1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Lighthearter, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinkletoes89

Twinkletoes89 Warlord

Yaroslavl is the target if an equitable peace cannot be reached. The breathing space will be added to later by likely conquest of Poland and/or Viking.

We must be careful to keep enough forces to hold our takings.

2. Aysee

Aysee Winter is Coming

Well, once we research railroads and build machine guns, we'll basically be defense kings for a few decades, at the least.

3. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

I'm actually starting to get behind the Sane Party Mindset.

Spoiler :

Have you seen the amount of troops in Greece? That's a very sharp sword at our throat...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

We actually have enough units in Germany and Middle Europe, plus with some drafting, to raise a second army. There looks to be about 10 units in Germany, along with our Great Military Healer. And a Cannon and some horsemen in Middle Europe. Some of it needs upgrading but we could get all these up to spec quite quickly.

Will be good to get Railroad throughout the Germany Allies lands and that German-Egypt Border Probably needs some Machine Gunners when they are built

This is just an overview for people.

4. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

Why do we need these foreign holy cities? They will just cause strife (look at the talk of having to position troops there) and / or remove our focus from the Motherland. We really should work to improve our home.

5. Aysee

Aysee Winter is Coming

According to last estimates, we currently have two armies:

MIDDLE EUROPE

RUSSIA

GERMANY

The largest one is the German one, then the Russian one, then the Middle Europe one

The German one is a bit outdated, so first priority is upgrading them. Of course, they must be backed up by actual German troops. They're job is to attack the Taoist city.

The Middle European army is largely composed of cavalry and cannons. The cavalry will loot and pillage the countryside, and the cannons will bombard Moscow.

While leaving enough troops for an adequate defense, the Russian stack will march south and take Moscow along with the Middle Europeans. Then, a third of the combined stack will split off and head towards Yaroslavl. The rest will march down south, join up with the Anglo-German Southern stack and take Yakutsk.

The main aim of this is a "peace offensive"; a lightning fast offensive designed to bring about peace on our terms. To accomplish this, we'll need to prioritize researching railroads, and put the entire country to producing military (we have enough production), and we'll have to use the whip and the draft as well.

6. Ravus_Sol

@Ruff, Russia declared on us, then when we beat them down they went crawling to Arabia to protection. So now we need to bloody Arabia's nose before they will talk peace with us. We WANT to look after the motherland. So if we have to fight Arabia we may as well get the best cities when we do so.

7. ruff_hi

Well, I use to run a butchers in Kent before I joined in the politics so I am just letting you know what the man in the street is thinking. The opinion is that we are wasting time, money and lives with fake wars abroad instead of looking after the motherland.

8. Aysee

Aysee Winter is Coming

You have no right to speak for the "people". Only the GM does, since A. he's running the game, and B. Only he can provide an objective statement.

9. Ravus_Sol

Maybe our people have become too safe... We could let some Arabian hordes rape and pillage their way across the land. Maybe then they will stop complaining when we are heading for the fastest peace treaty way to end the war that doesn't involve giving cities filled with innocent people to the Arabian Menace...

:p too crude?

10. Fellow

Fellow Chieftain

You do not happen to be swiss or chinese do you? :lol:

11. MathNerd

MathNerd High on math (a, not e)

Hi all new peeps!

I think I may have some time this weekend to check up on RP, but I don't have time to (nor do I want to) read over 46-some pages. Summary, anybody? Thx.

This comment brings us back to a discussion that started quite a while ago, during the MN association (or was it the first Arya association, IDK). In either case, we'd decided that only the GM could decide what the people felt about something. Otherwise, we'd end up with things like "99.999% of the people hate the Administration!" when in truth there was only one opposition member. So, yeah, LH decides what the people think.

12. ruff_hi

Thanks for the background MathNerd and thanks for nothing Aysee :p

Duly noted ... I will now only speak for myself. If these wars are not wars of aggression ... how did we end up owning most of France and Italy?

13. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

Welcome Ruff Hi
    We settled france/Spain, and fought Rome for Germany/Italy, after rome attacked us and took Ravus-York (france,Christian holy city)

I accept just takeing the holy cities and then whatever we need to take a proper peace. as long as we're not paying for the peace. I would like to take as many cities as possible, but if the admin's promised as few as possible i can accept that.

@Arya- I can understand you don't have to take our views, but I think you should at least consider them.

@Mathnerd- not sure where you left exactly, but after the illduce crisis and the recovery of catherine she was shot by a still unknown assailant, and may or may not still be alive, only LH knows. Russia then declared war, and we took ireland and st pete (other side of greece/poland). Russia then vasseled to the arabs, who declared war on us, and we've been fighting a stalemate ever since (only 6 turns) Arya and the patriots Coalitioned with TT to just win the last elections, a 17/14 majority of sane patriots against the new HBA (imperial/IMWP). We're now trying to plan what we should do in russia.

And Ravus finally Heeded my calls and declared CRUSADE!!! :D

DT
    Crusading for the Cause :jesus:

14. MathNerd

MathNerd High on math (a, not e)

Arya, I agree with basically everybody here. (And I'm partially saying this just to aggravate you)

You need to consider what everybody says. Remember Rule #1 of RP? "Elections don't stop. The Admin MUST respond to the Opposition." So unless you can come up with a believable reason of why our ideas are dumb, you can't just ignore us. :)

EDIT: I do hope you will post the plan?

15. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Welcome, new comrade!

I must say though, that the external capitalist forces will never allow our beautiful worker's state to exist peacefully come the Revolution. And we should not allow them to enslave their own people, who work hard and are exploited for the good of the few up top who manipulate the worker's minds with lies and propaganda! We must liberate them!

Either way, it is always nice to see a new face (or um.... avatar) around here!

I'm fairly sure it was the Arya administration. I seem to recall you and WIM using that tactic alot :p.

16. Aysee

Aysee Winter is Coming

Anyways, what does the parliament think about my war proposal?

17. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

18. Whosit

Whosit Entropic Knight

Mech, I think you are trying to tell us something; what could it be? :mischief:

19. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

Hmmm... :hmm:

I don't see it, I don't understand. :( Whatz he tryin to sayz? :lol:

@Aysee- we don't have enough in middle europe to qualify as an army. Also your plan seems to split our troops up quite a bit.

DT
    What did Mech Mean? :confused:

20. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

Actually, you can have to much siege. The first time I played BTS I didn’t know about the siege units can’t kill things rule. I didn’t bring enough units to a city because I thought the siege units would kill some. All my units died, leaving only catapults so I had to retreat :cry:. Fun times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.