1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Lighthearter, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

Ravus: Member of the Liberal Marxist Party

Back and wow!

Okay, so i support the proposed coalition between the liberal marxist and the modernization party. Mainly because a coalition does not have to be enduring. People seem to be thinking that a Coalition is a long term forever thing. But you can break up and go seperate ways eventually. So while Cull was right, once the empire is in a position of power will may go our seperate ways, untill then we will be following similer enough paths to work together (lesser of two evils choice)

As the modernization party is the only other one i like apart from the Liberal Marxist i shall throw my votes in as so:

Liberal Marxist = 1 vote
    Modernization party = 1 vote

-

I also support Lighthearter continuing as the neutral controller of the game. Best way to keep thing honest and moving forward. I wouldn't say no to a little more description on current events (the people finding the cows/stone etc)

@ Cull; it's actually more realistic for a president NOT to control the empire. Real life rulers don't have instantanous knowledge and reactions to events. Having your information come through an intermediary is natural. Especially in the stone age!

-

Expansion: I support the idea of a second city down the line and expanding to France but only to found a costal landing city. Once we have one city mainland we can then explore and scout out the land long term while claiming all of the British Isles. This Landing city can in that time be built up to be our Defensive Army city. Wars can then be fought in Europe away from our more peaceful homelands.

Maps: Can we get a bigger map of the prospective land with the resources shown next time? This will help future management more.

PS which earth map is this? England looks too big to be from Earth18. Is it from Rhye's Rise and fall? or is it actually from the GIANT earth map? either way at least it means we're not getting the same old stuff. England is normally bursting with resources but this time it lookes like we will have to scout for some.

2. Maaximillus

Maaximillus Vice Admiral

I shall cast my vote for the Modernizatonal Party.

Nice to see Realpolitik AAR here :D

3. danjuno

danjuno Emperor

It is possible for a party leader to resign? And if so, how is their sucessor chosen?

4. Ravus_Sol

EVERYONE HAS TWO VOTES! BUT THEY MUST BE FOR DIFFERENT PARTIES!

sorry just thought that needed saying again.

@ Danjuno; sorry if you don't think you'll be able to lead your parrty. I'd figure that you can either just leave, let your party vote on a successor if it's big enough or elect your own heir.

5. west india man

west india man Immortal

Obviously, I vote for the two parties in my Coalition (If leaders of parties can vote). Seeing as Paris is insanely good real estate, and France doesn't live there, we should go there.

6. Ravus_Sol

From the England map i believe that it might have some kind of random resources which is why i'd like a bigger map first before we pick a spot in france.

7. Deego3

Deego3 Prince

I vote for the First Coalition (Green Party of England and Wales/Educated Party). We should definatly settle a city or two in France. After that settle the rest of the British Isles (Scotland and Ireland, Wales is too small to support a city).

8. SanePerson

SanePerson Warlord

I am in agreement with the other member of my party. lopaz, would you be willing to form a coalition?

9. west india man

west india man Immortal

Can we get the amount of votes on the first page please?

10. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

ilduce349 - 1) - Not at all!:goodjob:
    2)- Recorded.
    3) - Startingpoints mod, top scenario.​

Ravus_Sol - Votes and opinions recorded:D

Maaximillus - Thanks!

danjuno - you can handle that however you want - just say you'd rather not be the party leader. Then choose a successor or let the party do it(correct, Ravus_Sol).

west india man - Everyone votes - in fact, my 2 votes are still open, so play nice;). And done!

Deego3 - Recorded.

Saneperson - Watching this coalition idea sparking:D. Good luck!:goodjob:

__

And here's the latest tally:
    - Lighthearter

11. Cull

Cull Big Daddy

If we do go to France we should get a coastal city, then Paris from that coastal city, while mainland England pumps out workers/settler for England, while Paris/Coastal City pumps out workers/settlers for France and beyond the Continent.

12. Lighthearter

Update coming:D

Now, the First Coalition - how prepared are you in the case that you win? Who's going to be the President? Who the Military Minister? Who the Internal Affairs Minister? Will you have other positions open?

Just a quiz, other coalition should have those answers ironed out as well:D

- Lighthearter

13. Cull

Cull Big Daddy

I sent this to west india men via a PM once the PM for me started working(5 posts, I think):

14. Cull

Cull Big Daddy

A question for the more knowledge members out there: How do you edit your signature?

15. ChihuahuaKing

ChihuahuaKing Chieftain

We should most definitley get to Ireland. It is a vital stepping stone to lands across the sea. Also, France would be nice to have if the matinince doesn't slow the economy down. We should also explore Europe/Asia to meet valubale trading partners and allies.

16. Lighthearter

Parliament Building, London

The ornate hall glows in the late-afternoon sunlight. Great statues of the gods stare down at the congregated Lords, their faces mostly etched in stern disapproval. The general murmurs around the hall suddenly are cut short as the massive doors behind the large balcony where the President will give his address to the Parliament groan open. The various senators stare with keen interest as President Lighthearter walks forward, stopping at the edge of the balcony.

"My lords, currently England is in the throes of an election, and it is shaping up to be a heated one. At the moment the First Coalition that Lords Cull and west india man have formed are in the lead, but other coalitions shall likely emerge soon to offset their domination of the race - be ready to brawl with the best of them. Now, on to the State of the Union:

Stonehenge -
    The key question facing us today is the issue over whether a monument to our Republic is a worthwhile expenditure - If it is, the effects on popular conciousness and culture could be astounding, but if it isn't we could face anger from the people who desire to see such a monument erected - you must choose our course, my Lords.

And I cast my first vote to the First Coalition, not to either party in it. My second vote is reserved at this time. Godspeed, gentlemen."

- Lighthearter

17. west india man

west india man Immortal

Its not the president and senators, its the prime minister MPs. btw, Stonehenge is a very good investment

18. west india man

west india man Immortal

To edit your sig, got to 'My Account' tab. On the left (In small writing), there are several buttons. One of them is 'edit sig'. Do your sig there.

EDIT: Deego3 & micbic should be the military and internal affairs ministers, due to MathNerds lack of an account, and first pick first serve. I know that a pacifist party may seem like it does not need a military affairs minister, but others can still declare war on us.

EDIT II: Thanks to Lighthearter for his votes for us :goodjob:! Stonehenge also helps if we found a religion, as we can get a GP for a shrine.:jesus: Also, see the other reasons in the post below

19. Cull

Cull Big Daddy

I agree with west india man. Stonehenge, in game terms, allows us to completely skip monument for the BFC border expansion in new cities, saving time, and production. Allow us to building this wonder with the help of our stone! Question: How is the tech situation? I think we should get Masonry soon. And allow me to be the first to thank Lighthearter for his vote for the First Coalition:goodjob:.

20. Cull

Cull Big Daddy

Thanks for the help!

I agree with the assesment of Deego3 & micbic, if we are elected, and if we follow the model given to us by Prime Minister Lighthearter. I assume if we are elected you and I are joint PM. I actually like my idea of King/Prime Minister with Parliament. The detail need to be worked out but I think its a decent idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.