Discussion in 'Civ6 - Unreleased Mods' started by Infixo, Apr 4, 2017.
What do you mean?
1.1 is great enhancement with frequency adjustment.
Also very appreciated your plans for future reaction choices on desasters.
BTW, is there any chance to adjust loudness of warning signals? Tried to find out, but it didn't seem to be aligned with major sound controls.
As I'm playing Civ very silent, I'm getting kind of 'WAKE-UP' with your mod's warning signals.
Like is their a place on CIVfanatics I can download your mod without using steam
@chrisgatt7 It's attached to the first post of this thread.
This is a custom sound called by a game's routine. Are you saying that when you turn down loudness of sound effects, it won't go down while other sounds in game will?
Btw, the wake-up effect is intentional, I wanted the sound to be scary a little...
My ingame sound is allready on 40-50 %, if I downgrade any more there is nothing more to hear instead your scary wake-up effect in full scale. Let's say it's cool once or twice, but the more I have to hear it, the more I do get annyed. Plus, the loudness is on a level that I do not want my neighbours to panik about. Please fix this or at least bind it toward sound effect controls or any other level, so it's a bit more acceptable with the game sounds. Let us adjust the level we have to hear.
Well, I cannot turn it down, neither. Only master volume works. Unfortunately I dont know how to force the game to recognize these sounds as sound effects and apply audio settings to them. I'm using the same settings as DLCs but somehow it's not working.
@Gedemon & others
I've played with AssetPreview object a little and managed to create a real wildfire
There are several really interesting animations. I could do a really nice meteor hit and volcano eruption. Flood is difficult as I found only 1 effect, AnimatedWater which looks cool on inside tiles, but its not nice on the edges. I could probably do earthquake as a series of small smoke-type explosions. No idea for tsunami - no waves, can't even find the waves that are displayed on the coastal waters (could enlarge them).
Wow that looks amazing bro... that is outstanding work ... the developers need to pay attention too you !!!
Is it possible to have effect for other disasters. Camera shaking for eathquakes, lava flows for volcano eruprtions etc.
Well, if you create them in some 3D software, etc. What's on the picture is the effect already available in the game.
What about camera shaking when earthquake occurs. It`s amplitude may depend on magnitude of disaster.
There's no animation like this... Unless you mean that the entire screen would shake? Could be possible if I figure out how to measure time precisely in Lua.
That's exactly what I was looking for. It measures time with 1/1000s precision. Thx!
THIS MOD IS GONNA BE ONE OF THE BEST FORSURE
Just out of curiosity, as I am a bad lua modder -- Would the following things be possible? I know it's a long list so feel free to give simple yes/nos if you prefer:
1. A civ trait that makes Earthquakes do less damage
2. A unit that is immune to damage from natural disasters, or certain natural disasters like floods
3. A unit that has an activated ability that triggers a meteor strike with their location as the center
4. A building that protects a city from natural disaster
5. A disaster that permanently changes tile terrain/features
6. Manmade disaters that only become possible with certain tech. IE, a Pandemic disaster that only becomes possible with Globalization.
7. Units like prophets that are able to "predict" when/where a natural disaster is about to occur (even one turn before would be cool!)
All I can think of for now
8. Global disasters without any particular area of effect, like Climate Change which could have an independent % effect on every tile on the map every turn
Posted Version 1.2 (here)
- You can now turn down the volume of sound warnings using the volume slider for Special Effects in Audio Options.
- In the report, if the civ has not been met, its name will not be shown.
- 'Free' turn (no disaster, only info screen) will happen at 1st turn, no matter what the starting Era is.
- "No disasters" option added for modpacks that would include RND but someone wanted to play without RND
- Fixed some warnings when using CQUI, now the logs should be clear.
Thank you for your continued work
Separate names with a comma.