Return of the sword

Allright, finally we have found Vox's sub. So everything is okay, at least 2metraninja planted the city. I hope it will go faster now.

Hope you don't mind, LDeska, but I went ahead and added some asterisks to your spoiler thread's title, due to Indiansmoke's suggestion.

I'm going to try and follow these spoiler threads as best I can. Sounds like it'll be fun.
Of course - no problem :)

BTW When do we set (more or less) end of turn? I can't connect from work to hamachi b/c of firewall here... I'm also working on Linux but Civ4 works on it, I installed hamachi but it fails to login - b/c of that firewall. So I prefer to do my turns from home in the evening. I have to first lie to sleep my two daughters so I can login at earliest around 20:00. Can we postpone our game by few hours so the end of turn will be around 21:00 CET?

BTW When do we set (more or less) end of turn? I can't connect from work to hamachi b/c of firewall here... I'm also working on Linux but Civ4 works on it, I installed hamachi but it fails to login - b/c of that firewall. So I prefer to do my turns from home in the evening. I have to first lie to sleep my two daughters so I can login at earliest around 20:00. Can we postpone our game by few hours so the end of turn will be around 21:00 CET?

You have 24 hours minimum from when you end your turn so you should be allright. I am in exactly the same situation as you so I know what you say. If any day you cannot make it post here and someone will pause it for you.

I though the wrap will be toroidal and I just reached the edge of the map. Not a big problem, just to note.

BTW When do we set (more or less) end of turn? I can't connect from work to hamachi b/c of firewall here...

Any tips for me as I can login on hamachi with my laptop but not connect to the game.
I see everyone in green on hamachi, but with a '!' next to everyone, and I can't ping Indian's.
It has to be some firewall issue, I stay in a rented place with a share connection with the whole residence, so that might be it. However, this being a corporate laptop, it might be some settings I'm just not familar with in Vista

Cant help with hamachi - mine just runs, but for me it is like a real magic - never ever tried to go in depth.

Maybe we need a pause for Indiansmoke - 3 hours left on the timer and he is not logged in this turn. Or he just automated things?

Any tips for me as I can login on hamachi with my laptop but not connect to the game.
I see everyone in green on hamachi, but with a '!' next to everyone, and I can't ping Indian's.
It has to be some firewall issue, I stay in a rented place with a share connection with the whole residence, so that might be it. However, this being a corporate laptop, it might be some settings I'm just not familar with in Vista

I have made a change in our connection in hamachi. let me know if it works now.

Here:

Attachments

• edge.JPG
    edge.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 212
So it sems it is not toroidal, I have no way of knowing now if it is cylindrical or flat.

If you guys want to restart I am fine with it, just speak up now lets not let it continue much more if we are to restart.

It is known pitboss bug. Special map settings are dropped to default under some circumstances. You have to set wrap option after all others to be sure that it is not flat. This is the only way to avoid it revealed to me so far.

If you want my opinion I am not against rehosting but I would prefer to play on, since mostly everyone started spoiler thread and many turns allready passed. It is not because of great start I've got :p

My hosting pc went dead! I will see what I can do tomorrow, in the meantime if anyone has autosave from last turn please save it we might need it....

Top Bottom