Returning Civs - Elimination Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incas 11
Khmer 10 (13-3) I do not share the joy
Malians 8 (7+1) Mansa Musa the richest man on earth of all times!
Mayans 2

Incas 13 (12+1)
Khmer 7
Malians 8
Mayans 0 (2-2) Auf Wiedersehen mein Freund! I like the Incas way more than the Mayans.

Incas 13
Khmer 8 = (7 + 1)
Malians 5 = (8 - 3)

The Khmer are an interesting and important civilisation from an underrepresented region. The builders of Angkor should definitely be in the game (and of course the Wat itself). But Angkor is more than just a temple and a wonder. It is believed to be the largest pre-industrial urban settlement (in terms of extent) and the sheer opulence of their unique and world-famous architecture is testament to the wealth and cultural significance of the empire.

Mali is also an interesting and important civilisation from an underrepresented region. They were also an empire of great wealth and architectural wonders. However, they lose out today solely because there are zero civs representing native South America or southeast Asia. Breaks my heart, but hey- they're in the top three, which makes me happy.

Incas 13-3=10 - I don't have any major problem with Inca. They would be a great choice, but we already have Brazil and Aztecs, so I think they can wait.
Khmer 8
Malians 5+1=6 - Probably my last try to save Malians (or Malinese?).

Incas 11-3=8
Khmer 5+1=6
Malians 6

Race to the bottom! So now we have a choice between the #1 most likely civ to be included at some point and the two most likely upcoming DLC civs. Not exactly sending a message to Firaxis... :undecide:

Last edited:
Incas 5 (8-3) the least impressive culture from these three by a long shot. How can someone prefer them to the Mayans? Good thing I don't have to understand other people's thoughts
Khmer 7 (6+1) most impressive culture form these three
Malians 6

Umph. My Mayans. :(

Incas 6 (5 + 1) -- Pre-Columbian representation is still badly needed.
Khmer 7
Malians 3 (6 - 3) -- I blame you. :mad: :p

Incas 7 -- Pre-Columbian representation is still badly needed.
Khmer 7
Malians - 0 Eliminated

Sneaky vote to give Incas the top spot!

Incas 7 - 3 = 4 I'm sure the Inca will come. The Khmer, not so much
Khmer 7 + 1 = 8 As Uberforg said, Angkor was, at some point, the world's largest urban center in the world, with Angkor havin in the XIIth century one million souls. Not only did they built thousands of temples, but they were very good engineers, by creating the barays, their water reservoirs, to supply all these people with fresh water. They are mandatory in a base game not a pick one blinded in SE Asia.

Incas (5+1)=6 One of the best South Amerindian Civs. It's a shame the Andean Civilizations had no writing. If they did and were translated today, Tiwanaku, Wari, Moche, Nazca, Chachapoya could be in the game.
Khmer (5-3)=2 It pains me to do this, but a SE Asian civ is coming, and we don't know about the Incas.

Well, that does it for this game, folks.

Without further ado, I present to you the Awards Ceremony for your top five:

1 :trophy: Incas - Golden Trophy of Victory and Honor
2 :trophy2nd: Khmer - Silver Chalice of Second-Best
3 :trophy3rd: Malians - Bronze Cup of Third-Rate
4 :trophy2: Mayans - Pewter Beaker of Also-Ran
5 :trophy2: Mongols - Copper Thimble of Abject Pity

If the mods are amenable, I'll keep updating the first post and will cross off (and date) each civ if and when they are released.

If there's still interest, maybe we can revisit this thread after XP1 is released and have a rematch with a smaller selection comprised of the remaining missing civs.

So long, folks! It's been real, it's been fun, and it's been real fun.

Yep, it was fun! And I'm fine with Incas as winners (but I prefer Mali). Only thing I kinda don't agree with Venice so low.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom