Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
But free Market is the base ideal of the Consortium. Money=Happiness. Happiness=Production. Production=BETTER CIV! :goodjob:

State property is better for large empires as it reduces maintenance

Plus its the base ideal of the LMP...

But free Market is the base ideal of the Consortium. Money=Happiness. Happiness=Production. Production=BETTER CIV! :goodjob:

In pure ideas, yes, I agree.

On civ mechanics, I disagree. State Property is a much more efficent civic to the terms we are describing. A large, bloated civ across several continents is what we are trying to achieve, yes? Would +1 trade route per city, or NO distance penalty, which is the MOST important factor in limiting REXing, and fast, reckless expansion, help a large empire stretching hopefully several CONTINENTS? Yeah, SP is better. Plus it gives you juicy SP watermills/workshops(+1 food/+1 production and +2 production), which are quite strong. Adding 10% hammer in all cities is just icing on the cake.

-Cull

The cavalry arrives!

Hello everyone i am a veteran of the paradox forums where this 'realpolitik' thingy started. Im still debating about creating a party for the next elections, or about permanently joining the coalition i am to vote for but for now............................................................................................

I vote for the modernization party and the liberal marxist party!

I personally disaprove of the communist aproach in LMP, but i dont like the first coalition in green, and the war parties are already too outnumbered to win without a miracle this time around.

Personal Opinion- We should gain an initial powerbase in the isles and sned 3 settlers to france to use its resources, and block offspain from other powers for later settling. We must keep an eye on the vikings since (i presume) they are in scandinavia and could either be great trading partners, or horrible enemies in our backyard.

I am against walls in general as it takes away the incentive of building an army to defend your lands. The GW is a good idea should we colonize NA. This way we can keep barbarians away from our colonies, which are weaker than our developed european cities. Our more powerful armies can then stay in europe most of the time, to defend our heartland.

also a strong navy is important, but only once we get 2 or 3 cities established in the isles to fuel our growing empire.

Wow man, we should name a city after you just for that last second 'save the day' move :p

I agree in principle on the Great Wall, not to mention it's better to try and rush for stonehenge as it's more useful. However if we don't go for the GW we definatly need scouts and a good defense city in middle europe.

-

If SanePerson wants to pass over The Leader position that's fine, but in terms of alliance i'd say one of the three positions has to be filled by someone from the Modernization party. So does anyone else from the Modernization party want to put themselves forward for Military Minister or Domestic Minister?

The Leader position thus falls to Lopaz, however he hasn't posted for awhile (since the 7th) Is he going to be available to fulfil the position? i suppose secondary ministers can handle most of the actions as well.

I'd like to put myself forward for the position of Military Minister, I think i have at least enough forsight to make sure we arn't caught unaware if we get dragged into a war. Positioning and scouting in europe is essential and should keep the Nationalist Coalition happy. Which is important incase they merge into one party next election.

I doubt much will happen as it's the stone age and the turn is only 30 turns. Anyway we can make it 50 turns for stone age, 40 for classical and down to 30 in medievil/later times when you have an empire set up? otherwise i doubt much will happen this election round.

Wow man, we should name a city after you just for that last second 'save the day' move :p

I agree in principle on the Great Wall, not to mention it's better to try and rush for stonehenge as it's more useful. However if we don't go for the GW we definatly need scouts and a good defense city in middle europe.

-

If SanePerson wants to pass over The Leader position that's fine, but in terms of alliance i'd say one of the three positions has to be filled by someone from the Modernization party. So does anyone else from the Modernization party want to put themselves forward for Military Minister or Domestic Minister?

The Leader position thus falls to Lopaz, however he hasn't posted for awhile (since the 7th) Is he going to be available to fulfil the position? i suppose secondary ministers can handle most of the actions as well.

I'd like to put myself forward for the position of Military Minister, I think i have at least enough forsight to make sure we arn't caught unaware if we get dragged into a war. Positioning and scouting in europe is essential and should keep the Nationalist Coalition happy. Which is important incase they merge into one party next election.

I doubt much will happen as it's the stone age and the turn is only 30 turns. Anyway we can make it 50 turns for stone age, 40 for classical and down to 30 in medievil/later times when you have an empire set up? otherwise i doubt much will happen this election round.

Don't tease the First Coalition. :p

In principle, Stonehenge, with +1 happy cities in all cities is FAR better than no barbs in the Europe/Asia/Africa super continent, at least on Noble, IMO. I think that whatever administration is next should focus on Stonehenge, and GW is something you COULD chase after, sort of as a secondary prize if the first is achieved. Question: Do we have Mysticism/Masonry yet? If not, I recommend researching them ASAP.

Agree on longer terms, but how about instead of age, we do pure turns/election. 50 for the first, 40 for the second, then 30 for the rest. How does that sound?

-Cull

Don't tease the First Coalition. :p

In principle, Stonehenge, with +1 happy cities in all cities is FAR better than no barbs in the Europe/Asia/Africa super continent, at least on Noble, IMO. I think that whatever administration is next should focus on Stonehenge, and GW is something you COULD chase after, sort of as a secondary prize if the first is achieved. Question: Do we have Mysticism/Masonry yet? If not, I recommend researching them ASAP.

Agree on longer terms, but how about instead of age, we do pure turns/election. 50 for the first, 40 for the second, then 30 for the rest. How does that sound?

-Cull

Sorry, couldn't resist the teasing :p i know you are trying to pull a deux ex machina yourself to pull of a win.

So the first time a coalition is elected they have 50 turns then if they are re-elected it goes down to 40? then to 30? then stays there, so another group that got elected would have 50 turns again? Just checking i understand your concept.

Sorry, couldn't resist the teasing :p i know you are trying to pull a deux ex machina yourself to pull of a win.

So the first time a coalition is elected they have 50 turns then if they are re-elected it goes down to 40? then to 30? then stays there, so another group that got elected would have 50 turns again? Just checking i understand your concept.

Yep, trying to pull out a last minute win here. :p

Actually, the idea is that the first turn set/election, whatever party wins gets 50 turns, then for the second turn set/election, no matter what party gets 40 turns, and then for the third turn set/election, not matter what party gets 30 turns, and then 30 for all parties forever.

Thoughts?

Lighthearter can you update the party list to include Arya and ilduce? Also, can you update the votes on the first page?

So Lopaz is the leader of the LMP which is the current leader of the Coalition that wont the election. Which means he is PM

Officially, not yet. He won't be the Prime Minister until 5:00 EST tomorrow if no one else will support the First Coalition.

I want to note here for no real reason that you can have more then two parties in a coalition if you want.

Just saying.

EDIT:

Party Tallies:
Green Party of England and Wales: 7 (First Coalition)
Educated Party: 8 (First Coalition)
Liberal Marxist Party: 7 (Coalition of Doom)
Modernizatonal Party: 6 (Coalition of Doom)
Martial Nationalist Party: 3 ( Nationalist Coalition)
Royal Nationalists: 2 (Nationalist Coalition)

Coalition Tallies:
First Coalition: 14 (Green Party of England and Wales/Educated Party)
Nationalist Coalition: 5 (Martial Nationalists/Royal Nationalists)
Coalition of Doom: 16 (Modernizational Party/Liberal Marxist Party)

Current Election status. You have until 5:00 EST tomorrow to vote.

- Lighthearter

I want to note here for no real reason that you can have more then two parties in a coalition if you want.

Just saying.
- Lighthearter

(laughter) :)

Oh dear... So technically one of the Nationalist parties (or both) could join the Coalition of Doom or the Green Peace Coalition pushing them into the lead? If i had any power i'd offer the position of Military Minister to the first nationalist leader to join one of the larger coalitions.

Lighthearter can you update the party list to include Arya and ilduce? Also, can you update the votes on the first page?

im not part of a party yet though...just an innocent bystander. so far anyway....:D:D:D

and we need lopaz here to try and cut a deal for the nationalist party. any chance in the abcense of a leader, a party can delegate emergency power to a second in command?

First Coalition welcomes all parties to join them. We could hash out a further deal invovling the leader of your parties becoming joint PMs or important advisors.

im not part of a party yet though...just an innocent bystander. so far anyway....:D:D:D

and we need lopaz here to try and cut a deal for the nationalist party. any chance in the abcense of a leader, a party can delegate emergency power to a second in command?

We havnt even managed to get a second-in-command in place yet :p i think the educated party has an in-potentia second and green peace has one.

Oh well i guess i shall have to do something drastic...

Ravus: Member of the Liberal Marxist Party

in liue of our absent leader i have siezed temporyary power to offer either/both of the nationalist parties the oppurtunity to join the Liberal Marxist/Modernizational coalition. In return for your alliegance and votes you will be offered the position of Military Minister once we are in power. This position well fits a party of military extremists and will allow you to push forward in your goals.

In summery this trio-coalition would have
The Leader: Liberal Marxist
Domestic Minister: Modernizational
Military Minister: Nationalist Minister

If i have acted unjustly in proxy of our absent leader Lopaz then on his return i shall voluntarily leave the party, never to return...

Signed: Ravus AKA (Dead Man Walking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom