RBCiv Conquests SG Discussion Thread

I'll get the Spanish game started soon too.

I'm thinking about these "style rules":
-- must completely eliminate 3 of the 4 native American civs (as was done historically)
-- can not declare war on Netherlands (which started this period as a Spanish colony)
-- if Netherlands declares war, must eliminate all Dutch cities in Europe (representing putting down the Dutch independence movement)
-- may not ally with any country in Europe with a Protestant government

And a bonus if no Protestant government reigns in Europe at the end of the game.

Demi-god is usually pretty easy in this scenario for Spain. But perhaps with these rules it will be reasonable? Opinions?

Gobi: I have not played this scenario as a European power but I will take your word for it as to the difficulty of the game but I think the added requirments may make up the difference. IF you still think it needs to be kicked up a notch I am not adverse to a diety game.

Just a warning to all of you starting this game...it is EXTREEMLY SLOW! :rolleyes: This is really to give the American cultures a chance to win, but still...

Oh, and I hope this isn't a spoiler, but since you can tell just by clicking on the options, I don't think it is:

Don't bother trying to use the other cultures tech/buildings...the cost to you is just insane.

I have a quick question before we kick off our scenario, regarding worker purchases. Standard RBCiv rules are not to take an AI below 2 workers early (first 50 turns, until they can build more). From Charis' initial post, it looks like everyone but Portugal starts with 3 (on the continent, anyway), so I think one worker per civ should be OK from the start, and then none for how long? 50 turns? The first 10-20 turns? With most starting cities having a granary, they should be able to build more workers quick (whether they will or not... :( ). There aren't any available at start, but I thought I would try to get a clarification, before we begin. My recommendation would be one purchase per civ is OK, at least for the first 20 turns.

Need a ruling please!

I am part of the Inca game, and well...we inadvertantly upgraded the game to 1.22. It seems a few of the fixes have come along with us as well, the 3 beaker scientists being the most obvious.

Should we play through or repeat our turns?

Thanks!

I apologize if I'm missing the obvious here, but what in version 1.22 changed the 3-beaker scientist? I thought that was just a standard part of C3C, I didn't know it changed in any of the patches. Was there a change?

I just checked an old save. We had three-beaker scientists before. I'm not sure 1.22 changed anything in the Conquests portion.

Wow, looks like that one was by the skin of your teeth! Portugal was within 255vp?? I've been trying to avoid the threads from the other games until ours is complete, but I HAVE to read that thread. ;)

Took the enamel right off the sharpened incisors of the temple virgins.

Had only one slave left to sacrifice....

If Portugal had won a naval battle on the way to delivering treasure...

Top Bottom