1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Lighthearter, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

west india man - I know that isn't the way the real UK runs, but this is fiction, and I'm simplifying the democratic terms. And you're welcome:D

Cull - You're welcome too!:cool:

- Lighthearter

2. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

I cast my second vote for the Modernizational Party, in the hopes that we will develop closer relations (so thats one for the LMP, one for the MP).

3. SanePerson

SanePerson Warlord

I cast my second vote for the LMP.

4. Conqueror500

Conqueror500 Chieftain

I will vote for the Martial Nationalist Party and Royal Nationalists.

5. Jayrad

Jayrad Warlord

I vote for the Royal nationalists and the Martial Nationalists

6. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

I give my second vote to the LMP

7. Lighthearter

Remember guys - you've got tomorrow and as much of Tuesday as I decree you do to post your votes and coalitions - hurry it up on the latter!

The latest tally:

- Lighthearter

8. danjuno

danjuno Emperor

I have pressing real life manners. So, I must resign by position. As nobody else is in the party, I choose Conqueror as my heir.

9. ilduce349

ilduce349 (Financial, Philo)

Green + Education both have 5, so a total of 10 votes, yet u say they have 11

10. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

Ravus: Member of the Liberal Marxist Party

Dunno why 5+5=11 maybe he was subconciously thinking about the totals of the Liberal Marxist Party and the Modernization Party. :p

So Basically it's up to Lopaz to okay the proposed coalition and if that happens we will be able to actually challenge the Green Peace/Education alliance.

Speaking of which it might be a good idea for the leader of each party to promote a second in command in case they can't get on the internet for awhile. The leader can negate or veto the decisions of his second once he returns but at least having a second keeps things moving. It also highlights a clear heir for replacement if need be, and also as you need 3 people as ministers you can use the seconds first of all.

Leader:
    Military Minister:
    Domestic Minister:

Are we going to do the duel leadership like Cull mentioned? With both party leaders being in charge? i'd prefer one leader who can veto and direct but the other ministers who can handle the events that come up under their juristiction. It's smoother and quicker to have one leader then two.

A way to give power to the opposition would be to allow them to vote on which party they prefer to hold the leader position.

-

Anyway they are just the things i've noticed so far.

On Stonehenge
    I'd say that we should do this, but seeing as the Lighthearter went the Barracks first route the city is all ready large enough that it won't do much while it's growing. I's prefer to shoot out a worker then a settler then stonehenge.

This would however stop us from being able to build ships to get to france quickly.

11. Lighthearter

danjuno - Sorry to hear that:(. But you will be remembered!:D

ilduce349 - 5+5+1(my vote, remember?)=11.:D

Ravus_Sol - I like the idea of second-in-command players in parties - please, leaders, begin choosing your lieutenants!

I think that I'm going to veto the duel-leaders thing for all sorts of reasons - I haven't said anything because I've been mulling it over. Some of the reasons that I don't think it would work:

-I have to PM the president before each play session - what are the odds that both of them will be online at the same time?
    -A lot of policies and bills have to be initiated by the President - how do we have two doing that simultaneously?
    -And . . . what's the point? This game is all about electing Britain's leader, and two leaders is just inconveniencing on so many levels.

So, can either Cull or west india man step forward as the Presidential candidate? The other can become the military minister.:goodjob:

Hell, that's what happened to me and the original Confederate Party over Realpolitik II . . . .:crazyeye:

- Lighthearter

12. west india man

west india man Immortal

Cull, do you think you are better with military or empire management? Personally, I'm an all rounder.

13. jokoneli

jokoneli Warlord

I'd like to give my both votes to the First Coalition. (One to the Green Party of England and Wales and one to the Educated Party).

14. Conqueror500

Conqueror500 Chieftain

Jayrad want to form a coalition?

15. Jayrad

Jayrad Warlord

Yes we need to give the first coilition a run for their capitalist money

16. Cull

Cull Big Daddy

Personally, in my games, I am far better with empire management in terms of pure micromanagement(which I enjoy!), building up a civ to dominance, and cruising to victory. In terms of war, I tend to usually build far too little/too much units, and often make tactical mistakes.

However, with this being on Noble, 2 levels down from the level I'm normally playing, I suppose I could do either.

Would joint military advisors, and whatever other advisors work? I was thinking if others were to join, and if the First Coalition was elected into office, how would we accommodate the members?

Also, Lighthearter, what is your name on the HoI2 forums, and do you play HoI3, or is HoI2 better? Trying to decide which one to buy.

17. Cull

Cull Big Daddy

:D Great!

Name?

I think it would be okay, but do you need approval by both leaders not just a member, which Conqueror500 is.

Thanks!

18. west india man

west india man Immortal

I have an idea of what military to build - Archers and Gunpowder units. We don't want to let that Protective Trait go to waste!

19. Cull

Cull Big Daddy

Yeah! Drafted Protective Redcoats FTW :D Are you military adviser then?

More On Stonehenge

Not only do we have STONE, which by itself should be a reason to try for Henge, but we are also Charismatic, and we get +1 happy face per monument in each city. If we get Henge, +1 happy face in ALL cities. This is HUGE.

I recommend kicking out a worker soon, then hooking up stone, see max shields, and maybe chop 1-2 forests. If the First Coalition is elected to office, this most likely will be the plan. Henge is CRITICAL when you are Charismatic. And to think I though we were Lizzy...

20. west india man

west india man Immortal

Also, stone can be used for other things minus Stonehenge...specifically, something that helps our defence a lot. (*cough*GW*cough*). Also, something that can boost happiness even more, and give us two especially brilliant civics! (*cough*mids*cough*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.