1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Lighthearter, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

At the moment we're waiting on me to update page one(On it, boss) and for President Arya to come back. Until then this will be stagnant . . . .

-L

2. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF SIEGE, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much siege. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

You just didn't have enuff soldiers. And not enuff siege,

3. Aysee

Aysee Winter is Coming

Actually, that does qualify as too much siege, because the only reason you didn't have enough soldiers was because you spent too much hammers on siege and not enough on infantry.

@DT: I know they don't qualify as an army. That's the point. They don't so, we split them up betweeen the cavalry, the infantry, and the siege the siege bombards Moscow and the infantry reinforces them, the cavalry raids and pillages, and the St. Petersburg stack marches south to take the city.

4. ono-neko

ono-neko Prince

Spoiler OOC Stuff :
    For those who cares, I've been very busy with other stuff, so I haven't got a chance to get more involved with the AAR. However, I am still around, and will be more active once I get the chance. Just consider my character is taking vacation, say, in America :)

5. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Ah sorry guys, although it doesnt seem like ive missed much. I expected to come back to TW or someone trying to coup me so they could get an update going. But i have been sick since sunday, and i have been busy before that, so making a plan would have been difficult. I will send one to my cabinent tonight, and hopefully i will get repsonses and have a final version ready either tomorow night/or thrusday at latest seeing as though everyone might not be done revising it tomorow and i migfht be going out.

Oh i plan on LOTS of cannons. Our army will be invincible. Cannons, Redcoats, and a sprinkling of cavalry, and soon machine gunners as well.

6. Whosit

Whosit Entropic Knight

You mean you don't have a clause where the VP takes over when the prez is incapacitated? Hmm, shouldn't have bothered behaving ourselves if you were expecting a coup. OK! The President is clearly incapable of handling his duties. Vote of no confidence! :p

(This is very much a joke if you cannot tell. However, I would like things to move along soon. Things have been quiet because there is nothing new to discuss. However, I suppose that this lull is slightly better than the spam fests that have occurred at such quiet times.)

P.S.: Oh, OK, Arya has doomed us all. He said that our army will be invincible! Now we are certain to meet our demise! Haven't you read TV Tropes, O Leader? :lol:

7. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

OOC: LH, would you please update the front page? That would be greatly appreciated.

:D

8. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Actually now that you mention it....IF I AM ABSENT FOR THREE OR MORE DAYS, THEN I GIVE POWER TO A COUNCIL OF RAVUS, TW, AND AYSEE UNTIL I RETURN.

Now that thats over with, i should explain the invincible comment. We are several techs ahead of others, and we will have tons of arty cannons and redcoats, and i hope to get an infantry soon after my term. And soon we will ahve large numbers of all these.

9. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Arya, you've doomed us all! You need to be MOAR Genre Savvy!

Link.

10. Aysee

Aysee Winter is Coming

Lol, mech :rotfl:

Yup, generally in war, it is better to plan for the worst while hoping for the best.

And I've seen the plan. It looks good.

11. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Ill revise the plan tonight and send it to LH. Any chance of an update on sunday or even tonight LH?

12. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

Tonight or tomorrow maybe. Well, I'll try.

-L

13. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

Oh dear - we are wasting our limited production on death machines instead of schools for our young, factories for our workers and hospitals for our elderly.

14. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

I would like to at least see the plan, even if you only post it just before it is sent, so we have an idea of what to expect from the set.

DT
    Plans are Good :please:

15. Whosit

Whosit Entropic Knight

Agreed. Say what you will of my last term, but even I presented the plan to the public.

16. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Well considering we are at war with basicly all of the middle east and russia....yeah we need these death machines, and i pray they are death machines and do not turn out to be major cannon fodder for our enemies. Let them fight well!

Plus, we are already well set up with other stuff like the essential buildings and such...there really isnt any other pressing needs at the moment. Especially since WE DONT KNOW how to build factories or hospitals.

17. Aysee

Aysee Winter is Coming

Um... Arya? Posting of plans would be appreciated. Say what you will, but there's still the public's right to know and all that.

18. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

I havent made the revised version yet. Will get to posting it tonight when i piece together the advice i got from everyone in the cabinent. Going out for a bit so it will be a few hours.

19. Fellow

Fellow Chieftain

We are all eager to see it ;) even the non opposition *smile*

20. Whosit

Whosit Entropic Knight

It has been three days since our President last made an appearance. How long must we wait before our government moves into action? I call upon arya's Ruling Council to move the plan forward!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.