[Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I like it as a possible fun feature, but agree it should only be possible to unlock very late in the game.

It would be best, if the feature would get unlocked by a late invention.
This would also make sense considering gameplay, because in the beginning you don't really need to span huge distances with railroads.

Inventions is simply not implemented yet in RaR.
I will simply continue creating features and see where this leads me to ... :dunno:

Railroads, Trains and Trainstations
@RaR-team:

Let me know, if you want to have it. :thumbsup:
(Nothing of this is uploaded to SVN yet.)

I could completely understand if you don't.
It is simply one of the many fun features I currently create.

Hi Ray,

Sorry but I'm going to have to use a membership veto on the Trains idea. For me personally it would be a huge game ruining anachronism within the colonalization world. :(

I don't mean to sound like a colonization purist, and I realize that not everyone likes to play historical based games. I appreciate that railways could be a fun and interesting part of the game so with that being said, I would be willing to withdraw my objection if:

1. The timeframe to the mod were extended to incorporate the period of when railways were introduced into the US (1820's-1830's), with railways only becoming available very late in the game.

Or​

2. If there were a way to have railways as a feature that could be disabled before starting a game, giving the player a choice to play a more historically accurate game.

No problem. :)
It is your decision which of my features you want and which you don't want. :thumbsup:
(... or how you change and modify them.)

You guys can still add this feature to the mod files, even if it's disabled for the main game
As I said, could be great for some possible late scenarios

You guys can still add this feature to the mod files, even if it's disabled for the main game
As I said, could be great for some possible late scenarios.

It is not possible to implement and completely disable without some side effects.
All you could do is to add some additional code that does not allow Railroads, Trains and Trainstation to be built.

But

A) You would still see Trains and Trainstations in Colopedia and Gameconcepts.
-> Could confuse the player.

B) Would need to implement additional checks in the DLL that do nothing else than to forbid these things.
-> I consider that very dirty coding.

C) If a Scenario or ModMod of RaR is to be built, the feature could simply be used then.
-> Path to the Throne for example will use this feature (with different graphics of course)

------

Summary:

I believe that a feature should either be integrated in a mod or not.
Making dirty hybrids only lowers quality and performance.

This feature is not a simply "Plugin", it will be deeply woven into the logic.
(I have decided to introduce Yield_Coal for example and AI will get more logic for this, too.)

Optimally this feature would be combined with feature Inventions, which currently simply does not exist yet.
But that alternative would also simply not fit into the timeline of RaR.

A) You would still see Trains and Trainstations in Colopedia and Gameconcepts.
-> Could confuse the player.

B) Would need to implement additional checks in the DLL that do nothing else than to forbid these things.
-> I consider that very dirty coding.

I did these things in python for a couple things in RFCE
Wasn't too hard actually
(for A I mean disabling from civilopedia)

Anyway, you are probably right generally
The simplest thing would be to somewhat increase the timeline, and put these to a very late invention
So yeah, definitely only after inventions are implemented

It does not make sense to implement features in a mod just to deactivate and hide them again. :)

Maybe the next feature I implement will fit better to Religion and Revolution. :thumbsup:
(I will of course use this feature in my private version of the mod.)

I really like the Oxcart idea. :goodjob:
But trains are probably a little out of the Colonization's timeline...
I've been thinking. Would someone like to do a preview video for Religion and Revolution, like Orlanth's trailer video for the Path to the Throne?
We could take some screenshots and blend them together to make a video :dunno: ?

Videos would be nice. :)

An Intro would surely be awesome.
Let's Play Videos would also be cool.
Don't know, if a Trailer is still needed, since the mod already exists for quite some time.

Just go ahead and do whatever you like. :thumbsup:

What about a map of the world? I would this feature great but absolutely no implemented in this game. However I would rather have an "ocean Europe" rather than landmass.

Videos would be nice. :)

An Intro would surely be awesome.
Let's Play Videos would also be cool.
Don't know, if a Trailer is still needed, since the mod already exists for quite some time.
Oh! Yes! I meant an intro movie.

What about a map of the world? I would this feature great but absolutely no implemented in this game. However I would rather have an "ocean Europe" rather than landmass.
I don't understand... Sorry! What do you mean? :dunno:

Well, nobody is interested in making a scenario "colonization of the world" with a global world map. One is already existing but with already created colonies all over the world + europe populated with colonies. I would rather make the same (or similar map) but with high ocean tiles instead of europe, because europe should not be implemented in the game

Well, nobody is interested in making a scenario "colonization of the world" with a global world map. One is already existing but with already created colonies all over the world + europe populated with colonies. I would rather make the same (or similar map) but with high ocean tiles instead of europe, because europe should not be implemented in the game
Oh I see what you mean!:)
You would want us to take a World map and remove Europe... But What about Africa? :dunno: Would we leave it as it is or would we change it to ocean tiles too? And what about the other powers (Russia, China etc...)? :dunno:

Well Africa and Asia should be in.
from the timeline 1492-1800 other powers have little "power" to be really involved.
China and Japan right. :) ottoman Empire, India in some places too. So in those places I would put lots of natives to make it difficult to colonize.
So perhaps making a map of the whole world which stop on the line of Taiwan, north of it it is not on the map (some boardgames like "navegador" did that)

last and not least... enabling Russia as a human player by setting very little ocean tiles between europe and Siberia (and closed in the north coast so that Russia cannont colonize throuth the north pole), so that the russian play will have to colonize and develop mostly by land

The idea is to let European the choice to colonize wherever they want (including Africa and south east Asia) taking in account the fact that spices are in Asia so much far than america
So that you can really recreate portuguese empire or colonial new netherlands

I will try something but I am absolutely not a scenario designer... :)

Hi all,
I downloaded the Mod (v1.3) and it runs but I do not see the resources symbols. Strg+Y doesn't work and the icon at the overview map doesn't work either.
I started the game several times.
Bonus resources work, as do other viewing options.

What could be the problem?

edit: the symbols are not visible on the map nor the city screen

edit2: as noone seems to read this, I'll try in the bugs thread

@team:

I have created some more diversity for Goodies received by Goody Huts.

There are 5 new goodies:

A) Lost Missionary
B) Lost Colonist from a failed colony
C) Conquistador separated from his fellow troops
D) Runaway Native Slave (escaped from the tribe that enslaved him)
E) Native Warrior (Native Mercenary) that joins you

It is pretty simple stuff but I like playing with it, so I thought I might offer it to you. :)
(The of the other stuff I created recently does probably not fit general taste.)

Tell me if I should upload to SVN. :thumbsup:

By the way, I have also created this feature:

Goody Huts on Water

Water Goody Huts (parts of a sunken ship) can currently do the following:

A) You find a survivor
B) You get some gold
C) You get a map
D) You get some experience

However, this feature is a bit more difficult to share, since it is DLL coded and also involves several other changes.

My personal version of RaR has become quite different from published RaR 1.3 and it is getting harder and harder for me to separate single features out of it.
At the moment I am simply programming / creating / changing stuff in any way I feel appropriate (for myself).
It is getting hard for me to even remember all the small things I have changed / done.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 75
yes that sounds fine :thumbsup: btw how do you make different Goody Improvements which can each trigger a specific set of rewards from GoodyInfos.xml? It seems like they all have <Goody>1 and use the same set of rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom