Realism Invictus

Revolutions in RI??? YAY!!! :woohoo:

THANK you for this ûber fantastich mod!! I been playing TR/ RI since 2006, and nothing else!!
Just plaeyed around 60% of the crusader scenario with india on emperor. I've taken khmer, and doing fine.
BUT the feared mongols,,, they're not fearsome at all... When I met them I got "past events brought us closer togehter + 5", they are my best friends... and the have hardly done anything, having 15 cities, and est 300 points by 60% of turns finnished...
So,,, is this a possible outcome, or is something wrong??
no force of nature in my scenario...

Anyhow, I got 2-3 ctd's on my 64bit syst., but just load game and everything progresses fine.

anyone else ecperience mongols this way in " crusades" scenario?

THANKS for RI,, LOVE it!!

Little tiny observation: aztecs as montezuma do not receive bonus for being aggressive, so we can't upgrade units to combat2, for example, before feudalism.

THANK you for this ûber fantastich mod!! I been playing TR/ RI since 2006, and nothing else!!
Just plaeyed around 60% of the crusader scenario with india on emperor. I've taken khmer, and doing fine.
BUT the feared mongols,,, they're not fearsome at all... When I met them I got "past events brought us closer togehter + 5", they are my best friends... and the have hardly done anything, having 15 cities, and est 300 points by 60% of turns finnished...
So,,, is this a possible outcome, or is something wrong??
no force of nature in my scenario...

Anyhow, I got 2-3 ctd's on my 64bit syst., but just load game and everything progresses fine.

anyone else ecperience mongols this way in " crusades" scenario?

THANKS for RI,, LOVE it!!

Yeah, everyone can be more or less powerful, Mongols included. Unfortunately (?), even when given significant advantages, AI sometimes fails to exploit those. Also, their score doesn't reflect their reality - it is toned down 50%.

Little tiny observation: aztecs as montezuma do not receive bonus for being aggressive, so we can't upgrade units to combat2, for example, before feudalism.

I don't really understand how being aggressive, upgrading to combat2 and feudalism are tied together. :confused: Do you mean having enough XP? Well, 2 from aggessive and 2 from barracks don't make 5 needed to upgrade to level 2.

How does The Apostelic Palace works now. I'm playing custom game and i never get any chance to build it. Nobody built it eider. I have required technology, i have state religion, in fact my religion is largest in the world. There is no apostolic palace in the top 5 cities/wonders tab. There was no information about somebody to build it, etc.

I don't really understand how being aggressive, upgrading to combat2 and feudalism are tied together. :confused: Do you mean having enough XP? Well, 2 from aggessive and 2 from barracks don't make 5 needed to upgrade to level 2.

I assume he is referring to Aristocracy civic which gives you the addditional 2 XPs.

On the Mongols: Yes, with me they have also been quite friendly (I played as the Byzantines). My guess: My enemy's enemy is my friend rule is valid here. Both Mongols and Byzantines had a war going on with the Ghaznawids and the Seljuqs. Might be similar with the Indian civ.

Further observations: Almoravids (or: al-murábitun) are near the top of score board even though they lost Andalus. Must be because of their technological advancement. Also, the Papal states are doing really good.

How does The Apostelic Palace works now. I'm playing custom game and i never get any chance to build it. Nobody built it eider. I have required technology, i have state religion, in fact my religion is largest in the world. There is no apostolic palace in the top 5 cities/wonders tab. There was no information about somebody to build it, etc.

You need to run Theocracy to build Apostolic Palace.

On the Mongols: Yes, with me they have also been quite friendly (I played as the Byzantines). My guess: My enemy's enemy is my friend rule is valid here. Both Mongols and Byzantines had a war going on with the Ghaznawids and the Seljuqs. Might be similar with the Indian civ.

Further observations: Almoravids (or: al-murábitun) are near the top of score board even though they lost Andalus. Must be because of their technological advancement. Also, the Papal states are doing really good.

Yeah, for Byzantine Empire and the Crusader States, Mongols (just as IRL) are likely a positive factor, since they weaken Seljuks. I never saw Mongols obliterate them completely, unfortunately. I'm still not completely satisfied with the efficiency of Mongols in that scenario.

Almoravids indeed are one of the top players. As for Papal States, controlling the Christian HC tends to do that to civs. In many games, they make enemies with the HRE, though, which keeps the Popes in check.

need a support for who responsible for this mods :

Realism Invictus , well pretty good with awesome design unit with a different style
but i got problem in this mods

other mods like Fall from heaven , A New Dawn , Rhyhe and falls and many kinds , i never got crash from MAF , its annoying i always got MAF when play Realism Invictus , whats problem on that ?

so i search MAF Fix in Google and i found it from this thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=225205 result : I DONT UNDERSTAND AND I CONFUSED !!!!!!

so please for your next patch ( update ) : your mods its need fixed from MAF Problem

thanks

Hm... On this topic, I think it would be a good idea to maybe change city garrison promotions to be orientated towards walls. Perhaps changing the promotion to give the bonuses only towards walled cities, or maybe changing it to give just a fraction of the bonus to cities without walls. Urban combat, on the other hand, should remain as is, considering its nature.

Totally agree, except I think it should only apply to ranged combat units. Melee units can still adequately defend an un-walled city, in a non-guerrilla style akin to the urban combat. Archers though, in an un-walled city with city garrison are really no different than being out in the open. Even a pallisade is better than nothing, because they can bunch up unmolested and rain down death outside the city. So I propose:

Ranged combat in city w/o any fortification: no bonus from city garrison
Ranged combat in city w/ Pallisade: 50% of the city garrison bonus
Ranged combat in city w/ Walls: 100% of the city garrison bonus

Melee units continue to get full City Garrison bonus. (maybe 50% w/o anything; 100% w/ Pallisade or Walls)

edit: This also might help provide more balance on the offense/defense side of things in the early game, and promote the use of fortifications, especially for cities on non-hill tiles.

Ummm..... I do.. but I'm not a very strategic gamer in that sense, I tend to try to go historically with RI it's kinda hard for me to resist

As long as you were allies in a war once the bonus remains. If you are allies in a second war the bonus becomes +4 etc...
Its the way the diplomacy in Civ 4 works. The bonus/penalties are calculated since the start of the game.

OK, this solve the first part, but: :cry: why the -x "you made us an arrogant demand" never appears no matter how many times I demand tribute? (with the other civs appear, never mind if you were involved jonitly in a war or not):confused::confused:
:thanx:

With RI I'm consistently losing 70%+ odds battles.. I mean, I've lost some before, but this is crazy.. I'm playing as france on the large earth and the whole reason the Spainiards are still succesfully raiding my land is because my Spearmen can't seem to beat chariots even with 72.8% odds... :crazyeye:

I've observed another issue which results in a real handicap for the AI:

When the map is generated, many ice masses appear blockading the landmasses on the poles, but leaving lots of water engulfed. The AI fund cities on those spaces, and frequently builds lots of water units on them, because AI read that it's not a lake, it's coast and ocean, BUT all these units are actually completely blockaded forever :(

The result is that the AI waste lot of time and resources creating fleets which never will be usable, which it's an annoying handicap :eek: An easy makeshift solution ingame it's, using the World Builder, delete the ice that blocks the AI cities, so it can use the engulfed fleets and the blockaded cities properly :scan: But, since I have tried many mods and it's the first time I observed this issue, perhaps should be revised, not really know if it is an AI or map generation problem, you surely will know better :goodjob:

Oh, and by the way I'm one of those who think that walls should be a little more useful in RI :mischief::D

Another comment: when you win a city through peace negotiations, the city converts automatically to a 100% of your culture :eek: This is no way realistic, the acquired city should remain on his original culture, or at least a majority, adding a clearly interesting casus belli or at least a cause for concern for the occupants :cool:.

As a clear example, remember the case of Alsace and Lorraine, one of the causes of a war (1870) and a strong motivation for another (1914). This was because the vast majority of habitants remained of French culture although they were assigned to Germany. If this case happens in RI (or Civ4, not really know if it's an issue from your mod or from Vanilla Civ4, anyway should be tweaked) the Alsacians would magically become "germans" in 1870, and the WWI could have be much different... :D

Yeah, the whole Hitler thing might not have happened!
Oh, that'd be a fun AH... If all the little inaccuracies of CivIV were real, then x would happen

Totally agree, except I think it should only apply to ranged combat units. Melee units can still adequately defend an un-walled city, in a non-guerrilla style akin to the urban combat. Archers though, in an un-walled city with city garrison are really no different than being out in the open. Even a pallisade is better than nothing, because they can bunch up unmolested and rain down death outside the city. So I propose:

Ranged combat in city w/o any fortification: no bonus from city garrison
Ranged combat in city w/ Pallisade: 50% of the city garrison bonus
Ranged combat in city w/ Walls: 100% of the city garrison bonus

Melee units continue to get full City Garrison bonus. (maybe 50% w/o anything; 100% w/ Pallisade or Walls)

edit: This also might help provide more balance on the offense/defense side of things in the early game, and promote the use of fortifications, especially for cities on non-hill tiles.

Good ideas! However, you mentioned that ranged units getting the bad end of this deal. I already use archers very sparingly as is! What makes you think they need to be made even worse? Surely there's a better solution than that.

Top Bottom