• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rednecks Vs Hippies

Redneck or Hippie?

• Redneck

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Hippie

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Both equally

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Simon Darkshade

A capital choice, but there is a decided difference between the two types; ze rednecks are more open to our agenda, and the hippies more suited to being lynched by the rednecks who are open to our agenda. :yeah:

As long as the rednecks get the 'Ernst Rohm treatment' once we strom to power! ;) :goodjob:

I live in Maryland so its right on the border between redneck and non-redneck. So there's some redneck beliefs in my neighborhood and when i got out to the mall or something the rednecks really come out and its not a pretty site. Just to give you an idea, there is an Outdoor Adventures store that is as big as the movie theaters. And the whole mall is huge. So there's this gigantic store targeting rednecks. Not that everybody that fishes and stuff is redneck but when you walk in there, it's filled with rednecks. So i voted for hippies as their crazy nonsense is just funny, rednecks are annoying.

Originally posted by CurtSibling
Rednecks are called 'NEDS' here in Scotland.

The English have a different word for rednecks though, they call them "Scotsmen" ;) :p

Originally posted by sysyphus

The English have a different word for rednecks though, they call them "Scotsmen" ;) :p

No, "Scotsmen" is their word for alcholics.

'Rednecks' is what we Brits call communist continentals! :p :D

No matter what anybody says nothing beats a Tennessee redneck, they are more annoying than anything that has ever been born or created on this planet :aargh:

There is a boy that lives near here that ALLWAYS wears this confeterate flag baseball cap, its torn, tattered and faded. Not to mention he has (literally) about 5 teeth. And hes only about 15.

Originally posted by sysyphus

We have a name for the English around here, its "Shotgun Targets"

Originally posted by CurtSibling
They start drinking moonshine young out there!

Its practically in there baby bottles! It feel like Germany with moonshine :lol:

"We have a name for the English around here, its "Shotgun Targets""

Where do you live?
Kabul?

Originally posted by chain n' sickle

Its practically in there baby bottles! It feel like Germany with moonshine :lol:

Egad!
Blonde 6-foot Teutons with a taste for deadly home-brew...!

"What is this new devilry?" :eek:

Where is kabul? (im so freggin stupid)

Ho ho!

Capital of Afghanistan, that benighted place where the nasty terrorists spawn from!

I'd let your smiley lose on them if I were you

hahahahaha, ya, thats true (I live in the u.s., I was talking about England)

Well I am often considered (or at least used to be considered) a hillbilly hippie. I dont like rednecks though (racists) and I am not a huge fan of the bliss ninny. I dont mind long hair and I dont mind rural living. And I do like both beer and pot (used to anyway)

Most of the hippies I know are in their 40s and 50s and are in a much higher tax bracket than your average redneck.

Actually I don't see it as an either/or question. I spent many of my formative years in the Mohawk Valley of Upstate New York, a northern region of the Appalachians. Many of the people I knew were a blend of hippy and redneck.

They do both have similar views.

Good times
Live off the land
Freedom (their own definition)
Mistrust of "the man"
etc.

Top Bottom