RBGC SG2 - In the Thick of It - TEAM E

For the record, could you explain your reasoning here? Is your goal to roll through the opponent in at most, one year? If so, I'd think you'd need a larger invasion force.

I normally like to end my wars in one turn, but i realize that we are probably not going to do that. Anyways i think 20B would be enough to take out the Altarians (with our +36% soldering ability) maybe a few B more is needed.

We do probably need around 7B more to take the Torians.

The Realms in Training; Wagons and Boats; Goodies Join Capital Crew

Another cycle passes, another puissant Grymlaird TBC ascends the Obsidian Throne, and there is much rejoicing :nya: . Witness the following little domestic scene...

Majordomo: Sire, the 50 gallons of "Enemy Blood" for your bath have arrived.

TBC: Do I detect a touch of irony, Killian? Remember what they say about "whistling in the graveyard while digging one's own grave!"

Majordomo: Not at all Sire. It's just that it was hard to identify the Enemy du'jour, so much so that it was necessary to execute 10,000 of our soldiers to fill the order.

TBC: And how is this a problem? We plan invasions with BILLIONS of soldiers, what's 10K more or less? The Drengin have it all wrong with their Death Furnaces -- the executed really should be put to better use. And what better use is there than the pleasure of my person?

Majordomo: None Sire.

Goals
1. Research Hyperspace
2. Build (more, better) Battleships
2. Build more (Combat) Transports to carry at least 20G troops

Wealth is fleeting, but not this year :lol:

January
Improved Environment Control (320bc) is researched for more population boost. All planets currently building Battleship have their social queues set to Shipyard. All worlds currently building Economic Exchange (one of the pricey, "none of the above, what shall I build now?" projects) switch to Anti-matter Power Plant. 100% Social spending.

Trading...

Code:
They:
 800 Gravity Mastering		DR  TO  AL  AR  cr  ax
 400 Corvette Technology	DR  TO  AL  AR
 250 Defensive Phasers		DR  TO  AL
1000 Cultural Trade		DR  TO

We:
 350 Nanobots (1)
1000 Genetic Mapping (2)
1000 Organic Piecing
 300 Nano-Frequency Electronics
 200 Zero Gravity Manufacturing
 100 Stellar Cartography
(1) Our enemies need not benefit from Soldiering +10% -- off the table.
(2) We've completed the associated wonder, so this is a trade possibility.

Here's what I decide,

DR: Give Organic Piecing; Get Cultural Trade, 113ip
TO: Give Organic Piecing; Get Gravity Mastering, 115ip
DR: Give Nano-Frequency Electronics; Get Defensive Phasers, 118ip

Both sold techs are earlier prerequisites for the others and thus, relatively safe to trade.

Scan the tactical map and mark with Rally Points, any remaining visible resources and bases.

-- Anomaly boosts our Morale +2%. Torians declare war on the Drengin. In the election, we retain control with 61 votes. A Research Lab, and Shipyard complete.

February
A Resource Refinery (Military +5%) is added to our Starbase.

-- The Yor and Drengin cease their fussin' and feudin'. The remaining Shipyards complete.

March
All planets that finished Shipyards are tasked with constructing Anti-matter Power Plants. Spending is adjusted: 50% Research, 50% Military, 48% Taxes.

-- The Drengin finish their Manufacturing Capital. Improved Environment Control is learned.

April
Hyperspace (1000bc) is researched. Nesro I builds a Constructor, which is dispatched to our Starbase. Spending is adjusted: 25% Military. A Mining Barracks (Military +3%) is added to our Starbase.

May
-- Hyperspace is learned.

June
Molecular Medicine (2000bc) (Morale, Soldiering +10%) is researched. Spending: 25% Military, 46% Taxes. Unukalhai I builds Freighter (due next) to connect our #4 route. We note that a Yor Economy base was destroyed (possibly by Sharky). Relations with Altaria fall to Wary -- giving them Nano-Frequency Electronics (previously sold) sends them back to Cool.

[continued...]

[...continuing]

July
The Freighter departs Unukalhai destined for Drengin Dester. A Mining Headquarters (Military +6%) is added to our Starbase.

-- We have reached the Medium Espionage milestone with all the AI.

August
Intelligence reports now show that the Goodies are working on the Battlewagon tech for themselves,

The Constructor departs Gladstone for our Starbase.

-- Molecular Medicine is learned. Petroni completes a Transport.

September
Reinforced Hulls (220bc) (HitPoints +10%) is researched. Spending: 70% Military, 45% Taxes. Now, BOTH the Altarians and Torians are Wary of our buildup.

-- The Arcean finally complete their Economic Capital. The Carinoids have been busy themselves,

Reinforced Hulls is learned. Our next Battleship rolls off the Wardell yards.

October
Mega Phasers is selected for research but with no funding -- the Military gets all (100%) of the budget to hasten the completion of our next wave of Battleships. The Wardell yards are now tasked to build a Combat Transport. The Unukalhai Freighter is dispatched to Torian space and Unukalhai starts building a Battle Cruiser. The Hyper Mining (Military +8%) module is added to our Starbase.

-- Three more Battleships are completed.

November
All of the above empty Shipyards are set to build Combat Transports. Altarian Republic are now downright Hostile -- let 'em stew! :p However as a precaution, one of Rathra's Battleships is sent to our Starbase.

-- Unukalhai's Freighter arrives at Drengin Dester. Two more Battleships are completed.

December
The Wardell yards have had a change in management -- the Combat Transport is nixed in favor of another Battleship. Nesro, a low production world similar to Unukalhai, also is set to build a Battle Cruiser. We also have a spare Freighter orbiting the Torian homeworld. Both the Torians and Altarians have finished researching Battleship Technology and Altaria has learned Interstellar Marketing (500bc) as well. We may need to strike quickly while our window of opportunity remains.

-----
Notes
When we decide to tech to Dreadnoughts, be sure to pick up the enabling techs for Starship Foundry (High Density Metals, Instant Communication, 1D Phasing, Tri-Strontium Alloy, Large Scale Building) too. Build Foundries at all our best worlds -- the ones with the Shipyards ;) . I see that my successor is chafing at the bit for action :rocket: so...

Cry Haddock! and let slip the :fish: of War! :rolleyes:

Be seeing you...

---> TBC (Tallying Bath Costs)

RBGC SG2 - Team E - January 2187AD

Aviator looked deep into the eye of his first engineer "What the hell's the problem chief?" he roared.

"Headwinds, Sir. It'll be at least 14:00 GMT before we get the enemy is sight" Scotty replied.

Aviator slowly and carefully enunciated "If I don't bathe in the blood of my enemy tonight, I'll use yours"

Aviator stormed off to attend to some pressing business with some slaves.

Aviator

I've been thinking about this for awhile now but never really put it into practice. If you see the Torians and Altarians both researchng battleship, why wouldn't you let them research for a few turns allowing them to waste the research, then turn around and trade it to them. They will get it anyway, but this way you get something else out of the process?

Just curious. Thanks.

TBC - good run - it seems you have got us ready to do some ass kicking.

Brackard - you have a point, definately worth considering.

Well i'm afraid i haven't been planning well enough. I'm going away for a week this friday. So i probably won't be able to play my turns for the next week. I'm terribly sorry about this and i should of course have thought about this when i joined.

Not a problem Aaberg. Skips are a normal part of succession gaming. Too bad you may miss the butt-kicking part of the game, but thems the breaks. We can also allow you to swap turns with either me or Isit (provided Aviator doesn't kill all the alien scum :lol: ) to let you get some :hammer: in before your departure.

Damn...thats the best offer i have had this month :D

I would love to, but i wouldn't want to take the fun away from you guys (and the next 2-3 days i'm going to be almost without any access time at all), but thanks anyway.

Aviator studies the galactic chart with mild amusement. Our forces are ideally placed to annihilate the Torian insects by mid year he muses thoughtfully. “Chief” he commands “Form 3 battle groups and set out for these 3 Torian systems”. Scotty looks on with awe “By your command” he replies.

“And tell the procurement to stop building combat transports, we have enough” Aviator barks at the retreating form.

Battle group A from Rathna and Wardel are sent to Attack Artemis
Battle group B from Vesta attacks Titus
Battle group C from Sol and Gladstone attack Ditla

The Drengin will apply "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" rule and won’t attack our unprotected rear. It’s the altarians we need to look out for, but they won’t be able to respond quickly enough.

Send a spare defender to shadow that cruiser in the Rathra quadrant.
Change the research to basic repair, fine tune to get that in a month.

another pic
another pic

Jan

Fleets move towards assembly points

Feb

Influence factors turn world red. All those taxpayers are now in ships, however the drendin influence superiority is only minor and we should be able to keep those planets.

Basic repair in. select Adv repair next in 2 +
Various pieces of military hardware arrive off the ramps
Fleets move

Mar

Some more odd bits of military hardware arrive
Economy cannot sustain this level of maintenance and military spending is slashed.
Fleet moves.

Apr

Constructor will obviously miss any resource so re-direct.
Many frigates noticed in Torian space and in Drengin space
Actarians go Hostile

May

Yor build Econonic Capital
Peace is declared between Torian and Drengin factions, do they know we are coming? Invasion is unstoppable now as our fleets are poised to attack.
another pic
another pic
another pic

June

Advanced Repair arrives and Transporters is selected
Frigate arrives at Rathra

D-day dawns clear an bright. Invade Invade Invade
First invasion takes out their capital successfully with enough resources left over to go for their 4th system.
Second invasion is also highly successful although there are a couple of frigates parked just outside orbit which will be a problem if they react. Battle cruisers are sent to reinforce the area.
Third invasion is stalled by the presence of too much junk orbiting the target and must be left a month for our forces to take out later.

Do we want to attack?

Yes!
another pic

Artemis

another pic

Falls
another pic

another pic

Ditla

another pic

A side benefit

Titus
another pic
ends in stalemate
another pic

July
Reports
another pic

Ready for the final push
another pic
The enemy attempts a counter attack
another pic

Aug

Battle cruisers are sacrificed to the frigates but our battleship protects the transports.
Alexians build an economic capital

September
The finale

another pic
another pic
Success at last.

First Anti matter comes in
Final invasion fleet is ready, reserves are turned about for dealing with the next target.
Hero takes out the Torian equivalent, and our ‘parked’ freighter is sent to the Yor homeworld (anything to help the economy)

Oct

Peace breaks out between the Drengin and the snivelling Altarian
Transporters arrive and Interstellar Marketing is selected as a route to an economy boost.
Influence of Drengin on our planets is a major concern and influence inspiring social projects and taxpayers are desperately needed. However the Drengin are now NEUTRAL.

another pic

The Economy is of major concern! are their any improvements we can get rid of or what?
Our military support is high of 192 maintenance 120 goes on B/ships and transports, and there are a surfeit of Cultural exchange centres in captured Torian worlds which are draining the local economy and would save 20 credits but may make our worlds in Drengin space even more vulnerable. There are also 5 shipyards which could go but only cost 5 credits, No conclusion reached maybe spending will have to be reduced.

Nov

Economic Exchange built, anything will do nicely, and a couple of anti-matter plants,
Fleet organised and starts to move towards the next target, providing we don’t go bankrupt before it happens,

Yor submit! And provide us with small change.

Dec

Move fleet
Deals:
Alexians: corvettes for Hi-density metals
Carinoids: corvettes for Advanced Eng
Arcean: Molecular Medicin for Tri-Strontium Alloy
Drengin: Molecular Medicin for Alliances

Jan
The current state

The game is here

The Game

Aviator quietly slips away to oil his sword before the blood of his enemies tarnishes the glint of finely honed steel.

"Steel is strong because it has felt the heat" he murmurs.

The evil Bam-Bam (you know, the one with the goatee) returns to the helm of the evil Realms Beyond. He almost slips to his death..

"What's this on the floor? Did TBC spill his blood bath?"

"No sire, it is a present from the outgoing General Aviator! See--Torian Blood!!!"

"Aha! Good show! But they were only slightly snivelling do-gooders! Time for the root of all goodness--those whiney panzy Alterians!

"Yes Sir!"

Right, off we go.

January

Oh look, our pseudo-evil monkey boy wishes to give us a present!

Influence, schminfluence. Monkey boy knows what real influence is...

Or perhaps he is afraid that we will take his planets while he is off on holiday?

Ladies and Gentlemen--let me introduce you to the Veto Stamp.
Military spending stopped--what do we need constructors for anyway??
Social spending is the order--get those teleporters up NOW, we need the population for the neutral/pseudo-evil invasion. Begin the troop gathering for Alteria!

Oh look, another present from the morality gods...

February

Some social builds complete. More troop movement, and we keep the Senate with 75 "votes".

March

:lol: Monkey-boy is warmed up to us. Further proof that evils only respect the sword. Teleporters complete on one planet.

Oh look, the collective have taken up a collection. :lol

April

Skobo completes teleporters. Have to dial down spending as the Drengin "please don't kill me" money runs out.

May

Bloody bible thumpers!

Lucky! The fundies were too afraid to come knocking---guess they heard what we did to the Jehovah's Witnesses...

This should keep even Aviator's influence fears away for a bit.

Would someone take out the trash? At least these knuckleheads took out the Yor and sucked up half the Drengin worlds...

Gladstone III, Petroni, and Artemis I complete teleporters, and Rathra (our manufacturing capital) completes the Hyperion Manufacturing Center.

The snivelling Altarians complete the Restaurant of Eternity (isn't that what that goodie-goodie Sirian calls his web page? :p )

June

Many teleporters, an econ exchange, etc. Socail spending--blah blah blah...Emperor Bam-Bam drifts off amongst a sea of reports...

"Sire! The Admiralty reports that our fleet is in position!"

:evil: "Finally! Some news worth hearing! Commence the attack!"

Scratch one evil protocol droid...

"Don't ask stupid questions."

"Sire, what about the Senate?"

"If you hadn't brought me the news of the fleet, you'd be with that protocol droid. Now get me the 5 party senators that voted against war!!"

Scratch one goodie-goodie planet.

And another.

Oh yeah--we are about BUILDING stuff, right?

Notice the shiny new protocol droid.

July

More stuff gets built (yawn). Troops moving in to next goodie planet. The goodies counter with a corvette (silly goodies, corvettes are for drivin' not fightin')

August

Three down, one to go.

Our spies learn Energy Focusing while rummaging through the Altarian bodies. I up taxes and change the military builds on high pop planets to combat transports. Another Altarian corvette counter :lol:

September

More building

Even with absolutely horrible conditions and generalship we manage to prevail!

That lousy general did not suitibly die in battle, so he is ordered home and summarily executed.

The end of the major good forces in the galaxy.

Spending shifted to military/research--staying in the black and timing Interstellar capitalism to complete in 2.

October

Five combat transports (probably enough for the game) complete.

November

Interstellar Capitalism completes. Research turned off. I tweak the military builds--battleships here, death knights there, a couple of battle axes, battle hammers, and some constructors to grab the Yor resources freed up by the bible thumpers.

Monkey boy loves us so much, he sends another freighter, and the Arceans join the Drengin pile on the Alexians.

December

:sleep: Troop movement.

End of Year 2183

We have 5 combat transports. Four of them are in orbit (to keep the population working and paying taxes) at the following locations: Vesta, Sol, Gladstone, and Petroni. The launched combat transport is from Thuban.

Veteran battleships and regular transports are on autopilot towards our border with Monkey Boy. These ships, plus the Battleships/frigates/death knight on the ways, will be more than enough for monkey boy's fleet. We may want to research a couple of weapons techs or one or more of the soldiering techs available before we attack (but after the death knight completes in 3 turns), but it is not necessary.

Good luck to Isit!

Evil rules!

Current Roster:
Bam-Bam (just played)
Isit
Aaberg
TBC
Aviator

Isit, if you can get the game and report quickly, then Aaberg can take a turn. If not, then can you switch? Your call.

BTW--great playing with you folks. I highly doubt that the game will come back to me, unless we go for style points and take out the fundies? :hammer:

Nice work mon general .:) Interesting when wild cards like the fundies turn up, good break for us though.

A quick death to monkey boy and toad face :shotgun:

Aviator

Wow...you guys finished of all the do-gooders :suicide:

and what a lucky break we had with those fundies.

I will be off-line for the 18 hours and then have probably 4-6 hours online before i finally diseappear :help:

I exams in most of my classes this week. I can take my turn by tomarrow morning. Aaberg, if that isnt soon enough for you to get your turn in then go ahead and switch with me. :) Just give a yell when you start else I will plan to get mine in as quick as I can. :)

I highly doubt that the game will come back to me, unless we go for style points and take out the fundies?
Sytle is everything. :cooool: I think it might be fun to take out all the minor races before taking out the last major.

Originally posted by Brackard
I've been thinking about this for awhile now but never really put it into practice. If you see the Torians and Altarians both researchng battleship, why wouldn't you let them research for a few turns allowing them to waste the research, then turn around and trade it to them. They will get it anyway, but this way you get something else out of the process?

Just curious. Thanks.

Well... They had nothing I wanted, only Corvette Technology which was simple enough to research ourselves if we felt the need. Combined with our recent house rule of "no more trades for cash" would mean selling Battleship Technology to the Goodies for beaucoup influence points. This didn't seem right :crazyeye:

TBC

My goals for this year:

1. Finish off monkey boy

2. Begain seting up to take out the Arcean Empire

Jan 2189

Canceled movement orders on all ships and reordered them to form three groups on the Drengin boarder. One for each system monkey boy owns.

Feb 2189

The Drengin give us a gift of money. How sweet of them.

Ship movement continues

March 2189

Battleship and deathknight built. They are ordered to proceed to the rally points. Combat transports launched and ordered to the rally points. Spending set to 50% military and 50% research. Research started on 1D phasing.

April 2189

Research complete on 1D phasing. Starting on 2D phasing. More ships finish building and join our invasion fleet.

May 2189

Research complete on 2D phasing. Started on large scale building. More ship movement.

June 2189

More ship movement

July 2189

Large scale building complete. Started on 3D phasing.

Combat fleet assembled. Launched to their target worlds.

Augest 2189

The fundies send us a freighter.

More ship movement

September 2189

Research complete on 3D phasing. Research started on disputers.

First strike force arrives at their capital planet. We find a deathknight in orbit. Since it is in orbit it is slightly stronger then the deathknight in our fleet but our backup battleships should allow us to blast through.

November 2189

The Drengin declare war on the fundies… kind of a stupid move considering the fleets we have parked next to their star systems.

Our grand offensive is ordered!

Markus falls to our forces!

The deathknight is blown out of the sky at Dester but it will take a turn or two more to blow through the other junk ships in orbit.

Our military starbase gets the ultra mining module.

December 2189

Disputers complete. Started on mega phasers.

We got star democracy from our conquest of Markus.

Gauss falls to our troops!

Dester falls to our troops!

Thus ends the the threat of the Drengin Empire. :goodjob:

Our fleets are ordered to the Arcean boarder.

We got exotic alloys and organic armor from our conquests of Drengin worlds.

January 2190

Mega phasers completed. Started on anti-matter weapons.

Several more ships built and left in orbit.

The Galactic Counsel met and voted down a ban on terror stars.

Game saved and zipped.

Notes:

Our economy is hurting just a bit but will probably hold up until the end of the game.

A few of the Drengin worlds are lacking most basic improvements. Due to this some of them have moral problems.

We have two combat transports and two low population Arcean worlds to take down. We probably won’t need any more ships or transports to finish the game unless we want to wipe out a few minor races.

On the save game screen it lists us as 12 turns from a cultural victory even though I hadn’t gotten the popup yet. This will probably be messed up with the next load but we need to watch it. Remember we need a military victory. If I am not mistaken all we need to do to abort the cultural victory is be at war so if nothing else we can just go pick on a minor to prevent it.

The map:

The game:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/rbgc2-e-2190.zip

Good luck to the next leader! :D

My Man! :D
Now that is what I call some fine a** kicking :cool:
With a couple of invasion rolls that were on the sweaty palms side of tight, and never passed a comment :smoke:

I do love this team :beer:

Aviator

Top Bottom