1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Returning Civs - Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by alphaman21, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Assyria - 13+1=14 I personally want them in the top 3 at least.
    Babylon - 12
    Byzantium - 5
    Ethiopia - 19
    Maya - 31
    Morocco - 6-3=3 Spots are few and I don't need them as much as others. I'd rather other new African civs before they return.
    Portugal - 13

2. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

Assyria - 11 (14-3) I would like to have Assyria in a fourth expansion, while Babylon for the third. :p
    Babylon - 12
    Byzantium - 5
    Ethiopia - 19
    Maya - 31
    Morocco - 3
    Portugal - 14 (13+1) Must be in the game due to its historical importance.

3. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Assyria - 11
    Babylon - 12
    Byzantium - 5+1=6. True to history Byzantium shows an uncanny ability to recover from near elimination.
    Ethiopia - 19
    Maya - 31
    Morocco - 3
    Portugal - 14-3=11. Everybody left was historically significant but Portugal comes from an over-represented part of the world.

4. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

Assyria - 11
    Babylon - 12-3=9
    Byzantium - 6
    Ethiopia - 19
    Maya - 31
    Morocco - 3+1=4
    Portugal - 11

Maghreb, Moors or Al-Andalus should be one of mainstay staple civs, same as Italy

Babylon is great and all, but of the remaining ones it is the most redundant civ (especially when Assyria is one of alternatives)

5. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Assyria - 11
    Babylon - 9
    Byzantium - 6
    Ethiopia - 19 + 1 = 20 (As much as I love the Maya, let's aim for a more fun final round with another historically important and interesting civ).
    Maya - 31
    Morocco - 4
    Portugal - 11 - 3 = 8 (#civsowhite)

6. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Prince

Assyria - 11 + 1 = 12 Arguably one of the oldest and most successful empires ever, I agree with how surprising it is that this civ only just appeared in Civ 5.
    Babylon - 9
    Byzantium - 6 - 3 = 3 I still love them but the competition is pretty stiff by this point. 7th place ain't bad at all either if it comes to it.
    Ethiopia - 20
    Maya - 31
    Morocco - 4
    Portugal - 8

7. SagarRathore

SagarRathore Chieftain

Assyria - 12
    Babylon - 9
    Byzantium - 3-3=0 Eliminated surely they are important but competition is quite tough now
    Ethopia - 20+1=21 only contender to give fight to Maya,important African Civ
    Maya - 31
    Morocco - 4
    Portugal - 8

8. Pokarnor

Pokarnor Chieftain

Assyria - 12+1=13 The Ancient Near East is full of neat civilizations and the Assyrians are some of the coolest.
    Babylon - 9
    Ethiopia - 21
    Maya - 31
    Morocco - 4-3=1 Once again, I just find it less interesting than the other civs here.
    Portugal - 8

9. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

Assyria - 13
    Babylon - 6 (9 - 3) - Doesn't fit VI's thesis. I'd prefer Armenia, although honestly I think that part of the world feels pretty complete.
    Ethiopia - 21
    Maya - 31
    Morocco - 2 (1 + 1) - Last civ I care to upvote on here.
    Portugal - 8

10. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Assyria - 13
    Babylon - 6+1=7 We only have one Mesopotamian Civ so far. Way underrepresented.
    Ethiopia - 21
    Maya - 31
    Morocco - 2-2=0 I actually really want to see them again, but I want the others more. Or maybe they just don’t “fit the thesis.”
    Portugal - 8

679x and Jkchart like this.
  11. Naktis

Naktis Warlord

Assyria - 13
    Babylon - 4 (7-3) Has similarities with Sumer , and also I prefer someone new like Elam or Akkad
    Ethiopia - 21
    Maya - 31

Portugal - 9 (8+1) Strange we have portugal colony brazil and not the portugal themselves.

12. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Assyria - 13+1=14. Has less similarities with Sumer than Babylon does.
    Babylon - 4-3=1. Nothing against Babylon but as I have stated earlier I would slightly prefer Assyria to return plus we already have Babylon as a city-state.
    Ethiopia - 21

Maya - 31
    Portugal - 9

13. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

Assyria - 14
    Babylon - 1-3 = 0 ELIMINATED. The irony being how much I upvoted them, but I feel less bad since they were on death's door. Also, this is a great top 5, so I don't feel horrible. Hammurabi, thanks for playing.
    Ethiopia - 21
    Maya - 31
    Portugal - 9+1 = 10 We have Brazil, silly we don't have Portugal. Imagine USA/Australia/Canada without England.

14. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Assyria - 14+1=15. The Cradle of Civilisation deserves more attention.
    Ethiopia - 21
    Maya - 31
    Portugal - 10-3=7. I'd be happy to cut Brazil too.

15. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

Assyria - 12 (15-3) I'm interested in Assyria, but not as much as the remaining of the list.
    Ethiopia - 21
    Maya - 32 (31+1) The most needed civ on the list.
    Portugal - 7

16. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Assyria - 9 (12-3) I think Mesopotamia could use more representations, but this feels like the least of the remaining options.
    Ethiopia - 21
    Maya - 32
    Portugal - 8 (7+1) It will inevitably sink next, but I'll buoy it a bit. It's a series mainstay and it's also bizarre that we have Brazil without Portugal. There should be a rule at Firaxis that colonial civs need their mother country before they can be included.

17. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Assyria - 6 (9 - 3) Between Ethiopia Maya and Assyria as official Civs, I'd rather part with Assyria.
    Ethiopia - 21
    Maya - 32
    Portugal - 9 (8 + 1) I need another Naval/Trade Power, Phoenicia isn't enough. Furthermore, the mechanics it requires to make it a unique Civ aren't easy to mod. I'm confident that both Assyria and Ethiopia would receive a lot of love from the top Civ modders, so I don't actually have to worry about them.

18. returnofbabylon

returnofbabylon Chieftain

Assyria - 7 (6 + 1) - Deserves some love with Babylon gone already
    Ethiopia - 21
    Maya - 32
    Portugal - 6 (9 - 3) - Least necessary of the final 4 considering what's in the game so far

19. 679x

679x Warlord

Dang, I've been away from this thread for a while and I've missed so much action! Down to some tough choices now, eh?

Assyria - 7
    Ethiopia - 22 (21 + 1) - I strongly support more African presence in Civ 6, and I agree with everyone who said that Ethiopia should become a mainstay.
    Maya - 32
    Portugal - 3 (6 - 3) - Sorry, Portugal, I upvoted you earlier but when you're alone competing with the likes of Assyria, the Maya, and Ethiopia, there's not a whole lot that can be done. Portugal doesn't fill a cultural void like some of these others, and we did kind of have to go out of our way to come up with a gameplay design in their hypothetical inclusion that didn't overlap with England, Spain, or Phoenicia. Of course, now that the list looks the way it does, I'd include all 4 if I could! But alas, that's not how elimination threads work...

TahamiTsunami, DefiantMars and AntSou like this.
  20. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Prince

Whoa, quite a few important civs have fallen in so short a time! On the plus side, these are the 4 that I would hope would be the returning civs in the next expansion pack (even though I want the Iroquois, Morocco, etc. to return too somehow). I can imagine how much more chaotic this could get in a new civs thread.

Assyria - 7 + 1 = 8 This gets another upvote for me though we are getting down to the nitty gritty right now.
    Ethiopia - 22
    Maya - 32
    Portugal - 3 - 3 = 0 Eliminated This is definitely an important civ and 1 that will almost certainly be in the next expansion pack, but I just find it the least interesting out of the big 4 here. 4th place definitely ain't bad.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.