RB18: Romanus eunt domus!

Rex Tyrannus said:
Here's my thinking:

1) Restart
2) Maybe two beavers this time
3) Natural 3cc.
4) Teamed with Barbs, always war.
5) Opponents: Rome, JPF (Saladin?) + Nobody else
6) Rome starts in the classical era, we start ancient, JPF starts ancient.
7) World-builder gives us Monotheism and holy city. JPF also jewish.
8) Rome gets three settlers. JPF gets two plus several archers.

The only people we hate more than the Romans is the f***ing Judean Peoples' Front! SPLITTERS!

Edit: Maybe JPF gets roads, aqueduct, wine, and sanitation?

Sounds great ! Let's do that ! :goodjob:

It does sound good to me, but I vote we also raise the difficulty level; Noble is far too low - my preference would be Monarch, but I'm fairly easy too.

Ah, well, the youth! Always seeking more excitement.
But brothers, and sisters, I will succumb to the majority and nod along. ;-)
It actually suits me fine, since I would be hard pressed to play today.

So we officially announce our victory on this one!

Dreylin said:
It does sound good to me, but I vote we also raise the difficulty level; Noble is far too low - my preference would be Monarch, but I'm fairly easy too.

I thought we already had raised it to Prince after my comment on it. Well I would Monarch give a go - I'm usually winning on Prince, not so on Monarch. Play & learn it would be then... How would raising the level affect the Barbs ? On higher levels they become more numerous and more fierce, but the AI gets higher bonuses against 'em on higher levels too. Seeing the Barb Power in this game we should not go below Monarch, but if we really grant the Ancient Techs to the Romans it may be difficult to go above - I think Emperor with a tech advantage for JC would be too much advantage to win it.

I really think that playing this one out might be fun but is in no way a challenge. Louis will fall next to the Barbs, and so will the others except Mansa. Whenever we help the Barbs with some units of our own the game is over. So I think brother mostly-harmless is right - I consider this game a win already too.

·Imhotep·

Hey all, I'll be gone this weekend so i'll be in communicado for a couple of days ~ meanwhile, perhaps ya'll (cough, cough REX cough, cough) can roll up a start w/the above parameters ~ I'm thikning maybe also worldbuilder Rome a half-a-dozen settlers?? I don't know . . . we ARE on prince, now, so monarch might be alright...if we get our asses handed to us..so much the better :clap:

it ain't RB if it ain't :crazyeye: variants

Yeah. Cough, cough Rex will roll up a start tonight. And we'll be having more than one stinkin' beaver, got it Pholkerella?

Ahem...anyone else checking in on the new game? Rome won't just roll over and play dead, you know. This sort of business takes men of action. Now, all in favor of setting up a commitee to determine feasability of checking in on the new game, say, "Aye."

in true pfj fashion, we had a gigantic 7 person Committee of Players, and the first turns only on post 60 :lol:

timon of athens, where art thou?

Top Bottom