. I'll resign.

Please, no need to get offended and no need to resign at all. It is not your fault the things went totally screwed.

Plus, you said yourself it is your first time being an admin. And I think you might well use this as experience instead of getting frustrated. Everyone knows that admin is thankless job :(

I have the same opinion as 2metra. Do not resign too quick.

I think one important question is whether you have something from German side, which made you accept the reload.

I didn't get anything from Germans, but situation is same as for you. They couldn't log in to the game and based on what I did see about the misclick RB didn't get any benefit from the reload and there were no battles that would have been reloaded.

To be frank I volunteered to this job and I did expect critisims concerning my actions, but when I see messages like this it is better to bow out:

actually your actions don't make me feel like you search for "objectivity"... you clearly had to give all teams more time to weigh in with their input.

Why would I continue when my objectivity is questioned and vranasm isn't even only one in your team having serious doubts. There seems to be quite a few thinking I'm here just to favor RB.

Top Bottom