RBD SG6 - The Benevolent King

IT 1840AD: Hey, let's win this thing by the vote! We can trounce old Otto, give him the "Biz"! :lol:

1842AD: OOPS. Catherine is our opponent? How did that happen?

1846AD: The Benevolent summons his War Secretary.

"WHY ARE WE NOT ATTACKING THE IROQUOIS?"

"Uh... Your Majesty? There are no more Iroquois."

"Oh." ... ... ... "Well then, why aren't we attacking India???"

"I'll get right on that for you, Sire."

1860AD:

Attachments

• rbd6-huit.jpg
    rbd6-huit.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 535
* Eliminated Hiawatha.

* Conquered most of India.

* Rushed Manhatten Project at Crystal Lake.

* Built Apollo Program and first three Ship Components.

* Upgraded all front line or core defenders.

* Moved Carrier Stack o Doom next to Germany.

* Used HuitHuit to rush the hospital at Salamanca. (No use saving leaders at this point).

* Topped off the tank for temples at key locations. (Left low priority crackhouse sites to fend for themselves).

* Blew our treasury.

* Most cities are on Wealth. (We do not need any more units).

* Nukes are under construction. (Keep Schnarrd AWAY from the Red Button, plz :p ).

* Egypt and Russia went to War. I gave Cleo some rubber to defend herself with.

* Ecology due in two turns, need Mass Transit as top priority at any city over size 12.

* Still a long way to Tipperary. Try to keep our science going, don't attack any of our allies, and don't plan any major naval invasions. Sit on the vote, we're going for the launch!

Charis <<<< UP NOW

Please let me know after you CLICK HERE to download the save from my website, so I can erase it. (Yes, it's over 300k).

- Sirian

* Nukes are under construction. (Keep Schnarrd AWAY from the Red Button, plz :p ).

Well, I am on deck, right? :nuke:

1860 AD (0) - I sorta miss Hiawatha... NOT! :hammer:

Countdown for launch is the mode. (The load time on this save file is
not a good sign). I must admit though, total puzzlement as to why
we would be making nukes, and the King has a brilliant idea! "Why not
convert this production capability into spaceship components when we're
finished with our research!" "Great idea sire!! (cough, don't you think
was their intention, cough)" "What was that cough?" "Nothing sir, nothing!"
"The nukes are due in 3 and 9, while no space tech due for 7 to 12 turns"
"No nukes will be made on my watch, squire!"

Hmmm... it's a rough world out there! Three foes dispute our benevolence?
China, Germany AND India all at war with this peaceful realm of ours.
And that's one hairy alliance chart. :rolleyes:

1862 AD (1) - India and China sign up vs Russia. One MORE alliance.
Next Egypt and China vs France. Oh my, does the world ever need benevolence!
Wait there's more! Japan and India vs Egypt.

1862 AD (2) - India and Germany come to peace.

Happy Day, we learn the wisdom of Ecology! [party]
Cities celebrate by instituting Mass Transit systems! We turn our
attention now to Synthetic Fibers to aid the space program (cough,
Modern Armor).

1864 AD (3) - Would I like to hold elections for Secretary General??
Oh no, thank you. No doubt my benevolence would shine like a beacon
to the world, but I must reject such an anti-monarchy system.

After such an offer though, the King does wonder... what ARE we
fighting about anyway? Is it due to an alliance? Yes, France vs Germany(7),
China(10) and India(0), Russia vs Germany(4) and China(10), Egypt vs India(10).

Here comes the assault on Karachi. I note the abundance of elites in the
area, and sure enough... Chimalpopla arises from the Chaos!! :hammer:
Let's see... 3 armies unused and unfilled... nah. Maybe it can rush a space-
ship part. They're "non-rushable", but if like wonders, perhaps. Still,
our production is not lacking but our research. Cure for Cancer would be
MOST benevolent, but a real side-track from a tech perspective. We send him
home to Xenalia to ponder his next move.

India is really thin, with about 10 troops for six cities. Our mech
takes out his last rifle in Karachi, and we capture Magellan's voyage!

Pressing the attack we sieze New Delhi, losing one tank. Pune is next,
and we call over the army from HAMMERTOWN to the new capital, New Bangalore.

1866 AD (4) - Russia and China come to peace terms.

Pune crumples when we look at it. We found a city, with our OWN citizens,
on their turf. "Enya"

Hammer's Army and two tanks roll over New B', and we're down to two Indian
cities - New Lahore and Cherbourg. Er... one... New Lahore had just one
defender. Er... India goes the way of Iroquois.

The very last battle is a bit of a giggler... Mech Inf vs Spear.

valley of the Stars has our air force.

1868 AD (5) - Germany and Japan come to peace.
1870 AD (6) - Fill in a few border 'holes' in ex-India, ie the town
of "Benevolent Shores"

That evens up the years and I'll stop here.
Treaties left: France vs China for 7, Egypt and Japan none, Russa vs Germany
just one turn. So we can have peace vs Germany next turn if we want,
and with China shortly after that.
- The science slider is temporarily high, oscilating. Keep treasury over 1000.

Good luck, (leader, army, troops, we got all you need)
Scharrd, you're up :p (Jester on deck)
Charis

Got it!

Now that the holiday is over, I want to get this game back on track toward completion.

Schnarrd? Can you post your turn -before- Thursday?

Yes, playing now. (If you've been following CC1, you know what a rough week I've had. You guys could have skipped me, but apparently everybody's been pretty busy!)

Yep, that was the highlight of an otherwise dull turn. Cleo is now in bed with Mao. She allied against us! In response, I got Cathy to ally against Cleo for furs. May Cleo be scr*wed like the, uh, loose woman she is. Neither Cleo nor Cathy have rubber, although there is a source unconnected along their shared border. Consequently, the next ruler could sell rubber to Cathy for a massive wad of cash if he so desires.

Otherwise, not much happening. Synthetic Fibers in one, most of our cities on wealth.

Good luck, Jester!

Okay, there's just no way. I remember these turns, and I won't have that kind of time until next week, presuming I want to keep sleeping and eating.

Pass me by on this one as well. Hopefully, it's all just caretaking until launch anyway.

Jester

Ok, thanks for the bump, I missed this.

Got it.

I won't play it until tomorrow morning, though.

Been playing Dungeon Siege tonight, and am too annoyed to play 8-0. Full rant on RBD.

I should have just reloaded Outcast or TR4 and had some real fun....

--Cy

especially outcast. dang i miss that game. got to get the cd's back from my cousin. what a great game. but i digress...

Ahhh, I love the smell of modern armor in the morning…

This is the first time I’ve had modern armor in a looooong while. My solo games are pacifist defend-only builder games, and my RBD SG’s have either had restrictions or been over by the time modern armor came along. In this game, we have the definitive tech lead, but are still researching slowly enough to stretch this one out for the space race. After playing DS last night, I was NOT in the mood to just hit the space bar 5 or 10 times, which is all winning requires in this game anymore. So, erm, I went berserk.

Sociopath, that’s me 8-0.

Upon opening the game I went looking for the victim of my misplaced aggression. My first choice was Germany. One turn to Synth Fibers, one turn to upgrade, and (eeep!) 6 turns for the transports to travel to Germany? What, set things up so the NEXT player gets all the fun? Pshaw! Hmmm. Everyone else is in Communism but Japan. They are in Monarchy. Monarchy? That is our gig! Hmm. The people of Japan prefer Monarchy, eh? Yet they know not the glories of Mayan Monarchy! It is time to show our benevolence by liberating the people of Japan from their oppressive Monarchy and allow them to lead lives of fulfillment under the most glorious Mayan Monarchy! Even better, our ROP with Japan expires in 2 turns, which is how long it will take to get Modern Armor on their border. This is indeed a sign we are destined to be the liberators of Japan!

1882. Preparations for Japans glorous liberation.

1884. We end our ROP with Japan. Violently. 6 Japanese cities are taken or raised. We bribe dear Joan (oops, wrong game) to be our ally.

1886. Dear Joan gets in the friggin way, and only 1 city is taken by us, though France claims a city. I need to have a chat with that woman…

1888. 5 cities fall to our army of liberation.

1890. 2 new cities rejoice at the benevolence of our Monarchy. The days of Japan’s amusing monarchy are numbered. I have been unable to get Cleo out of bed with Mao (I tried dumping cold water on them), so I take a new direction. A suicide invasion of the Chinese mainland is prepared. If I can’t get them out of bed, I will break the bed! It has been 5 turns, but I am not stopping now. I use bombers out of Cherbourg (on the southern tip of former India) to isolate the suicide target.

1892. The forces of our glorious Monarchy liberate Japan and the grateful people become one with the mighty Mayans. Our suicide invasion is a fantastic success, as we exploit the weakness of the turn-based system to run our transports past the Chinese fleet, and land our troops before the transports are sunk. We take the isolated city, and rename it Bed Breaker to signify our intent. Being a modern sort of Monarchy, and having just had our entire navy on this front sunk in our invasion, I rush in an Airport, due next turn.

Sirian: This game is a hoot. I tried to pay back some of the city micro you guys always do for me with about an hour’s worth of moving troops for the takeover. You are mid-war with 3 nations.

Egypt. I have ignored Cleo except for navy battles. We have won some and lost a lot. More Battle Wagons would be nice.

Germany. Same old bomb-from-carriers interdiction as was going on with my last turn. When I took this game Cathy was on the offensive, but Biz started pushing her back, so just before the handoff I sold her rubber for 1/3 her treasury to try to keep the stalemate going.

China. :cool:. Mao is in serious trouble, he just does not know it yet. You have a beachhead city in Bed Breaker, which has 15 Modern Armor, 1 Mech Infantry, and our entire land airforce in it, with all roads cut leading up to it. Airport due next turn. You are cut off entirely by sea as our fleet is on the other side of the globe. Our land army is in Chicken Itch waiting for the airport to come in in Bed Breaker. I don’t have an exact count, but it looks like about 50-60 Modern Armor and 1 or 2 dozen mech infantry in Chicken Itch. I DO so love turning over a raised hammer to Sirian or Charis or Jaffa :cool:. Hammer time!

Allies:

France. Just bound her to a new ROP and Alliance against China. Joan is at the bottom of my list :cool:.

Cathy. Started my turn strong, but then started losing ground back, even though our carrier air force is hosing up Germany. I sold her rubber on my last turn, trying to preserve a stalemate here.

In general: Check the histograph, wow what a move lately by our glorious monarchy :cool:. We are closing in on 100k culture, but 2x all others seems a bit distant. OTOH, I don’t think china will survive Sirian…. It is on two islands, though; might be time to make a few paratroops or load those transports. Sorry I lost our fleet in that arena on the suicide charge :cool:. It goes without saying we are broke…

It is almost worth the download to look at the troop stack in Chicken Itch.

All hail the Glorious Monarchy of the Mayans!

--Cy

ps--the crash problem was due to an army that had somehow unloaded itself and turned into crash unit from hades--deleting the empty army did the trick (so to speak)

Cy went nuts? :eek: CY??? :eek:

Schnarrd I would have expected. :lol: But Cy??? :eek:

Um... one problem. ACE file? What am I supposed to do with that?

- Sirian

I'm still up in this game but my time has passed beyond "late". If Charis is ready to play, feel free to jump in there and skip me, I won't be getting to this one tonight either. Still have to finish a grueling report from LOTR2.

- Sirian

Schnarrd, where be ye? If Sirian's skipped, which he has been, you'd be up.

But you're now WAY over, unless I'm mistaken.

Which means the game is mine.

Feel free to claim it before the day is out, maybe this bump will point it out to you.

If not, it's mine.

Jester

Schnarrd has been missing from the 5 Iro city game for over a week also, he may show up but I'd plan to play tonight Jester if I were you (just a FYI). :)

Top Bottom