1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RBCiv Conquests SG Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Charis, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Rubberjello

Rubberjello Emperor

sic: Version level
    I know many people have multiple installs on their PCs, and so can play different versions as the occasion warrents. (Especially us PBEM'rs!!!)
    Maybe a vote could be cast when each thread starts up and people check in.

2. Justus II

Justus II General Staff

Wow, France is a LOT smaller than I remember! ;) I’ve opened the thread for RBC14C, the Cultural French, click here for a look at our situation, and to “check in” if you’re on the team. Per the sign-ups, that’s Cuivienen, romethemonk, and Grahamiam (welcome aboard!). After looking over the map, tech tree, and the prior discussion in this thread, I’m concerned this one might definitely be in the ‘Beyond’ category, but we’ll give it our best shot. I would like to keep both the civ-wide and single city options open, although I’m not sure a one-city without sacrifice is possible for a European civ.

3. Gobi Bear

Gobi Bear BreakAway Games

I'll get the Spanish game started soon too.

I'm thinking about these "style rules":
    -- must completely eliminate 3 of the 4 native American civs (as was done historically)
    -- can not declare war on Netherlands (which started this period as a Spanish colony)
    -- if Netherlands declares war, must eliminate all Dutch cities in Europe (representing putting down the Dutch independence movement)
    -- may not ally with any country in Europe with a Protestant government

And a bonus if no Protestant government reigns in Europe at the end of the game.

Demi-god is usually pretty easy in this scenario for Spain. But perhaps with these rules it will be reasonable? Opinions?

4. hotrod0823

hotrod0823 Deity

Gobi: I have not played this scenario as a European power but I will take your word for it as to the difficulty of the game but I think the added requirments may make up the difference. IF you still think it needs to be kicked up a notch I am not adverse to a diety game.

5. Aggie

Aggie Deity

6. Bede

Bede Deity

7. Kiech

Kiech King

Just a warning to all of you starting this game...it is EXTREEMLY SLOW! :rolleyes: This is really to give the American cultures a chance to win, but still...

8. Kiech

Kiech King

Oh, and I hope this isn't a spoiler, but since you can tell just by clicking on the options, I don't think it is:

Don't bother trying to use the other cultures tech/buildings...the cost to you is just insane.

9. akots

akots Poet

10. Justus II

Justus II General Staff

I have a quick question before we kick off our scenario, regarding worker purchases. Standard RBCiv rules are not to take an AI below 2 workers early (first 50 turns, until they can build more). From Charis' initial post, it looks like everyone but Portugal starts with 3 (on the continent, anyway), so I think one worker per civ should be OK from the start, and then none for how long? 50 turns? The first 10-20 turns? With most starting cities having a granary, they should be able to build more workers quick (whether they will or not... :( ). There aren't any available at start, but I thought I would try to get a clarification, before we begin. My recommendation would be one purchase per civ is OK, at least for the first 20 turns.

11. Charis

Charis Realms Beyond

Justus, nod one per civ should be fine, probably for 50 turns, but if a game wants to drop it down to 20, it probably wouldn't much matter.

Charis

12. Gobi Bear

Gobi Bear BreakAway Games

13. T-hawk

T-hawk Transcend

14. akots

akots Poet

Just to report that The Bloodthirsty Maya game finished by cultural win in Chichen Itza in 1595/1596AD on turn 105/106.

15. Kiech

Kiech King

Need a ruling please!

I am part of the Inca game, and well...we inadvertantly upgraded the game to 1.22. It seems a few of the fixes have come along with us as well, the 3 beaker scientists being the most obvious.

Should we play through or repeat our turns?

Thanks!

16. T-hawk

T-hawk Transcend

It's up to you guys; do it whichever way you want. The RBC succession games aren't any kind of competition; there isn't anything to invalidate by repeating the turns or playing onward on version 1.22.

17. Justus II

Justus II General Staff

I apologize if I'm missing the obvious here, but what in version 1.22 changed the 3-beaker scientist? I thought that was just a standard part of C3C, I didn't know it changed in any of the patches. Was there a change?

18. Sir Bugsy

Sir Bugsy Civ.D.

I just checked an old save. We had three-beaker scientists before. I'm not sure 1.22 changed anything in the Conquests portion.

19. Kiech

Kiech King

Thought it went from 2 to 3 in the last patch. No worries.

20. Bede

Bede Deity