Returning Civs - Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assyria - 14 (17 - 3) - I'd be fine with Assyria as the ancient civ of the third expansion, but would personally prefer Babylon
Babylon - 14
Byzantium - 9 (8 + 1) - Definitely top 5 for me
Ethiopia - 20
Iroquois - 4
Maya - 30
Morocco - 16
Portugal - 18

Assyria - 14
Babylon - 14
Byzantium - 9-3=6 tough competition
Ethiopia - 20+1=21 important African country should be in top3
Iroquois - 4
Maya - 30
Morocco - 16
Portugal - 18

Assyria - 14
Babylon - 14
Byzantium - 7 (6+1) For the HORDE....oh I mean for the CONSTANTINOPLE!!
Ethiopia - 21

Iroquois - 1 (3-1) Dont take me wrong, I actually think they are one of best representation of native indians WITHOUT any problems like with Cree were. Its just I personally dont play native indians much.
Maya - 30
Morocco - 16
Portugal - 18

Assyria - 14+1=15 Trying to keep the first empire in the world as long as possible.
Babylon - 14
Byzantium - 7
Ethiopia - 21
Iroquois - 1
Maya - 30
Morocco - 16-3=13 Still care about the Iroquois or Byzantium returning more than Morocco even though we could easily get another NA tribe and give Rome a Byzantine alt leader and I would be okay with it.
Portugal - 18

Assyria - 12 (15-3) I really want it in the game, but choices need to be made, and I prefer Babylon as ancient civilization, it's just personal preference.
Babylon - 14
Byzantium - 8 (7+1) Just trying to give breaths to survive until Assyria falls, at least.
Ethiopia - 21
Iroquois - 1
Maya - 30
Morocco - 13
Portugal - 18

unless someone here would like to somehow persuade me that Portugal should be seen as an extension of Spain, etc. Good luck with that.

Philip II greeting: "I am the King of Spain, Portugal, Sardinia and Sicily, Naples, Duke of Milan, etc., but most importantly, I am a devout follower of the one, true religion. I hope for your sake you are as well."

There's a strong possibility that the reason they went with Philip II is exactly to blob Spain and Portugal together. I hope that's not the case.
-----
-----

Assyria - 12
Babylon - 14
Byzantium - 5 (8 - 3) I disagree with others. We already have Rome and a new Leader will suffice, BUT it must be Constantine and explicitly described as Eastern Roman Empire. The All roads lead to Rome ability fits perfectly with the New Rome city of Constantinople. All you need to do is put the New Rome descriptor in the opening Leader screen for players. Constantine should have some passive bonuses from foreign religions, a bit like Mvemba a Nzinga, but not be his main ability. The Legion is fine, just as the Sea Dog is fine for Eleanor. It's a slight stretch, but within reason for a game, unlike Theodora. Potential Abilities: Founder of Constantinople or New/Second Rome. (See Dido) New Cities with a Bath Gain 'Move Capital Project'. Constantine spawns as unique Great General once Project is completed for the first time. Units within Constantine's range ignore defensive natural features when attacking and/or Cities within Constantine range suffer no penalty to loyalty (or some other loyalty mechanic). Enemy units suffer penalty to Strength within Rome's territory. Gain two/three governor promotions on retirement.
Ethiopia - 21
Iroquois - 1
Maya - 30
Morocco - 13
Portugal - 19 (18 +1) Thoroughly explained my position already.

Assyria - 12
Babylon - 14
Byzantium - 5+1=6. So much of Byzantium has never been represented in Civ and doesn't fit neatly in a Rome focused on the late republic/early empire.
Ethiopia - 21
Iroquois - 1-3=0. Many more interesting options available.
Maya - 30
Morocco - 13
Portugal - 19

I just realised the Iroquois vote is all messed up. Amunril updated the Babylon vote from Kingmaker correctly, but ignored his 3-3 for Iroquois?

Edit: Nevermind, it was 6-3. It's Kingmaker's that confused me :p.

Sorry, that should’ve been 6-3. Fixed now.

Assyria - 12
Babylon - 11 (14 - 3) - Doesn't fit VI's thesis. Also I'd prefer Armenia. Also, have to point out that the Maya could easily be an ancient science civ, and in a far more interesting way.
Byzantium - 6
Ethiopia - 21
Maya - 30
Morocco - 14 (13 + 1) - I just had some insanely delicious Moroccan barbecue the other night.
Portugal - 19

Assyria - 12
Babylon - 11
Byzantium - 6
Ethiopia - 18 (21 - 3) I'm still not particularly impressed by the previous incarnations for Ethiopia, Their Civ 5 version in particular reminds me of the Mapuche and I find that civ to be incredibly linear and therefore dull. Especially since their effect was combat focused. I think they would need another mechanical hook to make me interested in playing them.
Maya - 30
Morocco - 15 (14+1) I'm going to throw one vote towards Morocco this time for no other reason than to spite the Spanish.
Portugal - 19

Last edited:
Assyria - 12 + 1 = 13 Both Assyria and Babylonia can fit VI's "thesis" but since I can only upvote 1 I'll do Assyria. It should definitely be higher and dare I say I'd want it to be in the top 4 or 3.
Babylon - 11
Byzantium - 6 - 3 = 3 I love Byzantium and I'd love to see it again in any form. At this point though, most of its competition includes Ancient era civs, African civs, and a New World civ, all of which are currently few in number in the game.
Ethiopia - 18
Maya - 30
Morocco - 15
Portugal - 19

Assyria - 13
Babylon - 11
Byzantium - 3
Ethiopia - 18 + 1 = 19 We need more African representation, especially since humanity originated in Africa, and Africa is chronically underrepresented in Civ games (because many of its fans are American/European and want their sacred Caucasian imperials in there)
Maya - 30
Morocco - 15
Portugal - 19 - 3 = 16 Intervening to cut down a European power that wreaked havoc in Africa.

Assyria - 13
Babylon - 11
Byzantium - 3
Ethiopia - 19
Maya - 30+1=31 I've always found the pre-Columbian civilizations interesting, and this is one of the three staples of those.
Morocco - 15-3=12 Quite frankly just not interested in this one.
Portugal - 16

Assyria - 13
Babylon - 11+1=12 They’ve been in every other Civ since the first game. Do any other major civs not “fit with Civ’s thesis?” I call BS.
Byzantium - 3
Ethiopia - 19
Maya - 31
Morocco - 12-3=9 I would love for them to return, but they’re not in my top 5.
Portugal - 16

Assyria - 13
Babylon - 12
Byzantium - 4 (3 + 1) - They look done for, but I think they should stick around a little longer
Ethiopia - 19
Maya - 31
Morocco - 9
Portugal - 13 (16 - 3) - A staple, but Europe is very crowded and the competition is very tough now

Assyria - 13
Babylon - 12
Byzantium - 5 (4+1) Should be in top 5.
Ethiopia - 19
Maya - 31
Morocco - 6 (9-3) I really like them actually , but if next expanssion is prob last, so for africa there is 2 spots at best. 1. I want Madagascar a new civ, and 2. for ancient Egypt leader. ..
Portugal - 13

Assyria - 13+1=14 I personally want them in the top 3 at least.
Babylon - 12
Byzantium - 5
Ethiopia - 19
Maya - 31
Morocco - 6-3=3 Spots are few and I don't need them as much as others. I'd rather other new African civs before they return.
Portugal - 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom